Epic Games Store Mega Sale starts today

I don't know the password to my Epic account. I had signed up and played whatever the recent UT was and that third person shooter MOBA thing they canceled but never cared about Fortnight. Then, when the daily failed login attempt scammer emails started coming in I said "fuck it" and removed my personal info and changed the password to something random I wouldn't remember. So now I just won't use Epic unless there's some must-have, can't-miss game that comes out exclusively, which has not happened yet.

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

This sale is a nice gesture, and one I'd like to see more of.  It's the right type of competition.  I'll still avoid buying any games there which Epic has exclusivity for out of principle.

If Hades was going for that price on Steam, I'd buy it immediately.

I would have bought Hades for full price on steam already.  Supergiant makes solid games, but I have a sizable backlog and it’ll eventually come to Steam so I can wait for a sale.  Same really goes for Phoenix Point and Control.

Don't forget, you can also put in a Creator Code of anyone that might have one, they are pretty easy to get too if you stream at all and have any kind of small following.  If you hate Epic enough, share whatever small portion they get with others.  Not sure if creator codes are for games themselves or just in game purchases.

Are any of the Quantic Dream games worthwhile? I read some shit about Detroit that turned me off it but I do love me some story driven games. 

Speaking of which, I almost feel bad taking advantage of the sale and preordering Afterparty for 50% off when I fully intended to buy the game full-price at launch.

58 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

so it looks like some games are being removed by their devs for the duration of the sale?

This thread on ResetERA explores the reason for that.  It appears that Bloodlines 2 was selling for as low as $5 in some regions.

At one point today, Hades was $6.99 on the US EGS, but now it's back up to $14.99

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I noticed that earlier and thought it was maybe too good of a deal, so I guess it was. :p

Also, the BASE price of Hades INCREASED from the pre-sale price.

Before the sale, the base price of Hades was $19.99.  With the sale, the base price of Hades is $24.99.

2 hours ago, Toronado97 said:

I"m honestly appalled that anyone would even consider partaking in this sale.

If the game is already on Steam, and Epic offers a significantly better historical price across the board, I would.

... That's what they've told us is the promise of their storefront.  I don't think they've delivered it.  So for now, it's just the place I grab freebies from.

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

2K just pulled Borderlands 3 from EGS because they didn't want it on sale.

It's funny the only way to not put your game on sale is to ask epic to remove it from the store.

Though supposedly they will still honor the sale prices, but I guess epic is paying the difference.