Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

On another note, I defeated the boss of volcano manor. But locked myself out of completing two quests in the process. 

also, I’ve now finally made it past the capitol. Yay!! 

I think I’m kitted up in a way that bosses are some of the easiest things I can do in the game at the moment. To the point I’m actually relieved when I see a boss room/fog wall now. 

• Halal 1

Well I made my way through the first part of the Haligtree (the boss was a joke) and got to the Haligtree proper, which looks like Rivendell. 

Confession time!!!

I used the shortcut that gets you right to the checkpoint before the boss. You know who! 

so I decided, let me see what the fuss is all about. I watch the cutscene and as it ended, she instantly started attacking. I wasnt ready so I instantly died. I respawn in and get myself setup properly and absolutely destroyed her. Quite possibly one of the easier bosses ive tried recently. Rivers of Blood in certain instances like this really feels like cheating.

for instance 

Spoiler

Mong and maliketh were way harder for me  

And I absolutely cannot beat

Spoiler

Placidusax

so far….he is by far the hardest boss for me. I must be doing something wrong bc I get him down to around 1/3 and he just seems to one shot me. 

And the credits roll!  97hrs. Level 160. 

went back and cleaned up the Haligtree. then breezed through the two bosses before the final boss, which gave me a hard time. Took like 10-15 attempts. 

im standing on Placidusax being the hardest boss in the game. Im gonna hafta try again before I put the game down. 

Right now I’m in a bit of a break. At right around level 100 and 75 hours in. I’m finishing up Atlus Plateau and the Capitol is next.

trying to decide if I want to come back to this and make it my game of the summer. Or take an extended break, play Horizon over the summer and come back to this in the fall. 

• Halal 1

47 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Right now I’m in a bit of a break. At right around level 100 and 75 hours in. I’m finishing up Atlus Plateau and the Capitol is next.

trying to decide if I want to come back to this and make it my game of the summer. Or take an extended break, play Horizon over the summer and come back to this in the fall. 

That's where I am as well. I took a break too. Close to the end of the game but no desire to really finish it. I enjoyed the game but it's nowhere near my favorite From Souls game. Once I finsih it, I'll give my full thoughts on it but right now I'd rank it somewhere near the middle of From Souls games for me. Sekiro, Bloodborne and the original Dark Souls are all above it. Dark Souls 3 might be as well, but I haven't finsihed that yet. Elden Ring REALLY wore out its welcome with me after 120 plus hours.

• 2 weeks later...

After I finished I went back and killed Placidusax, Fortisaxx and Dragonkin soldier of nokstella. 3 achievement bosses, 2 I missed during my playthrough. Also did a few more dungeons, but I dont have it in me for a 2nd playthrough (i never play a game more than once).  

I then watched 2-3hrs of lore videos on YT. In hindsight my biggest regret was not paying more attention to the notes on the items. So much of the lore and story is told there and I completely missed it. 

DLC cant come soon enough bc I can stop thinking, reading and watching videos on this game. 

Finally got all the achievements and yeah it’s break time for me, even though I got like 3 more characters I want to make. Game is just too damn big and I’ve played almost nothing else since it came out. I agree that Placidusax is the hardest boss in the game. Malenia was getting staggered with every hit of the great sword so only took a couple tries to get her down as I could just wail on her.

• Halal 1

On 6/5/2022 at 11:04 PM, Dodger said:

Finally got all the achievements and yeah it’s break time for me, even though I got like 3 more characters I want to make. Game is just too damn big and I’ve played almost nothing else since it came out. I agree that Placidusax is the hardest boss in the game. Malenia was getting staggered with every hit of the great sword so only took a couple tries to get her down as I could just wail on her.

Yeah, I finished it and put it down as well. I want to wait until DLC comes before I play through again.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: Future Press announces Elden Ring Books of Knowledge, Volumes I (Late Summer 2022) and II (Late Autumn 2022)

Why would you by a guide after the game has been out this long? Not like you need it or will even read it. Seems like a silly collectors piece of no real value.

