Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

48 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So, I raised my int to 20 for fun, and damn, you were right about the Wing of Astel. I have it at +8, and it smacks shit.

I have INT at 38 and use the INT Up talisman for several more levels and then add that Winged Spear charm that adds damage bonus for successive attacks. That thing is good. And now try the L2 explosive attack. 

58 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I wouldn't be surprised, but unfortunately I'm too much of a noob to figure these things out.

Well if you'd really like to know this is it:

Spoiler
  1. Go to Mistwood forest until you hear howling
  2. Travel back to the first merchant you found in the game (Kale) and you can ask him about the howling. He will teach you a gesture.
  3. Go back to Mistwood (where that big bear is sleeping) and towards the back part you can see an NPC, Blaidd, high up on the ruins. Use the gesture and he will hop down and you can talk to him.
  4. Now go to the Forlorn Hound Evergaol (The South one near the bridge) and you can summon Blaidd there and he will kill the boss in like three hits.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well if you'd really like to know this is it:

Reveal hidden contents

I did steps 1-3 already but didn't know about the 4th. I figured I was supposed to do it myself.

All that complaining about that boss and I’m actually going in a couple other directions first since this seems like end gameish. I found the two pieces of map I was missing so I’m exploring those and also have a new

underside map area

so I’m checking those out though I did beat the

dragon right at the start of the next area after the fire dragon

, which was also a sponge. Didn’t want to get frustrated again so lions great bow +9 and safe cover it was for the easy victory! 

Ill probably be at least level 150 when I return so yeah probably could have saved time and just waited to beat that boss but I’m also glad it’s over lol.

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

All that complaining about that boss and I’m actually going in a couple other directions first since this seems like end gameish. I found the two pieces of map I was missing so I’m exploring those and also have a new

Hide contents

underside map area

so I’m checking those out though I did beat the

Hide contents

dragon right at the start of the next area after the fire dragon

, which was also a sponge. Didn’t want to get frustrated again so lions great bow +9 and safe cover it was for the easy victory! 

Ill probably be at least level 150 when I return so yeah probably could have saved time and just waited to beat that boss but I’m also glad it’s over lol.

That bow is so damn good.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Only range weapon I like. Definitely comes in handy, now i just need some material for some +10’s.

You should have found at least one in Leyndell by now. Just past the dragon you can climb on, up a ladder, on a body protected by a gargoyle. That's where I got my first.

You know you can buy the special Radahn arrows right? I killed the twin gargoyles with them 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

You should have found at least one in Leyndell by now. Just past the dragon you can climb on, up a ladder, on a body protected by a gargoyle. That's where I got my first.

You know you can buy the special Radahn arrows right? I killed the twin gargoyles with them 

Yep that’s how I beat that dragon! 

I carry around so much gear I never use. 

I just hit level 24 on PC with my Str/Faith build. Killed Margit, Godric, did the important limgrave bosses. Still sword and boarding since im weak as shit still. Literally just downed godric, so I need to spend my runes before I go activate Godrics runes. I don't plan on exploring everything the way I did the first time, just doing the trophy bosses, and the catacombs and things that give me important items. I have no plans on chasing down glintstone spells and int items, etc etc, that I absolutely don't need. My PS5 save is my completionist save. 

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Look at me, I’m the Elden Lord now. 

Pfft, sorry, I already claimed both Title and Waifu.

Edit: Also, I've been watching Vaati's Prepare to Cry lore videos on the DS up to what I cleared this morning. I have downloaded all of the games on my Steamdeck and started with DS1, which is shockingly easy. Anyway, watching these videos and its so hard because it had to have been captured on PS3. I don't know how we ever put up with some of those framerates. Maybe it's the capture device, but some of it seems awful.

So I FINALLY beat Margit and am now getting to explore Stormveil Castle. Is there anything left in Limgrave that I really shouldn't leave behind? I want to say I've beat a decent number of the bosses, but there were still a few aergols(?) that I didn't clear, the tree spirit thing at the bottom of that first building you walk out of at the beginning of the game, and of course the tree guardian guy on the horse. 

STILL NO FUCKIN GREAT SHIELD. I managed to kill the other stuff without it, but damn.

13 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

So I FINALLY beat Margit and am now getting to explore Stormveil Castle. Is there anything left in Limgrave that I really shouldn't leave behind? I want to say I've beat a decent number of the bosses, but there were still a few aergols(?) that I didn't clear, the tree spirit thing at the bottom of that first building you walk out of at the beginning of the game, and of course the tree guardian guy on the horse. 

