~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Glad people are digging into the numbers. It's true that it's not 1:1, but we do have some history of viral pandemics, and thinking short-term about what it's doing to the economy doesn't help us as to what a muted response will do long-term.

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I feel for him. Glad everything worked out. That being said it is completely idiotic that THIS is how some people get it through their head this is serious. It takes them or a loved one getting sick and dying or almost dying. 

Even now there are still people being stupid about this whole thing, not taking it seriously. 

32 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Glad people are digging into the numbers. It's true that it's not 1:1, but we do have some history of viral pandemics, and thinking short-term about what it's doing to the economy doesn't help us as to what a muted response will do long-term.

I am personally surprised I thought we had to sacrifice thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands for the free market.

God just typing that sentence makes me feel like capitalism has added human sacrifices to it's resumé. 

51 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I feel for him. Glad everything worked out. That being said it is completely idiotic that THIS is how some people get it through their head this is serious. It takes them or a loved one getting sick and dying or almost dying. 

Even now there are still people being stupid about this whole thing, not taking it seriously. 

Humans are pack/tribe animals whose brains function best when dealing with anecdotes from people they know. Unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

If anyone needs help getting a Whole Food order, I am the fucking master. Got an order for me and my parents as well.

Please show me your ways, three times in the last three days I've had my delivery window disappear on me while I'm in the process of checking out.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Please show me your ways, three times in the last three days I've had my delivery window disappear on me while I'm in the process of checking out.

That still happens to me, but you have to keep trying. I learned a pattern from a Chrome extension that I was using that they add delivery times at the top of every hour (occasionally there will be an hour that does not have any times, but it is rare). So basically just sit at the delivery window screen with a full cart spamming refresh at :58 of every hour. Typically, they add a time at the :00 or :01 time, but just now they added a time at 12:59 EST for me. You just have to be quick and do not get discouraged if someone else beats you to checkout. You will eventually get a slot. It took me 3 tries for my wife and me to do it and 3 times for my parents.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

That still happens to me, but you have to keep trying. I learned a pattern from a Chrome extension that I was using that they add delivery times at the top of every hour (occasionally there will be an hour that does not have any times, but it is rare). So basically just sit at the delivery window screen with a full cart spamming refresh at :58 of every hour. Typically, they add a time at the :00 or :01 time, but just now they added a time at 12:59 EST for me. You just have to be quick and do not get discouraged if someone else beats you to checkout. You will eventually get a slot. It took me 3 tries for my wife and me to do it and 3 times for my parents.

You're refreshing the page that shows the delivery windows, right?

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

Yep, exactly

Thanks. What do you do about the tip? I want to give more than the $5 default but the time it took to increase the tip seemed to be what cost me one of my slots, and I want no-contact delivery so I can't give them a couple of extra dollars that way.

Just now, Jason said:

Thanks. What do you do about the tip? I want to give more than the $5 default but the time it took to increase the tip seemed to be what cost me one of my slots.

You can edit up to 24 hours after the fact.

• Thanks 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

What is this Sorcery you speak of and will they deliver to The Hood? Because that's where I'm staying with my parents. 

There's definitely a Whole Foods in Newark. Really nice one actually. Do you have Amazon Prime?

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

YES

Ever since I started working part-time at a Japanese restaurant, I have caught myself instinctively bowing when not around Japanese people in normal, everyday settings. It's honestly a vastly superior greeting.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes but my parents live in... Irvington :nervous: It's like a third world country over here. I'll give it a try though because I DO have Prime. 

OH SHIT. Irvington makes Newark look like a playground lol. It's close to Newark though, isn't it? Maybe you can still get a delivery there.

8 minutes ago, Jose said:

OH SHIT. Irvington makes Newark look like a playground lol. It's close to Newark though, isn't it? Maybe you can still get a delivery there.

I can get deliveries in P-Town. Doubt Irvington is a problem.

Since Skillz is here this would be a good time for a D1P hangout but ya dat COVID. 

We should set up a D1P east coast tournament. Live stream it on twitch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I can get deliveries in P-Town. Doubt Irvington is a problem.

Since Skillz is here this would be a good time for a D1P hangout but ya dat COVID. 

We should set up a D1P east coast tournament. Live stream it on twitch.

Oh man, P-Town! I had been wanting to go into P-Town for some good Hispanic food before this craziness, but kept pussing out. Apparently there are some good Peruvian eats there.