On top of that, it isn't complete and can't ever be in this world of game changing updates and DLC. We all know ER is gonna have some massive DLC. 

ER-patchnotes-105.jpg
EN.BANDAINAMCOENT.EU

ELDEN RING Notice of Update Distribution – Version 1.05   We are distributing an update to improve the stability of gameplay and to adjust balance.

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update

Additional elements

• In transactions with the NPC "Twin Maiden Husk", the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play.
  • Bone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing/Medicine Peddler's Bell Bearing/Gravity Stone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Smithing-Stone Miner's Bell Bearing/Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing/Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing/Ghost-Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing
  • Added emphasis to the choice of the Sacred Flask and several other options that can be strengthened in the grace menu
  • Added sound effects when other players' summon signs appear

Bug fixes

• Fixed a bug where equipment could be changed from the equipment menu during the use of a skill under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug in the "War Cry" skill where the effect was applied to a weapon that was not the target of the skill.
  • Fixed a bug where some actions of the "Barbaric Roar", "War Cry", and "Troll's Roar" recovery time was longer than expected.
  • Fixed a bug where the effects of the "Determination" and "Royal Knight's Resolve" skill does not always wear off with certain weapons.
  • Fixed a bug in which some attacks of the "Ice Spear" skill are unguardable.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the attack power of some skills to be reduced when using the "Golden Vow" skill.
  • Fixed a bug that the light wave of the "Moonlight Greatsword" skill sometimes does not aim at the locked-on target.
  • Fixed a bug that caused damage to allies when using the "Seppuku" skill under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the increase in attack power of the "Seppuku" skill to be higher than expected for some attack motions.
  • Fixed a bug in which a status effect was applied when using the "Hoarah Loux's Earthshaker" skill.
  • Fixed a bug where the "Waves of Darkness" skill would not hit the enemy with a spinning cleave.
  • Fixed a bug that caused unintended motions to be played when switching to a different sorceries or incantations while using a sorcery or incantation.
  • Fixed a bug that the FP consumption increased when using the sorceries "Magma Shot" and "Roiling Magma" while riding a horse.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Claw Talisman” effect was not applied when jumping with the "Starscourge Greatsword" in both hands.
  • Fixed a bug that the power of two-handed attacks except jump attack of the weapon "Golem's Halberd " is different from expected.
  • Fixed a bug that when using the weapon "Pulley Crossbow" with the left hand while the right hand weapon was given an attribute by magic or item, the effect was given to the "Pulley Crossbow" as well.
  • Fixed a bug in which arrows and bolts that did not match the type of long-range weapon could be released in certain procedures.
  • Fixed a bug in which guard boost was reduced when some weapons were strengthened to the maximum.
  • Fixed a bug in which the attributes of weapons could be changed while the inventory had reached its maximum capacity and the ashes of war could not be changed.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the boss "Malenia, Goddess of Rot" to have low HP under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed enemies to be attacked from outside the fog in certain areas.
  • Fixed a bug in online multiplayer where, when a boss is defeated in the host's world as a cooperative player, the same boss may not appear in your world.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the battle with the boss "God-Devouring Serpent" from progressing under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented hostile NPCs from appearing under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the event of the NPC "Alexander, Warrior Jar" from progressing under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue where the item "Sacred Flask" is not restored after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that under certain circumstances, after defeating the boss "Starscourge Radahn", the user could not move from the map to the grace.
    * If you cannot move from the map to the grace, you can move to the grace by touching the grace "Starscourge Radahn”.

