Microsoft E3 2019 Briefing: Viewing and Discussion Thread

Microsoft hints at next-generation Xbox ‘Scarlet’ in E3 teasers

Microsoft is less than 24 hours away from unveiling its next-generation Xbox plans at E3, and the company has been hiding secret messages in its own teasers. Twitter users have noticed that each of Microsoft’s daily E3 countdown videos has a secret code hidden in the left-hand side of the video. The first, from a couple of days ago, has R 255, followed by G 36 in the second, and B 0 in the latest today. Together that forms the code RGB (255,36,0), the RGB color code for Scarlet.

New Xbox app for PC

apps.37323.13798539581762600.b5898613-00

apps.14066.13798539581762600.b5898613-00

apps.52440.13798539581762600.b5898613-00

apps.49083.13798539581762600.b5898613-00

At least one studio acquisition announcement

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I am excited for a new elite controller.

I'd love it if it results in the current one going on sale. My 360 controller could probably use replacing, but it still works fine and I don't use it enough to warrant the relatively sideways trade to a a regular Xbone controller, while the current elite controller price feels like too much for the amount I'd use it.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

I'd love it if it results in the current one going on sale. My 360 controller could probably use replacing, but it still works fine and I don't use it enough to warrant the relatively sideways trade to a a regular Xbone controller, while the current elite controller price feels like too much for the amount I'd use it.

The problem with the current one is that it still needs a wireless dongle, unlike the standard XB1 controller. which adds another $20 to the price.

5 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I guess a New Elite controller signals no controller redesign next gen. 

Good, can’t improve perfect :p

My rechargeable battery only just last week finally died and I've had the Elite controller since it debuted, so it's perfect time to get a new one. If I can design & customize it, all that much better. As for another studio acquisition, always exciting news going forward.

Today is Microsoft's time to shine, to take the opportunity of being the biggest game in town this year and using all the momentum of the last few years to blow us all away with what comes next and I couldn't be more excited about it!!

Eagle-eyed Xbox fans spot loads of new games available now on Xbox Game Pass ahead of official announcement

Astroneer

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

Bridge Constructor Portal

Everspace

Guacamelee 2

Hollow Knight

Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Moonlighter

Neon Chrome

Old Man's Journey

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Shenmue

Shenmue 2

Silence - The Whispered World 2

Smoke and Sacrifice

SteamWorld Dig 2

Supermarket Shriek

Riverbond

Thimbleweed Park

Wizard of Legend

Price confirmed for Xbox Game Pass on PC

spacer.png

Ahead of this evening's E3 conference, a new page on the Microsoft store confirms details and pricing for the Xbox Game Pass on PC for Windows 10 players: £4 GBP / $5 USD a month.

The pass includes a library of 100+ games to dip into (although it should be noted that the library on Xbox One is almost double that) including We Happy Few, Forza Horizon 4, Hello Neighbor, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Sea of Thieves Anniversary Edition, and State of Decay 2.

Gears 5, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and Ori and the Blind Forest are listed as "coming soon" to the PC library.

I think this confirms that Gears 5 is a fall 2019 game.  An interesting omission is Forza Motorsport -- which would imply that Forza will be missing a year.

6 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Shenmue coming to games pass just means I’m going to try playing it again. I have a feeling it hasn’t aged well

It has not! But its a good sign that Shenmue III might be gracing the Xbox after all! 

20 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Shenmue coming to games pass just means I’m going to try playing it again. I have a feeling it hasn’t aged well

I beat the first one on Dreamcast. Need to beat the second one. I've been playing a lot of old games in my library lately, just about to finally beat Dead rising 3. Maybe I'll add Shenmue 2 to the list.