Microsoft E3 2019 Briefing: Viewing and Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

restarted the pc game pass app and now the games are showing as available 

:) 

I did the same thing, upgraded my existing Live/Game Pass. I've tried restarting and signing out/in a couple of times, but it keeps prompting me to join Game Pass whenever I try to download something on the app. Oh well, I guess I'll chalk it up to this being the first hours of a beta program and just try later.

29 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can see it if you're one of those professional gamers who has to have everything just perfect. 

But for most people, yeah, it's blowing money. We all do it to some extent. Doesn't mean it's worth it or it's smart

As someone who plays/played a lot of FPS shooters on console the controller alone is a game changer. I struggled to play Halo 5 as proficiently without it as I can't slide/boost and keep a consistent aim. I don't have to take my thumb off of the analog to push any of the face buttons (jump, reload, punch, whatever). It upped my game in MCC as well as now I can BXR while aiming instead of having to learn how to claw a controller to keep up with some of the better players. I've put 1000's of hours into Halo as a franchise alone. Not to mention the same ease of use when playing Gears, CoD, BF, whatever other FPS I've played on Xbox over the years. I've used and continue to use my elite whenever I play something on my xbox for almost 4 years.

This isn't worth it to me because it costs a little bit of money? 

Granted I've moved a lot of my gaming over to PC, so the elite series 2 isn't worth it to me, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it to others. 

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

As someone who plays/played a lot of FPS shooters on console the controller alone is a game changer. I struggled to play Halo 5 as proficiently without it as I can't slide/boost and keep a consistent aim. I don't have to take my thumb off of the analog to push any of the face buttons (jump, reload, punch, whatever). It upped my game in MCC as well as now I can BXR while aiming instead of having to learn how to claw a controller to keep up with some of the better players. I've put 1000's of hours into Halo as a franchise alone. Not to mention the same ease of use when playing Gears, CoD, BF, whatever other FPS I've played on Xbox over the years. I've used and continue to use my elite whenever I play something on my xbox for almost 4 years.

This isn't worth it to me because it costs a little bit of money? 

Granted I've moved a lot of my gaming over to PC, so the elite series 2 isn't worth it to me, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it to others. 

Cool! :twothumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Cnut just doesn't want the controller, that's fine. Just leave it there.

I've tried the elite it's great but I actually sprung for two regular design lab controllers which I enjoy very much!

I wouldn't mind trying one at least.

I've contemplated getting a regular Xbox One controller, just to have something different and they're only about $40 on Amazon. I think you can connect them via USB to your PC? Because using AA batteries sounds kinda lame, especially after using the Switch Pro controller and Dualshock 4, which have internal batteries. I'd rather just charge it periodically than keep replacing batteries. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wouldn't mind trying one at least.

I've contemplated getting a regular Xbox One controller, just to have something different and they're only about $40 on Amazon. I think you can connect them via USB to your PC? Because using AA batteries sounds kinda lame, especially after using the Switch Pro controller and Dualshock 4, which have internal batteries. I'd rather just charge it periodically than keep replacing batteries. 

I connect mine via USB to my PC, and it's kinda shitty. If I move it to the wrong way or put it at the wrong angle, it loses connection... in my experience, using cable wires with the Xbox One controllers isn't perfect. I doubt it's like that with all controllers, though. I could just be unlucky, as some controllers seem better than others (in terms of being super finicky with the wire placement).

1 minute ago, Raggit said:

I connect mine via USB to my PC, and it's kinda shitty. If I move it to the wrong way or put it at the wrong angle, it loses connection... in my experience, using cable wires with the Xbox One controllers isn't perfect. I doubt it's like that with all controllers, though. I could just be unlucky, as some controllers seem better than others (in terms of being super finicky with the wire placement).

This does happen.  Usually a new cable, that has a tight fit, will remedy the issue.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Ninja Theory’s game was new.

A lot of rumored things didn’t happen.  No mention of Nintendo at all.

is it an exclusive? some of that stuff from the new studios is multiplat because the deals were already in place. 

40 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, wtf Microsoft at still using AAs. Get with the times and get an internal battery!

I actually prefer them not. If my PS4 battery dies I have to plug it in and deal with a cable. If my Xbox controller battery dies I just grab another set and use those while the other ones charge. I have a bunch of rechargeable AA batteries for controllers, remotes, flashlights etc., so it's easier for me.

I was actually kind of disappointed that the new elite uses a built in battery.

46 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, wtf Microsoft at still using AAs. Get with the times and get an internal battery!

To answer your first question that has been answered:

Yes you can use USB. I haven't had an issue with the USB cord falling out though. And also like mentioned above they use bluetooth.

As for using AA, I love doing that because I can use Eneloops and just switch them out and keep recharging them. In fact I've had the same eneloops since the Xbox 360. A lot easier and convenient to swap out batteries  instead of plugging in a controller, like the PS4 controller holds like 4 hours of charge.

