Overwatch 2 OT - Begin Your Watch

The def star

I played 10 or so matches today. Everything finally seems stable and all of my unlocks are there.  Just not sure how I feel about it though:( I have 390 hours in Overwatch.  It's taking me a while to get used to this. Feels like you die so much faster.  Like if you are under 100 health your could be dead any second. My timing with Mei feels way off.  I used to be able to pop her heal at just the right moment as my health was dropping.  Now I find myself dead before I even get a chance to hit the button.  Faster paced, faster time to kill, not sure if I like it yet.

Played several matches today. It's fun, just like the first game was, which is expected since this basically is just the first game with tweaks. For whatever reason I never put too many hours into the first one. Maybe I'll put more into this if I can get friends to play with. Sojourn is cool, as is the Toronto map.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:33 AM, SimpleG said:

Jumped in a few games tonight, good to see nothing changes. Most players are just terrible at squad based shooters. Run 1 at time at the other team, get angry they get killed and quit mid match never gets old.

Yeah. I have four friends I've been playing with, and the competition has been terrible. They either, as you said, attack one at a time, or they bunch up somewhere and let me lob Pharahs rockets at them.  Also, people need to learn to kill the healer. Working together we pretty much walk through most maps. I shouldn't be getting 10+ kill streaks every game. 

Competitive is a bit better.

I was dating a girl back in 2019 or so who was absolutely OBSESSED with Overwatch. She'd make me play it every time I'd come over and I just never liked it lol.

It actually effected the relationship and I swear me not liking the game was one of the main reasons we broke up. I'm not kidding in the slightest.

So I have bad memories of this game and won't touch part 2. 😆 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, SimpleG said:

Jumped in a few games tonight, good to see nothing changes. Most players are just terrible at squad based shooters. Run 1 at time at the other team, get angry they get killed and quit mid match never gets old.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Yeah. I have four friends I've been playing with, and the competition has been terrible. They either, as you said, attack one at a time, or they bunch up somewhere and let me lob Pharahs rockets at them.  Also, people need to learn to kill the healer. Working together we pretty much walk through most maps. I shouldn't be getting 10+ kill streaks every game. 

Maybe they're just bots just grinding for the battle pass.

6 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I tried a few rounds of competitive, the play is just as bad but the players are worse because they think they are better then they are. No peels for support,  players dive with no heads up and then scream they died alone.

How do you all feel about that push mode with the robot running back and forth?  Can't tell if I'm a fan.  I almost find it too stress inducing when you fight the enemy team off, then it has to run all the way back which can be a long distance before it starts pushing again.  Then you all die and it runs all the way back again.  One game I swear I had a whole team of noobs because I was the only one pushing the damn thing.  I'm spamming group up as they all hung back I guess waiting for the robot to run back to them with the enemy.  

Still not sure how I feel about the game overall.  They changed a lot of little things. I noticed Lucio doesn't knock people back as far with his sound wave anymore.  I mentioned my issue with Mei earlier. None of it is game breaking for me one by one, it just feels weird to be playing the same game on the same levels and having to relearn a bunch of shit.  Mix that with the influx of new players it makes it feel not as fun at times.  Might need to let the dust settle for a month and see if it feels better then.

I honestly think the audio rework and visual style is a downgrade from the first game. The audio sounds like shit to me. A few sound effects do seem better and have more punch, but the most other effects sound tinny. Some weapons sound like plastic nerf guns to me, and they added an overall reverb\echo that ruins some of the distinctness abilities had in the first game. 

Visually there are just some pointless changes like the time of day of some maps. They had a map called Night Market in OW1 but they changed it to daylight lighting and then had to change the name of the map. Like why even do that? And I'm not a fan of the added bloom from the new lighting system which washes out any individual style maps had from one another.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:12 AM, cusideabelincoln said:

I honestly think the audio rework and visual style is a downgrade from the first game. The audio sounds like shit to me. A few sound effects do seem better and have more punch, but the most other effects sound tinny. Some weapons sound like plastic nerf guns to me, and they added an overall reverb\echo that ruins some of the distinctness abilities had in the first game. 

Visually there are just some pointless changes like the time of day of some maps. They had a map called Night Market in OW1 but they changed it to daylight lighting and then had to change the name of the map. Like why even do that? And I'm not a fan of the added bloom from the new lighting system which washes out any individual style maps had from one another.

I've been floating around different games lately, but I believe it was Overwatch 2 that I thought sounded kind of odd at times. I think I went to the audio settings and it was set to Home Theater.  Switched it to headphones and I think it sounded a little better.

22 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I've been floating around different games lately, but I believe it was Overwatch 2 that I thought sounded kind of odd at times. I think I went to the audio settings and it was set to Home Theater.  Switched it to headphones and I think it sounded a little better.

Hmm, I did have mine set to headphones before and after the update, and then I switched it to studio reference and still wasn't happy. I just now decided to test all of them, and Night Mode sounds the best and has the most punch.  But I noticed some of the drastically changed sound effects when watching the pre-release trailers and streamers playing the beta. A lot of them kept saying how much better the sound effects were, but I really can't hear it even after playing the game for myself. The characters that sound like a significant "downgrade" are Roadhog and Pharah, followed by Soldier, Sombra, Ana, Ashe, Reaper, Torb's right click. Some of the other characters have slightly different sound effects that I wouldn't say sounds worse or better, just different, and the rest have little difference from the first game.

But whatever they did to Pharah's rockets is just bad. Sounds like she's shooting air pellets, the explosion and propulsion have no weight which boggles my mind because Junkrat's explosions sound fine.

Every map, no matter the location, also sounds like you're shooting in an empty rocky canyon. So much echo.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...