~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

White Person Taco Night™!

My kids wanted "regular nights" for stuff they liked.  Their favourite foods are pizza (on Friday) and tex-mex style tacos (Tuesday).  So, that's what we do.  (TBH, the only hard corn shells I can find in Toronto are OEP).

On a tangent, my non-authentic taco of choice:

Flour Tortilla with a layer of refried beans surrounding a OEP Nacho Cheese hard shell, filled with ground beef with black beans, topped with Extra Hot Valentina sauce, pickled Jalapenos, sour cream and Costco brand shredded Mexican cheese.  My best imitation of an at-home Taco Bell dinner.

I'd prefer to have more variety -- but any deviation causes an uproar among the mini-people.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

My kids wanted "regular nights" for stuff they liked.  Their favourite foods are pizza (on Friday) and tex-mex style tacos (Tuesday).  So, that's what we do.  (TBH, the only hard corn shells I can find in Toronto are OEP).

Flour Tortilla with a layer of refried beans surrounding a OEP Nacho Cheese hard shell, filled with ground beef with black beans, topped with Extra Hot Valentina sauce, pickled Jalapenos, sour cream and Costco brand shredded Mexican cheese.  My best imitation of an at-home Taco Bell dinner.

I'd prefer to have more variety -- but any deviation causes an uproar among the mini-people.

I'm not making fun! In fact, I am also doing taco night tonight!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's okay to make fun of someone for using the stupidest tortillas possible. 

I live in fucking Toronto -- the best selection of Mexican ingredients is actually at the local "Asian" grocery store.

I can buy authentic ingredients for cooking Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Arabic/Indian cooking.  But finding real ingredients for Mexican food - fuggetaboudit.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I live in fucking Toronto -- the best selection of Mexican ingredients is actually at the local "Asian" grocery store.

I can buy authentic ingredients for cooking Korean/Japanese/Chinese/Arabic/Indian cooking.  But finding real ingredients for Mexican food - fuggetaboudit.

There must be SOME manner of soft tortilla available. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

There must be SOME manner of soft tortilla available. 

21 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

14 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Kensington market yo

• True 1

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Since D1P has confirmed Mexican food is the best, it’s about time we cancel Canada. Please delete your one thread and leave. Thanks 

Indian food > all other foods, and Canada has great Indian markets and restaurants thanks to the massive south Asian immigration over the past 40 years.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Indian food > all other foods, and Canada has great Indian markets and restaurants thanks to the massive south Asian immigration over the past 40 years.

You can post your wrong opinion here on your way out. Thanks 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Canadians don’t know about real Mexican food. 99% of Mexican food in Canada is trash and it’s not as prevalent there as it is here in the US.

Canadian tourists flood Southwest Detroit every summer (or for every hockey game) for this reason.

17 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You should instead be asking what's wrong with white people. Even the Brits realized there was something wrong when they got to India and started going crazy with curry houses.

My theory is that white people colonized and conquered most of the world because we lacked good food. Think about it—the things that were most valued were spices and sugar from far-off places, and the colonial empires gave up huge tracts of land just to keep the ones where they could get better food flavouring from. Europe, being that it is cold much of the year, focused on foods that were calorie-dense and could be stored over winter. Once white people got a taste of the spices of the rest of the warmer world, they decided to conquer it. Fuck Guns, Germs, and Steel, it should be Saffron, Sugar, and Cinnamon.