Overwatch 2 OT - Begin Your Watch

The def star

On 11/1/2019 at 11:28 PM, Xbob42 said:

This leak from a while back is proved true bit by bit...

4g0wrtquqw631.png

I'm not sure what to make of all of this. On one hand, the announcements give it a lot of credence. On the other, if the games they ultimately release are good then we're kind of in a tough spot as consumers. If the games are good, and we want to play them and we buy them we're just encouraging this. Obviously this sounds like it's not a good place to work, but no one is making people stay at their current employers (While not a game dev specifically, I'm close enough to it to know there are TONS of opportunities).

It's also interesting how much this parallels with EA and Bioware after ME:A and Anthem. Even Ubi to a certain extent. Suits are trying to push for annual cookie cutter "living game" releases and gamers are (finally) stopping from buying them. That'll get the investors to (hopefully) realize that they need to listen to the developers (who are much more close to the actual customers).

On 11/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, Brick said:

I was always slightly disappointed that there was no story mode in the first to get to know these characters better. 

THIS.   Blizzard has to know there's demand for it and how perfect it is for the world and characters they've made. There should be some backlash if they don't, even if it's only like 5 hours or something.  

On 11/1/2019 at 10:28 PM, Xbob42 said:

This leak from a while back is proved true bit by bit...

4g0wrtquqw631.png

5 hours ago, Dexterryu said:

I'm not sure what to make of all of this. On one hand, the announcements give it a lot of credence. On the other, if the games they ultimately release are good then we're kind of in a tough spot as consumers. If the games are good, and we want to play them and we buy them we're just encouraging this. Obviously this sounds like it's not a good place to work, but no one is making people stay at their current employers (While not a game dev specifically, I'm close enough to it to know there are TONS of opportunities).

It's also interesting how much this parallels with EA and Bioware after ME:A and Anthem. Even Ubi to a certain extent. Suits are trying to push for annual cookie cutter "living game" releases and gamers are (finally) stopping from buying them. That'll get the investors to (hopefully) realize that they need to listen to the developers (who are much more close to the actual customers).

Not that anyone should be caping too much for Blizzard, but disgruntled employee sounds disgruntled.  They were wrong completely about Diablo 4 being a destiny clone.  Shockingly, a 4chan post should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

3 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

THIS.   Blizzard has to know there's demand for it and how perfect it is for the world and characters they've made. There should be some backlash if they don't, even if it's only like 5 hours or something. 

Except they haven't really created any type of compelling story for their characters. All they can do now is ruin it

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/02/overwatch-2-focuses-on-the-story-but-doesnt-seem-to-correct-any-of-its-issues/

5 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

Not that anyone should be caping too much for Blizzard, but disgruntled employee sounds disgruntled.  They were wrong completely about Diablo 4 being a destiny clone.  Shockingly, a 4chan post should be taken with a massive grain of salt.

But nearly everything else was very specifically accurate. And from what I can see all Blizzard employees are disgruntled. Also when did we take disgruntled to have anything to do with whether facts are true or not? I feel like we just toss that word around to discredit people despite evidence to the contrary being presented. Seems silly.

19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Except they haven't really created any type of compelling story for their characters. All they can do now is ruin it

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/02/overwatch-2-focuses-on-the-story-but-doesnt-seem-to-correct-any-of-its-issues/

Welp, not gonna defend that lol. I knew of some fuckery going on at Blizzard but not to what extent it was happening in their games (haven't played Overwatch in a few years). 

18 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

But nearly everything else was very specifically accurate. And from what I can see all Blizzard employees are disgruntled. Also when did we take disgruntled to have anything to do with whether facts are true or not? I feel like we just toss that word around to discredit people despite evidence to the contrary being presented. Seems silly.

After spending 20 minutes googling news on Blizzard it seems there's much more going down there than I knew about, so won't say much else until I know more.  That said, regardless of how truthful or not that anon leak was, its still never a bad thing to take any info regarding 4chan and/or disgruntled employees with a massive grain of salt.  Don't get grifted, xbob.

2 minutes ago, fuckle85 said:

After spending 20 minutes googling news on Blizzard it seems there's much more going down there than I knew about, so won't say much else until I know more.  That said, regardless of how truthful or not that anon leak was, its still never a bad thing to take any info regarding 4chan and/or disgruntled employees with a massive grain of salt.  Don't get grifted, xbob.

I only care about the accuracy of the information, not the source. If it's accurate, it's accurate. And this information has been either extremely accurate to where it would be damn near impossible to guess one thing, let alone multiple, or completely inaccurate in a way that suggests the author knowingly included false information to make it seem less realistic or throw people who might hunt this leaker down off his trail. It's just too specific to be some bullshit some dude made up.

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

What? Maybe I'm not well versed in everything announced at BlizzCon, but there are only like three known things in that post, and they are all things which a reasonable person could guess would happen (what OW2 PvE will be like, the WoW level cap, etc.)

• Pikachu changed the title to Overwatch OT (Update: Tracer Comic Challenge Sept. 15 to 28)
  • Pikachu changed the title to Overwatch OT (Update: Halloween Terror 2020 October 13 to November 3)
  • 6 months later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Overwatch 1 and 2 OT - Begin Your Watch (Update: Overwatch 2 footage next week!)
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...