4 minutes ago, jaethos said:

I actually prefer them not. If my PS4 battery dies I have to plug it in and deal with a cable. If my Xbox controller battery dies I just grab another set and use those while the other ones charge. I have a bunch of rechargeable AA batteries for controllers, remotes, flashlights etc., so it's easier for me.

I was actually kind of disappointed that the new elite uses a built in battery.

I just hate stocking batteries and keeping up with them. It's why I went with a wired controller for my PC. 

With my PS4, I have it set up where there's a USB cable running through under my couch, so the cord is right there where I game and I can charge it if needed. We use those strips on the floor to hide the cables in the game room and it works well. For my Switch Pro controller, that thing has such a ridiculously long battery life, I hardly ever worry about charging it. I just plug it into the system every now and then and I'm good.

Edit: this reply basically responds to @Keyser_Soze 's post, too.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

With my PS4, I have it set up where there's a USB cable running through under my couch, so the cord is right there where I game and I can charge it if needed. We use those strips on the floor to hide the cables in the game room and it works well. For my Switch Pro controller, that thing has such a ridiculously long battery life, I hardly ever worry about charging it. I just plug it into the system every now and then and I'm good.

Yeah I have a long 10 foot USB cable for my PS4 controller, in fact I never unplug it!

Oh, another thing with the AA controllers. I dunno if the One controller is better, but the 360 wireless controller fucking drains batteries while not in use. We have to remember to take the batteries out when we're done or else we forget and don't use that controller for a little while and they're dead. Which means I have to keep up with more damn batteries. 

Having so many platforms to play games on, it's not uncommon for multiple systems to go unused for months. Like, I do a ton of PC gaming, but it's not uncommon for me to not play anything on PC for several months and be on my PS4 or Switch or 3DS for a while. Or switch any of those around.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, another thing with the AA controllers. I dunno if the One controller is better, but the 360 wireless controller fucking drains batteries while not in use. We have to remember to take the batteries out when we're done or else we forget and don't use that controller for a little while and they're dead. Which means I have to keep up with more damn batteries.

Just get some eneloops (rechargeable batteries)

32 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Never heard of them. I've had a few different sets of rechargables in the past(looking at you, Wiimotes) and they all seemed to give out after a little while.

Ah this was a pro tip back from the IGN days, you probably never went to the Xbox board there where everyone had these things and they are the best rechargeables. Like I said mine still working since the 360 days.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-3MCCA8BA-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable/dp/B00JHKSN5I

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomCat said:

is it an exclusive? some of that stuff from the new studios is multiplat because the deals were already in place. 

We don't know of an earlier deal.  I think you could assume there wasn't one, given Ninja Theory's stance on publishers before they were acquired.

Will it be exclusive?  Depends on how far you want to stretch the use of that word.  It'll be playable on Xbox consoles, PCs, and likely phones/tablets at some point via the cloud.

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Nah, cool if you like it. Like I said, we all blow money on one thing or another. I just don't see how it's worth 4.5x the price of a standard controller, but whatevs, man.

You're awfully serious.

You laugh at my post, then post a post that looks awfully patronizing. I had this very same problem within my first little while at gaming outsiders with you.

Maybe I just read too much into it or maybe I just misread your posts, maybe we just misread each other, but I don't have this problem with anyone else.

8 minutes ago, Nokt said:

You laugh at my post, then post a post that looks awfully patronizing. I had this very same problem within my first little while at gaming outsiders with you.

Maybe I just read too much into it or maybe I just misread your posts, maybe we just misread each other, but I don't have this problem with anyone else.

I dunno what to tell you, but I've gotten some weird vibes from you in the past, too. I don't even remember you at GO, though, lol. 

My opinion is just on the actual value of the controller. Nothing to do with you, bro. 

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I dunno what to tell you, but I've gotten some weird vibes from you in the past, too. I don't even remember you at GO, though, lol. 

My opinion is just on the actual value of the controller. Nothing to do with you, bro.  

I lurk more than I post. I only had like 1k posts at GO before it died or before I stopped checking there anyways. Fairly certain I was going by Mystyrion or Bias at the time.

Fair enough. If its worth anything I'm sorry if I was being a dick. I'll try not to read into things in the future.

6 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I lurk more than I post. I only had like 1k posts at GO before it died or before I stopped checking there anyways. Fairly certain I was going by Mystyrion or Bias at the time.

Fair enough. If its worth anything I'm sorry if I was being a dick. I'll try not to read into things in the future.

Okay, that mysterion name sounds familiar. 

I mean, maybe text isn't always an effective communicator. Either way, I've never took any personal issue with you. I'm just sarcastic a lot. And blunt. But nothing personal against you. I promise you'd know for sure if I did. A few people here know that. :p