Multiple Gunshot Victims near Odessa, Texas

Well, whatever the answer is, let's not try hard to reach it! Remember,  as a nation, we believe in hard work and "American Exceptionalism", but if we can't solve a problem with just one or two steps, or a catchy phrase, then we should just give up! That's how we got to the moon after all! :flag:

22 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Well, whatever the answer is, let's not try hard to reach it! Remember,  as a nation, we believe in hard work and "American Exceptionalism", but if we can't solve a problem with just one or two steps, or a catchy phrase, then we should just give up! That's how we got to the moon after all! :flag:

We choose to do these things not because they are easy, nor because they are hard, but because they don't require me to lift a finger or have empathy for anybody else.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

You certainly could be arrested for it if the police don’t know the law, but you can’t be prosecuted for it. 

As a slight aside, we’ve had fire alarms go off at the theater (stupid vaping kids) and we still had to walk into each auditorium to ask people to step outside until the fire department gave the all clear :lol:

Can you be prosecuted for simply yelling "fire" in a theater? Probably not... can you be prosecuted for disturbing the peace,  inciting a riot, reckless endangerment,  making terroristic threats and a bunch of other shit that I just didn't think of off the top of my head? Fuck yeah. The police have wide discretion in charging folks andif they show up on your court date after they arrest you, you're GETTING a charge. Probably overcharged with the goal of you pleading out to something lesser,  but you're gonna get charged if it comes to that. It's really up to that officer and what kind of day he's having when he responds to the call... and whether or not he met is arrest quote and if he wants a day off in court. At the end of the day, showing him that article that was posted and gonna do you a lick of good.

In other, more realistic news, Walmart is ending handgun and assault style ammo sales and banning open carry in their stores. That's actually pretty remarkable, considering how much of that market they have.

I typically buy my handgun ammo from Walmart, but it's probably been a year or more since I bought any since I haven't been shooting my pistols in quite some time and still have a little stockpile at home.

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can you be prosecuted for simply yelling "fire" in a theater? Probably not... can you be prosecuted for disturbing the peace,  inciting a riot, reckless endangerment,  making terroristic threats and a bunch of other shit that I just didn't think of off the top of my head? Fuck yeah. The police have wide discretion in charging folks andif they show up on your court date after they arrest you, you're GETTING a charge. Probably overcharged with the goal of you pleading out to something lesser,  but you're gonna get charged if it comes to that. It's really up to that officer and what kind of day he's having when he responds to the call... and whether or not he met is arrest quote and if he wants a day off in court. At the end of the day, showing him that article that was posted and gonna do you a lick of good.

Make sure you let the rest of the country know that supreme chancellor Skills has overridden the law.

25 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Make sure you let the rest of the country know that supreme chancellor Skills has overridden the law.

If you think this is me overriding the law because I'm simply pointing out reality then I dont know what to tell you. I look forward to the results of our little experiment.  Be sure to inform whatever cops shows up of the case law regarding yelling fire in a crowded theater.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Police charge people for all sorts of actions that aren’t actually crimes 

:shrug:

Give this man a prize. He gets it!

36 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

And regardless of what you are or are not charged with, if you're charged you don't get to claim a first amendment protection.

Why wouldn’t you? It’s one of the purposes of pre-trial motions!

2 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

It's semantics to argue over a differences between being able to "claim" a defense when it's not at all unclear as to what I meant.

I legitimately have no idea what you mean in this line of discussion. 

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Well yeah, because brown people are the real cause of mass shootings, because white people are so mad about brown people they have no choice but to shoot children and shopping centers. The only thing we can do is do everything to ban brown people from this country. 

I get the point you’re making but maybe don’t leave out the Pulse shooting in favor of making a generalization.

I grew up in the gun culture and went to several gun shows as a child. I knew people that had been waiting their entire life for the government to make their move on the people. Their first move is to take the guns. Gun shows would sell large pipes that people could bury their guns in that are supposed to make metal detection more difficult because of the material the pipe was made of. These people are extremely motivated and even seem to want for the day to come where gun buybacks become mandatory. They are ready to bury their weapons. They intend to resist with force if necessary because they have it in their heads that any government that would want to seize their firearms is an authoritarian regime. 

I don't know what to do with these people, but as more time passes and I have to read about these awful occurrences, the less I care about their distorted beliefs and what they would do if the government started clamping down with registrations, licenses, buybacks, etc.

6 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I grew up in the gun culture and went to several gun shows as a child. I knew people that had been waiting their entire life for the government to make their move on the people. Their first move is to take the guns. Gun shows would sell large pipes that people could bury that is supposed to make metal detection more difficult because of the material the pipe was made of. These people are extremely motivated and even seem to want for the day to come where gun buybacks become mandatory. They are ready to bury their weapons. They intend to resist with force if necessary because they have it in their heads that any government that would want to seize their firearms is an authoritarian regime. 

I don't know what to do with these people, but as more time passes and I have to read about these awful occurrences, the less I care about their distorted beliefs and what they would do if the government started clamping down with registrations, licenses, buybacks, etc.

I feel like those types will shoot at federal agents coming to take their guns but will otherwise just leave the guns buried, though. So :shrug: that it would be hard to take their guns away.

10 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I grew up in the gun culture and went to several gun shows as a child. I knew people that had been waiting their entire life for the government to make their move on the people. Their first move is to take the guns. Gun shows would sell large pipes that people could bury that is supposed to make metal detection more difficult because of the material the pipe was made of. These people are extremely motivated and even seem to want for the day to come where gun buybacks become mandatory. They are ready to bury their weapons. They intend to resist with force if necessary because they have it in their heads that any government that would want to seize their firearms is an authoritarian regime. 

I will bet you FOLDING MONEY that while some of those whackos would fight the government, the VAST majority will surrender than France to the Germans if a bunch of National Guard soldiers show up. All bark and no fucking bite. I've had more guns shoved in my face than any law abiding citizen should and I've never felt the need to own a gun for my personal protection. Now if and when I have a family, I can see thinking differently. But I've always looked at guys who needed guns to feel safe as being... well not to tough :shrug: