Godfall (PS5/PC) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Pikachu

• 5 months later...

Take your first look at PlayStation 5 gameplay of Godfall and the world of Aperion—a world on the precipice of ruin. You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Tear through foes as you climb through each of the elemental realms and challenge the mad god, Macros who awaits you at the top. Ascend in Godfall, the first-of-its-kind, looter-slasher, melee action-RPG.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, number305 said:

What possible justification is there for this to be more expensive on console than PC?  I mean the argument that costs have come up so we have to charge more... except they are still going to charge less for PC.

Next Gen Tax. Similar thing happen in the early days of $60 console games. 

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

Next Gen Tax. Similar thing happen in the early days of $60 console games. 

I just think it is dumb.  People should not pay.  It isn't a Sony thing either - there are several XSX games with $70 price.  

Either wait a few weeks for the price to fall or buy it on PC.

36 minutes ago, number305 said:

What possible justification is there for this to be more expensive on console than PC?  I mean the argument that costs have come up so we have to charge more... except they are still going to charge less for PC.

It hard to do a next gen tax when there isnt generational divide on PC. I have to think this is Epic trying to grab customers at low price point.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Godfall (PS5/PC) - Information Thread (Launching Holiday 2020), update: "The Fall" cinematic intro trailer
44 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm assuming the Publisher decides prices not the storefront or Platform holder.  

Normally yes but in this instance the store front is paying for exclusivity so I guessing am EGS has input in the matter

46 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Can MS or Sony really tell Activision, Ubisofts or in this case Gearbox what to charge for a version of a game?

Technically since they are key holders to the platform they have some say in the matter. I am sure they can dictate the the top end price.

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm assuming the Publisher decides prices not the storefront or Platform holder.  

Can MS or Sony really tell Activision, Ubisofts or in this case Gearbox what to charge for a version of a game?

Platforms (be it hardware or storefront) set out their guidance on what they think publishers should charge but in the end the actual decision is up to the publisher. 

Just now, SimpleG said:

Then why are people throwing a fit ?

Well you can play it solo.  You don't need to play coop, so maybe in the case you lose internet you can't play at all?

To me it's not a big deal, prob mostly Xbox fanboys trying to make a bigger deal out of it because it's a PS Exclusive for now.

I saw a few people from other countries upset because the internet is not reliable and said they had to quit Destiny 2 cause they could hardly ever play due to internet issues, and think Godfall will be the same.

I was initially really excited about this game but now I'm all but certain it's going to be an absolute trainwreck. 

Comes out in a month and nobody knows anything about it, very little footage has been shown, the minor details that have leaked have all been negative.

It might eventually get patched up to be a solid product but this game is going to have a Destiny 1 / No Mans Sky / Fallout 76 type of launch.

• Guillotine 1