Epic Games Store Mega Sale starts today

11 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Isn’t Epic eating the cost of the $10 extra discount though not the developers/publishers.  They aren’t forcing an extra $10.00 discount they are essentially paying $10 out of pocket was how I read it.

That's my understanding as well.  Epic is entirely subsidizing the $10 discount, which makes the reaction of the publishers to totally remove the games from the store weird as hell.

32 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

That's my understanding as well.  Epic is entirely subsidizing the $10 discount, which makes the reaction of the publishers to totally remove the games from the store weird as hell.

They probably want to keep the prices of the games equal across all platforms, even if epic is paying for it customers would perceive it differently.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They probably want to keep the prices of the games equal across all platforms, even if epic is paying for it customers would perceive it differently.

Prob a valid point, but aren't there plenty of ways to get discounted pre-orders on PC already? 

Used the discount to buy Hades. I don't know how much I"ll play it while it is still in Early Access but $10 seemed like a good price for it. Not to mention Supergiant said that they are increasing the price by $5 after the sale. (So increasing from $20 to $25)