Multiple Gunshot Victims near Odessa, Texas

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was out all day with three different groups of people. I looked at my phone, saw this news, then I :|'d 

It was my wife's birthday yesterday so I didn't pay much attention to the news.  We went out to a comedy club last night.  Ironically enough one of the acts brought up mass shootings, but he didn't mention this latest one.  I couldn't do the joke justice, but it was pretty topical, funny, and sad all at the same time.

Just now, mclumber1 said:

It was my wife's birthday yesterday so I didn't pay much attention to the news.  We went out to a comedy club last night.  Ironically enough one of the acts brought up mass shootings, but he didn't mention this latest one.  I couldn't do the joke justice, but it was pretty topical, funny, and sad all at the same time.

Yeah, it was like, we're busy, we're busy, wtf a shooting?

Somehow I think me going :| did more than Matt's prayers.

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm in South Carolina visiting my sick Grandmother and went to the Walmart today to fill her prescription.  There was a dude standing on line in front of me and he had an NRA T-shirt on that had a target with a bunch of closely spaced bullet holes in the bullseye. The shirt read "This is my idea of group therapy" :|

The fact that he thought this was clever and not desperately ignorant and pathetic saddened me. I'm DEEP in Trump country down here...

South Carolina is a whole 'nother kind of stupid. I was in Myrtle Beach last week and even the touristy tshirts shops on the beach are overrun with pro gun, pro Trump t-shirts and memorabilia.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

South Carolina is a whole 'nother kind of stupid. I was in Myrtle Beach last week and even the touristy tshirts shops on the beach are overrun with pro gun, pro Trump t-shirts and memorabilia.

My aunt just shocked us at the table when she told us that South Carolina doesn't have vehicle inspections... you can drive anything out here apparently.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

My aunt just shocked us at the table when she told us that South Carolina doesn't have vehicle inspections... you can drive anything out here apparently.

Leaving Virginia, there's always an insane amount of cars that should never, ever be on the road. Ohio and west Virginia are the same way. It's just stupid the risks that people take with their cars.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

South Carolina (at least when I lived there) you could pay an upfront fine when you registered your car so you didn't have to get insurance.  

Most of the states I've lived in, aside from New York, have not done safety inspections on vehicles.  They may do a VIN inspection when you first register your car, but after that, you just have to pay the registration fee when it's time every year. 

Well considering that I've only ever lived in New Jersey,  New York and California, the concept of not having to show that your vehicle is functioning properly and is capable of being operated safely on public roads is not only foriegn to me it's asinine. I say that as I type this post under a smiling portrait of our fearless orange leader at the airport.  I'm still amazed that more Trump supporters in the South don't see the irony in them letting themselves be totally duped by a Yankee Con artist.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well considering that I've only ever lived in New Jersey,  New York and California, the concept of not having to show that your vehicle is functioning properly and is capable of being operated safely on public roads is not only foriegn to me it's asinine. I say that as I type this post under a smiling portrait of our fearless orange leader at the airport.  I'm still amazed that more Trump supporters in the South don't see the irony in them letting themselves be totally duped by a Yankee Con artist.

Are you sure about California?  I remember having to do smog inspections, but I don't ever remember having to do safety inspections for any of my vehicles.  FWIW, I've lived in WA, SC, CA, NY, AZ, OR, and most recently NV.  The only state that I had to do safety inspection in was NY.  Ironically I failed a safety inspection there because they couldn't remove my wheels to inspect the brakes because I didn't own the special lug nut key thing.

6 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Look at this asshole. Republicans are doing their damndest to make America worse.

People like him, I want him held down and forced to watch as his family callously executed with guns while crying and begging him to do something. And then shot in spine so he’s paralyzed for the rest of his life, likely needing multiple costly and painful surgeries just to live. 

Fuck him and everyone like him. 

22 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Are you sure about California?  I remember having to do smog inspections, but I don't ever remember having to do safety inspections for any of my vehicles.  FWIW, I've lived in WA, SC, CA, NY, AZ, OR, and most recently NV.  The only state that I had to do safety inspection in was NY.  Ironically I failed a safety inspection there because they couldn't remove my wheels to inspect the brakes because I didn't own the special lug nut key thing.

I was referring to the smog check in California.

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

People like him, I want him held down and forced to watch as his family callously executed with guns while crying and begging him to do something. And then shot in spine so he’s paralyzed for the rest of his life, likely needing multiple costly and painful surgeries just to live. 

What exactly is his issue with Universal Background checks or Red Flag laws? What problem could he possibly have with those?!

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I just want to point out your post is dangerously close to being one that would get you "red flagged" in some states.  Whether you actually own guns or not would be irrelevant.  A judge could order the police to your house and have them search it.  

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I just want to point out your post is dangerously close to being one that would get you "red flagged" in some states.  Whether you actually own guns or not would be irrelevant.  A judge could order the police to your house and have them search it.  

I live in Texas. This fuck would have to vote to pass the law first. The irony makes me laugh. 

23 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I guess my question is, would you be fine with the police coming to your house and searching for weapons, after making such a statement on D1P?  

I wouldn’t be to pleased with it, but if they feel I am a credible public threat, not just to this fuck, but people in and around my community, my comfort level shouldn’t be a consideration. 

It would be a waste of their time, since I’ve never owned a gun, and never want to. But they also would never be able to know that since there isn’t a national database cataloging each and every fire arm purchase. For all they knew I could have an arsenal and their attempt to serve a search warrant would be like that shooting in Pennsylvania. 

They don't know, and they should. And maybe I shouldn’t be able to buy a gun, because maybe I’m too close to the edge of wanting to shoot people I HATE outweighing my wanting to live to see the following day. 

Living in a civilized society requires sacrifice. We can’t always do what ever the fuck we want. For Republicans “being alive” is the sacrifice we all should be willing to make just so they can own guns. Fuck them. 

56 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Buyback is just a nice way of saying confiscation.  Let the politicians who support this strategy call it what it is, and those support numbers will drop.

Last I checked to confiscate something is to take it without consent or compensation... so, buybacks and confiscations are NOT the same thing.  Conflating the two things is not helpful .

44 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Last I checked to confiscate something is to take it without consent or compensation... so, buybacks and confiscations are NOT the same thing.  Conflating the two things is not helpful .

It's not helpful but he's gonna do it anyway.

Confiscation is not permitted by the 5th amendment. Buybacks, even forced buybacks, would be permitted. Just like with any other property.