Tesla asks suppliers to send money, request described as "essential to Tesla’s continued operation"

5 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

What’s up with this

If that "since 2013" bit is true this may not be relevant, but Ars Technica just had a piece on how the slow ramp-up of production on the part of Tesla has had the effect of extending the full $7,500 federal EV credit through the end of 2018, and there's been speculation that Tesla was intentionally delaying delivery of vehicles to get as many customers as possible the full $7,500 federal EV credit.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/07/tesla-sold-200000-cars-in-the-us-so-the-7500-tax-credit-is-going-away/

They could be waiting for batteries because I know the Tesla Gigafactory hasn't been able to meet quotas even running 24/7 since it opened. I know someone who works on the line at the factory. They were supposed to open more sections but construction has stopped.

Tesla-Gigafactory-July-24-2016-Labels.jp

They plan on expanding it about 4 times larger.

On 7/23/2018 at 12:30 AM, Jason said:

If that "since 2013" bit is true this may not be relevant, but Ars Technica just had a piece on how the slow ramp-up of production on the part of Tesla has had the effect of extending the full $7,500 federal EV credit through the end of 2018, and there's been speculation that Tesla was intentionally delaying delivery of vehicles to get as many customers as possible the full $7,500 federal EV credit.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/07/tesla-sold-200000-cars-in-the-us-so-the-7500-tax-credit-is-going-away/

That has been an open secret for a while now. My sales rep mentioned this to me when I bought my car over a year ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/aug/17/elon-musk-says-past-year-has-been-excruciating-and-worst-is-yet-to-come

In an emotional interview with the New York Times, the founder of electric carmaker Tesla also revealed that the pressures of work had caused him to spend his birthday stuck in the Tesla factory and almost miss his brother’s wedding.

Wow. He's really a hero.

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Tesla Keeps Sliding as JPMorgan Sees No Secured Funding for Deal

Tesla's board is failing its fiduciary responsibility to the stockholders by not acting aggressively to rein in the CEO.

They should probably remove him as CEO and force him to liquidate his holdings in the company.  At least then Musk could concentrate on SpaceX and use those billions in fresh cash to help develop his Mars rocket.

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

They should probably remove him as CEO and force him to liquidate his holdings in the company.  At least then Musk could concentrate on SpaceX and use those billions in fresh cash to help develop his Mars rocket.

I think you mean his tunneling company to make more flamethrowers.