STILL NO FUCKIN GREAT SHIELD. I managed to kill the other stuff without it, but damn.

I believe the heros grave (in the building you come out of, requires a stonesword key) has some really nice stuff in it. 

Its hard to tell you what to search, I don't know what you did already. But you can definitely kill those bosses.

And if you do the heroes grave, try to destroy the trolley thing. Videos will show you how. You get an armor set on it. 

Did you do morne castle? Theres a great legendary sword there. 

17 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If you do everything in the main Limgrave area and the southern area including Morne you should be ready to take on Stormveil. Or you could skip stormveil and do other things and come back (which is what I did)

18 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Margit isn't that hard. You can absolutely beat him at level 27 easily

Ended up giving it a go tonight and killed him on my fourth attempt.  Magic did wonders helping me to fight him from a distance and knock him out without having to do much close combat.

Finally got to Caelid proper.

I made my way to some castle

Spoiler

The one with the pot guy out front and a bunch of summon signs

But noped  out.

So the other way is towards a grey @stepee and this one is deadlier than the rest of them. But I cheesed the fuck out of it and whittled it away in that doorway you come out from the Siofra River.

And now these damn crows can go straight to hell. Who came up with these things? :s

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn near 100 hours in and STILL discovering stuff I missed in the first area. Just fought a boss I had never seen nor heard of before at night in Limgrave. A lot of optional mini-bosses that you only encounter at night in this game.

Hide contents
image?url=oU9cDmrjedlrB5vdqrRoOKO3hw3BlI
WWW.XBOX.COM

A capture by Skillzdadirecta

Oh yeah. I've encountered bosses all over at night. It's definitely weird when you're at a place for the 50th time, and boom, boss.

• True 1

So, been diving into Dark Souls Remastered yesterday and today. So far ive killed:

Asylum Demon

Taurus Demonq

Bell Gargoyles

Moonlight Butterfly

Capra Demon

Gaping Dragon

Chaos Witch Queellag

And I stopped after dying to Iron Golem.  The wife wants to watch some movies tonight, so we're doing that after I finish cooking the chicken parmesan and we have dinner and wine.

But I'm not just playing, I'm listening to VaatiVidya's lore as I beat them, as well as keeping a notepad, and damn it's making a way better playthrough. When i find an item, I immediately read the description, and if it deals with a person/place/god/organization/etc, I add the quote to its 2 page spread in my notes. I also kept a notebook for ER, but I didn't do it as meticulously. Just level when I started the day, bosses I beat, unique items found, and questlines progressed. This is going to be a full diary of my adventures in the dark souls universe.

I can't believe I ignored this for 13 years. The game is still clunky, but its so interesting.

Im going to have to explore Bloodborne lore eventually too. 

Sekiro I will never play again. My reflexes aren't good enough, im old.

19 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If you're still looking for a great shield there's a merchant I just found that sells one. I marked it on the map

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ1997NqViw
WWW.XBOX.COM

Wider shot for more context here.

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK
WWW.XBOX.COM

Hope this helps.

Spoiler

I married a waifu.

Moving on to new game plus. I am worried I over leveled because I don,xt see many red battle signs. I wonder if I can do the rebirth thing and just not use all my points. Gonna conform in a bit thohgh almost at the 2nd site of grace.

16 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:
  Hide contents

I married a waifu.

Moving on to new game plus. I am worried I over leveled because I don,xt see many red battle signs. I wonder if I can do the rebirth thing and just not use all my points. Gonna conform in a bit thohgh almost at the 2nd site of grace.

No, you cannot.

Wnd you can't have her, I already put a ring on it.

4 arms.

I must be getting close to the end as the % for how many completed the bosses I’m doing has gone done to 20%

loretta knight

. I got my 5th rune stone now as well after beating

Rykard

. This area Im at now

halgtree or whatever

is really beautiful but it’s a pain in the ass platforming wise and just not falling off.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn near 100 hours in and STILL discovering stuff I missed in the first area. Just fought a boss I had never seen nor heard of before at night in Limgrave. A lot of optional mini-bosses that you only encounter at night in this game.

Hide contents
image?url=oU9cDmrjedlrB5vdqrRoOKO3hw3BlI
WWW.XBOX.COM

Damn I'm gonna have to go back there.

Speaking of still discovering things. I went back to the mistwood forest to visit that minor erdtree, I had never gone there and got two cracked tears for the flask. :p