• Fixed a bug that prevented found sites of grace from registering on the map under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some graces from being able to be touched when approached under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed hostile guests to enter boss areas under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented a critical hit from behind from hitting in hostile multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that caused performance to slow down when the "Sentry's Torch" weapon was equipped under certain circumstances.
  • Improved stability of online multiplayer between PS4 and PS5
  • Improved loading times for the Xbox Series X|S version
  • Fixed a bug that the master volume setting was not reflected in some cutscenes
  • Improved stability of online multiplayer.
  • Fixed a bug that caused sounds to play differently than expected in some situations.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the player to become inoperable and die in certain locations.
  • Fixed a bug in which the drawing and hit detection were different than expected in some maps.
  • Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed players to reach unexpected locations with certain procedures.
  • Fixed some texts.
  • Several other performance improvements and bug fixes

Additions and modifications for PC version only

• Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be input in "PRESS ANY BUTTON" on the title screen.
  • Added "Return to Desktop" to the system item on the main menu for exiting the game.
  • Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
  • Fixed a bug that slowed performance when changing "Screen Mode" and "Resolution" in a special procedure.
  • Shocked 1

Spent like an hour and a half just in one concentrated area outside of the capital, not because it was hard but it was just so dense with stuff. It's right where those 3 giant stone dudes are, like two guys with a bow all that, THEN you have to fight Tree Sentinel again. But I got to the bridge and was like oh hey there is stuff down there. So then figure out how to get down there to Auriza Hero's Grave and I beat the boss there, but on the way I saw some other stuff and thought, "how do I get up there?" and then you figure out how to do it and it feels so nice.

And there's another dungeon right across the street I didn't even get to! Oh yeah and there's a Stepee down there.

Oh and per the newest patch did the "Return to Desktop" and what a wonderful feature!

• 1 month later...
ER-patchnotes-106.jpg
EN.BANDAINAMCOENT.EU

ELDEN RING Patch Note 1.06 - Discover the latest patch note of Elden Ring and the different updates.

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update

Additional elements

• Added the function to send summoning signs to summoning pools in multiple areas, including distant areas.

※When sending a co-op sign to distant areas with this function, summoning pools in “Mohgwyn Palace” will be excluded

• Added the function to invade a larger area, including distant areas
  • Added a new way to advance White Mask Varre’s questline other than participating in multiplayer invasion by defeating a new NPC

Balance Changes

• Added the following adjustments to Greatsword, Curved Greatsword and Great Hammers:
  • Reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
  • Increased the motion speed of strong attack and charge attack (mounted attacks not included)
  • Increased Guard Counter’s motion speed
  • Increased the attack speed of Great Axes and reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
  • Increased rolling distance when player has a light equip load.
  • Increased the hitbox of Cipher Pata’s weapon skill “Unblockable Blade”
  • Increased the range of Ash of War “Glintstone Pebble” and “Glintstone Dart” projectile while decreasing the damage and stagger power
  • Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War “Bloodhound Step” while adding the changes below:
    •  Reduced performance when used continuously
    •  Increased travel distance when on light equip load
  • Shortened the activation interval when using “Quick Step” skill in succession, increasing its ability to circle around the enemy when locked-on and add the changes below:
    • Reduced performance when used continuously
    • Increased travel distance when on light equip load
  • Decreased the damage and bleed build-up of weapon skill “Corpse Piler” when hit with the blood attack. When hit by the blade, the damage is only decreased slightly
  • Decreased the target tracking ability of sorcery “Stars of Ruin”

