Darksiders III - Releasing November 27th with a $400 CE, 11 minutes of gameplay video

Pikachu

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/07/09/darksiders-3-release-date-collectors-editions-announced-a-ign-first

In addition to the standard $59.99 version of the game, there will also be two premium editions of Darksiders 3. The Collector’s Edition costs $149.99 and includes a copy of the game, an 11-inch-tall Fury figurine, a premium box, a steelbook, an artbook, soundtrack, and exclusive armor DLC (cosmetic; does not affect gameplay). The Apocalypse Edition, meanwhile, runs $399.99 and includes the latter four items, a copy of the game, as well as its own premium box, a 30”x 40” wall scroll (with hanger), a 2-inch heavyweight amulet with necklace, and four figurines: Fury (11" tall), War, Death, and Vulgrim (10" tall each).

50 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Do they know something nobody else does about the popularity and hype for this game that they think people will spend $400 on it?

Yeah, it's really odd that they would create such an expensive SKU for a franchise with fairly middling sales. 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:20 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I own the first two games and have never played them. Got the first one cheap and the second for free.

Ha - exact same for me.  I am guessing this third game is going to follow suit.   OOOOR I could buy it for $400.  Hmmmm

On 7/9/2018 at 1:47 PM, Pikachu said:

Yeah, it's really odd that they would create such an expensive SKU for a franchise with fairly middling sales. 

Aren't these special editions designed for the relatively low number of hardcore fans rather then trying to sell 100k copies of a $150 SE?

Personally I would never buy one of these, or SE in general, but if just a few hundred people who are big fans of the series buy this it seems worth it to the publisher.

We all have a few games that most people don't care about, but we might shell out an inordinate amount of money for a SE. Even if it's not my favorite game out there, DS seems like a good enough game series, with the addition of it's unique aesthetic, to have some really big fans.

On 7/9/2018 at 9:20 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I own the first two games and have never played them. Got the first one cheap and the second for free.

I believe I got Darksiders 1 on PS3 through PS+ years ago. Then I got Darksiders 2 on PS4.

What I played of the original on PS3 was good enough to make me grab the Remastered edition on PS4 during this current sale for 2 bucks. I figure if I ever feel like going through both games now I'll have the Remastered set.

• 2 weeks later...