What beer or liquor have you drank recently

Remarkableriots

7 hours ago, Chris- said:

It’s amazing to think of how far the beer industry has come in the last 10 years, I remember back in the day @Jason acting like Arrogant Bastard Ale was this super complex, master crafted beer, and now if you hyped it up that much nerds on Untappd would be like, ‘You must live in the boonies with no good breweries around’ 

It's amazing how much the baseline availability has come up, now you can get Lagunitas in CVS, even grocery stores with crappy selections will probably have something decent enough (like Sierra Nevada)...you used to have to really know which stores randomly happened to carry what if you didn't have a solid craft beer store around and would get stuck with mostly just the Bud/Miller/Coors/Guinness/Newcastle kind of selection otherwise. Like I remember in college there was a specific grocery store you had to hit up if you wanted Ommegang.

It's also amazing how much easier it is to get fresh IPA than it was back when Stone started by the Enjoy By series.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why did you go from Jose to Joe doe.

Jose is my legal name, but I hate how ethnic it makes me seem to people that do not know me. Almost everyone irl calls me Joe, not Jose. I was joe on IGN, but went with Jose initially here because xif's crazy ass chose joe. He's gone now, so I have made my return!

45 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

You guys love pumpkin beer too???? :hug:

they don’t sell it in my country til October :(

I live for good Pumpkin beer. It’s almost that time of year, too! Wisconsin’s Whole Hog Pumpkin is still, hands down, the best pumpkin beer I’ve ever had. 

13 hours ago, Emblazon said:

I live for good Pumpkin beer. It’s almost that time of year, too! Wisconsin’s Whole Hog Pumpkin is still, hands down, the best pumpkin beer I’ve ever had. 

Ohhhh, I’ll have to remember that for 2022 when I can finally visit!  We’ve got a couple decent local brews.  I like the less pie like ones that are more muted but who am I kidding, I love them all!  I hold them wholly responsible for the weight gain I get in the fall

On 7/20/2020 at 9:13 PM, BlueAngel said:

20200720-211222.jpg

It's hot as balls Corona is refreshing right now.

Did you ever have Corona Familiar? I kept seeing it in stores but hadn't tried it. Searching online didn't give the clearest answer what it was and I found conflicting info on some beer forums with people saying different things. The general consensus I found was that it's like Extra but has just a little bit of a bolder/stronger taste. Maybe a tiny bit more alcohol.

Anyways I picked up a 12 pack and love it. Like you said, it could be the heat outside but they go down pretty smooth. 

35 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Dogfish Head still good tho.

It is, and I love what they've been doing with stuff like Sea Quench and Slightly Mighty, but even their new/experimental releases don't get the new hotness buzz like they used to.

Plus I've been drinking a lot less beer so if my options are a DFH I've had a ton of times and a new fresh IPA, why am I going with the DFH?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while since I sat down with a German beer but I want some single bottles instead of a six pack and that's what the liquor store had that looked like the best option without spending a ton of money and I think I'm back on the German beer train. I like IPAs but I don't know if it's the high ABV or the high hops content but lately I just don't feel awesome after having a couple. I'm kind of leaning toward the hops because I can have a couple of whiskeys and be okay and I know you can buy sleep aids based on hops, so I think it might literally be just be the high hops content making me sleepy.

Just now, Emblazon said:

I’m currently limiting myself to only Blue Moon Light Sky. It’s the only light beer I’ve ever had that actually tastes like beer. 

Bro. 

Get some Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty. The Heineken alcohol free is also actually surprisingly good, try to get it in the cans instead of the bottles if possible. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bro. 

Get some Dogfish Head Slightly Mighty. The Heineken alcohol free is also actually surprisingly good, try to get it in the cans instead of the bottles if possible. 

Still need the alcohol. No decaf for me. What’s the calorie count for the Dogfish Head? Also, one of my favorite beer types is a citrus wheat, so that’s one of the reasons I’m drawn to the Blue Moon. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Still need the alcohol. No decaf for me. What’s the calorie count for the Dogfish Head? Also, one of my favorite beer types is a citrus wheat, so that’s one of the reasons I’m drawn to the Blue Moon. 

Slightly Mighty is 95 Calories per can. 

• Thanks 1