Anyone seen any good Black Friday deals on gaming chairs?

KupoBitches

40 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Are you talking about the racer-type of gaming chair? Can't speak from experience, but a lot of people say just to get a nice office chair. I have seen many people complain about the armrests. Something like they are too thin and too hard. 

This

Gamer chairs are $50 chairs with $250 idiot tax . Buy a nice office chair instead.

7 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Get whatever makes you feel comfortable and suits your personal aesthetic.

1)  A good office chair is not $50

2)  If you're looking for a budget chair, there are gaming chairs in a similar price range to office chairs.

3)  Not all gaming chairs are over the top

This is true. I got mine at a yard sale for $2. Guy didn't think it was worth anything because the seat had a tear in it. It was the best deal I've seen since the recliner I got from the dumpster in college.

@KupoBitches @skillzdadirecta @cusideabelincoln @Rodimus

Don't hesitate to look into refurbished high-end office chairs like Aerons by Herman Miller.  They're not "cheap" but not nearly as expensive as buying them new and they are vastly better than gaming chairs or cheap-ass office chairs from Staples/Office Depot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Don't hesitate to look into refurbished high-end office chairs like Aerons by Herman Miller.  They're not "cheap" but not nearly as expensive as buying them new and they are vastly better than gaming chairs or cheap-ass office chairs from Staples/Office Depot.

Yeah I love Aerons... you can tell the quality of an edit suite by the chairs they have. Aerons are a staple.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeew, those chairs are a little out of my budget right now.  I'll definitely consider them the next time, but I just found a good enough chair on clearance at Staples.  Can't beat getting a $268 chair for $62... right?  And the luck of it all was I sat in every single chair they had available and this one ended up being the perfect size for me.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, SFLUFAN said:

I have an Aeron at work and I'd definitely buy a refurbished one for home if the headrest attachment weren't sold separately (the refurb is already stretching the budget and adding the headrest attachment just pushes it past what I'm willing to spend). I spend too much time leaning back in my chair to buy one that can't support my head.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have an Aeron at work and I'd definitely buy a refurbished one for home if the headrest attachment weren't sold separately (the refurb is already stretching the budget and adding the headrest attachment just pushes it past what I'm willing to spend). I spend too much time leaning back in my chair to buy one that can't support my head.

Never skip neck day.