Godfall (PS5/PC) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Pikachu

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Why did you preorder these games if you don't even have the system yet? Did you get a deal or something for preordering?

Because I plan on getting a PS5? It doesn't matter if I don't get it on launch or by the end of the year. I'll get one eventually.

13 minutes ago, nublood said:

Because I plan on getting a PS5? It doesn't matter if I don't get it on launch or by the end of the year. I'll get one eventually.

But you can get those games digitally on day one. Outside of deals, the only other reason to pre-order games is because you're worried they would be sold out? It wasn't meant as an attack, I was legit curious. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

But you can get those games digitally on day one. Outside of deals, the only other reason to pre-order games is because you're worried they would be sold out? It wasn't meant as an attack, I was legit curious. 

No problem. I guess with PS5 pre-orders being nearly impossible to find, I figured games might be soon to follow. I had actually went to Gamestop to pre-order but I was 8th in line of 6 available pre-orders so I missed out. I figured I might as well pre-order something so I didn't completely waste my time. But if Godfall doesn't work out or I don't like it or whatever, I'll probably just gift it to someone. lol

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I've been waiting for an article like this.  I love looters, so really interested in the Loot systems and Progression in the game.  I'm not really all that interested in it right now, but this could change that.

I've been waiting to hear about these types of details also. There's no chance I pick it up on PS5 with the price hike + PSN requirement, I may grab it on PC but the sparse details had killed any little bit of hype I may have had for it, this could change that.

• Guillotine 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

This game gives me such Too Human vibes that I can’t not get it. It’ll probably review in the 7’s. It’ll get the typical “It’s not AAA so it suuuucks” response from the internet. But I’ll end up loving it and putting in 100 hours. 

It's ALREADY getting that... see the posts in this thread.

• Like 1

• Guillotine 1

35 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:
gQE0MfFOUn1aADKuJr92X3Uda73aJg6GnsyYw3Dc
OPENCRITIC.COM

Godfall is rated 'Weak' after being reviewed by 9 critics, with an overall average score of 61. It's ranked in the bottom 18% of games and recommended by 17% of critics.

Not looking too good.

You didn't actually READ any of those reviews did you?

IGN

Unscored
Tom Marks

I’m enjoying Godfall, even if it’s not doing much to wow me and the repetition of its missions is wearing a bit thin. It’s got some fun and satisfying combat, a few genuinely novel mechanics, and graphics that range from absolutely gorgeous to a little over the top – but unless its thin story morphs into more than an excuse to go stab stuff, the grindable action-looter structure doesn't seem like it has enough variety to sustain its otherwise expansive customization.

An enjoyable hack and slash looter that plays well despite a sparse, repeating structure

Read full review

Five hours with the looter-slasher from Counterplay Games shows that the game has potential.

Read full review

Developer Counterplay Games promises a full loot-based campaign as well as a series of endgame battles, which has me excited to get to the end of Godfall. Again, the jury is out on whether or not this is worthy of the full $70 next-gen price tag, but for now, color me surprised.

Read full review

That's four out of the now TEN listed in your link... far from "Weak" and about on par with what @Mercury33 guessed it would be. This is exhibit "A" on why videogame critique is broken.

45 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

UkdDon’t worry Merc will tell us how we are all fucking babies and he is enjoying the game so suck his dick

Waiting GIF

This post kinda proves my point though so...

And did you read the reviews? They’re exactly what I said they’d be. I didn’t say it was a masterpiece that only I would recognize. I said it would be a pretty fun game that will get shredded more than it deserves just because it’s an OK game and not a genre redefining masterpiece. Too Human was exactly that way. Anthem was that way. I loved both 🤷🏻‍♂️

26 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

This post kinda proves my point though so...

And did you read the reviews? They’re exactly what I said they’d be. I didn’t say it was a masterpiece that only I would recognize. I said it would be a pretty fun game that will get shredded more than it deserves just because it’s an OK game and not a genre redefining masterpiece. Too Human was exactly that way. Anthem was that way. I loved both 🤷🏻‍♂️

My point is to poke fun at your schtick. 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:12 PM, nublood said:

No problem. I guess with PS5 pre-orders being nearly impossible to find, I figured games might be soon to follow. I had actually went to Gamestop to pre-order but I was 8th in line of 6 available pre-orders so I missed out. I figured I might as well pre-order something so I didn't completely waste my time. But if Godfall doesn't work out or I don't like it or whatever, I'll probably just gift it to someone. lol

Dude, theres no way a game like godfall will ever be sold out. First it won’t be that popular. Second, most who buy it will do so digitally.

So you’re paying 60+$ for a game that will probably be down to 30-40 in couple of months If you don’t get a ps5 by the end of 2020. 

• Guillotine 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You didn't actually READ any of those reviews did you?

That's four out of the now TEN listed in your link... far from "Weak" and about on par with what @Mercury33 guessed it would be. This is exhibit "A" on why videogame critique is broken.

Open Critic applied the label "Weak" to it given the reviews scores so far.  Which sounds like at least 3 of the 10 reviews agree with (Digital Trends, EGM, The Gamer), calling it launch fluff not worth the money.

I'd be more inclined to call it "polarizing" based on what I read.  Which isn't typically good thing.  Doesn't mean that the naysayers are right, but mileage may vary.

51 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Open Critic applied the label "Weak" to it given the reviews scores so far.  Which sounds like at least 3 of the 10 reviews agree with (Digital Trends, EGM, The Gamer), calling it launch fluff not worth the money.

I'd be more inclined to call it "polarizing" based on what I read.  Which isn't typically good thing.  Doesn't mean that the naysayers are right, but mileage may vary.

As someone who is still hoping to get a Ryse 2. I shall still be buying this game 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1