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug which caused some attacks of “Lucerne” to not pierce enemy’s guard
  • Fixed a bug which made it harder for a two-handed jump attack with “Bloodhound’s Fang” to break enemy’s stance
  • Fixed a bug which caused the effect of “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolve” to disappear after using the “Parry” skill with a dagger
  • Fixed a bug when dual wielding Axe and Greataxe which caused additional effects from Spells, Weapon Skills and Items to not be applied correctly
  • Fixed a bug when two-handing a Halberd which made it harder to withstand enemy’s attack after using guard counter
  • Fixed a bug which caused the physical attack affinity of some weapons to be different from the affinity listed in the description.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the player to become more easily noticed by the enemy when wearing “Deathbed Dress”, even when crouching
  • Fixed a bug which caused charge attack with flail to damage ally character when wearing “Deathbed Dress”
  • Fixed a bug that caused HP to regenerate when switching your equipment to certain type of armor
  • Fixed a bug where the effect added to the weapon upon using “Mists of Slumber” was lost when the player receive an attack
  • Fixed a bug which caused the playable character’s movement to become unstable upon hitting certain enemies with the skill “Ghostflame Ignition”
  • Fixed a bug which prevented player from using “The Queen’s Black Flame” skill’s follow-up attack when performing the skill with insufficient FP
  • Fixed a bug with the weapon skill “Zamor Ice Storm” which allowed player to more easily withstand enemy’s attack when using the skill with insufficient FP
  • Fixed a bug which caused the effect of spells and items added to right-hand armament to occur when using certain weapon skills with left hand.
  • Fixed a bug which caused the FP consumption description of certain weapon skills to be different from its actual FP cost
  • Fixed a bug that allows “Rock Blaster” to not consume any FP when used with a staff on the left hand and no weapon on the right hand
  • Fixed a bug which caused the charged version of “Black Flame Ritual” to consume the same amount of stamina as the normal version
  • Fixed a bug which caused the player to receive less HP recovery from incantations and items other than “Flask of Crimson Tears” when activating the effect of “Malenia’s Great Rune”
  • Fixed a bug which caused the “Opaline Hardtear” to not boost physical damage negation
  • Fixed a bug which prevented the player from jumping mid-air while riding under specific condition
  • Fixed a bug which allowed jump attack with Colossal Weapons while mounted to hit twice consecutively
  • Fixed a bug which caused some signs to appear more than once in the Summoning Pool
  • Fixed a bug which caused the effect of some weapon skill’s attack to persist under specific circumstances
  • Fixed a bug which sometimes caused significant performance issue at “Ordina, Liturgical Town” under certain circumstances
  • Fixed a bug which prevented the player from picking up dropped Runes upon death under certain circumstances
  • Fixed a bug which allowed users to reach certain inaccessible area during multiplayer
  • Fixed a bug which caused the multiplayer area to have different boundary than expected
  • Fixed a bug that causes some enemies to have incorrect visuals and behaviors.
  • Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sounds to be played under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug which caused some areas to make the player unable to move which lead to death
  • Fixed a bug that caused some places on the map to have incorrect visuals and hitboxes.
  • Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed users to reach unexpected locations using certain procedures.
  • Fixed a bug with the PC version which caused click input to occur when equipping Staves or Sacred Seals and switching Windows to active.
  • Other performance improvements and bug fixes.

Other

Added the “ERROR” text to unauthorized items

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: Patch Notes 1.06 posted
4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Ok. The dust has definitely settled now. If I'd start over, what build and stats do you recommend to me so that I can become a fuckin beast and finally beat the entire campaign?

Unless something has changed with these patches, I believe magic (INT) is the generally agreed upon way to easily power through the game. Personally, I found magic to be kinda boring, and spent most of my time with the biggest sword or hammer I could find, cranked up my strength and endurance, and bashed skulls. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Unless something has changed with these patches, I believe magic (INT) is the generally agreed upon way to easily power through the game. Personally, I found magic to be kinda boring, and spent most of my time with the biggest sword or hammer I could find, cranked up my strength and endurance, and bashed skulls. 

Interesting that you say magic because somebody recommended that build for Demon Souls. I'll research more about being the magic build and then when the time is right, I'll tackle this masterpiece again. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I might. I'd like to experience everything again though. Such an amazing game. 

I would recommend picking up where you left off, finish it, and then you have the option of NG+, which is a really fun way to run through everything again.

• Halal 1

I’m about 107 hours in, finishing a few trophies before I progress the game forward, then just have a few end game bosses and I guess you gotta game the system just a bit to get all the endings for the platinum on your first play through (just playing with a cloud save vs local save). But I’m gonna do it. 

I understand Malenia is by most accounts the hardest boss in the game, and I’ve had her close to death a few times. 

• Halal 1