~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

22 hours ago, TwinIon said:

After reading this article (contains spoilers), I imagine that many of my questions are answered in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary.

The fact that the shattered lightsaber's mending is only mentioned in that book is pretty annoying.

at the end of TLJ it didn’t look like the crystal was broken. Mending a the rest of the lightsaber shouldn’t be that hard. Hard being relative here. 

I thought the Hyperspace tracking they used in TLJ required an active tracker, it wasn't just a "we can track anyone through hyperspace now" or the Falcon wouldn't have been able to get away at the end. Also, the Falcon does plenty of jumping later in the film where they're obviously not being tracked.

While not stated, it felt to me like there was something about skipping that allowed the TIEs to follow, like their hyperspace tunnel was still open or something, but it was all so vague and fast that may or may not be the case.

It's never particularly useful to get too into the weeds on "how does this Sci-Fi fantasy ship work," so I guess I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something that the film actually made clear. 

I will admit that even with Hyperspace tracking it didn’t make much sense. As fast as they were in and out, the Tie Fighters would have easily overshot the Falcon. Only if they were clairvoyant could they have pulled that chase off.

The quote from JJ’s father perfectly sums up why this guy continues to be a dumpster fire

Abrams was born and raised in New York City,[1] the son of television producer Gerald W. Abrams (born 1939) and executive producer Carol Ann Abrams(née Kelvin; 1942–2012).[3] His sister is screenwriter Tracy Rosen.[3] He attended Palisades High School. After graduating from high school, Abrams planned on going to art school rather than a traditional college, but eventually enrolled at Sarah Lawrence College, following his father's advice: "it's more important that you go off and learn what to make movies about than how to make movies."[4]

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Fat men online hate Rose because she isn’t “model attractive” and on top of that some don’t like that she is Asian. Let’s call a spade a spade. 

I heard some in the inner recesses of the internet -- forget where -- say the actress who played her sister should have played Rose, conveniently the more attractive one. :thinking:

I thought Rose was hokey in most of TLJ and a lot of it was directly because of the performance of Tran. Still not deserving of the despicable treatment she received online.

22 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That is assuming Rey is full to the light. She may be balanced, in the middle. Where Luke was when he died, where Yoda was when he died. If Rey is balanced then there is nothing for the Force to correct with the Dark Side. 

Who says Luke and Yoda were balanced when they died? I saw nothing that indicated they had ANY Dark Side in them. The problem with the Jedi is they are just as dogmatic as the Sith and that's what led to their downfall. I didn't get the sense that Rey was balanced either... the fact that she takes the name Skywalker at the end would indicate to me that she's full embraced in the light.

I think it's an interesting concept, but I didn't enjoy the execution in this movie. I think the important thing emotionally is that they are linked by the force. The idea that the force is balancing itself out through them is fine, but the sequence amounted to a bit of exposition and little else. We already knew they were connected, putting a special name on it didn't raise the importance of that connection for me.

Still, what stuck out to me was that this was somehow news to the Emperor. He's been remotely managing the galaxy for decades, his puppet Snoke bridged Rey and Kylo. The strength of their connection shouldn't be a surprise to him, and it definitely wasn't to us. It felt like a pretty weak excuse for Palp to suddenly have a plan B that didn't require Rey to kill him.

They were connected by Snoke... their connection wasn't due to them being Force Dyads or whatever it's called. Their very EXISTENCES are indicators of that. As much as I would want to rag on the ST, this was set up in The Force Awakens when Snoke tells Kylo that there has been an awakening in The Force and that light rises to meet darkness. Rey was a result of Kylo and she was the equal but opposite reaction to him.

I mean Freddie Prinze Jr. of all people spells it out pretty plainly in his famous Star Wars rant. This also seems to be in line with Lucas' original vision of how the The Force works. I agree that the execution wasn't the best in this movie but the ideas behind it are interesting to me and I wish they explored them more...

The idea of balance in The Force and "Darkness" being needed just as much as "Light."

I definitely have some ideas on where the series could go in the future, further exploring the nature of The Force... I just need to get to Kathleen Kennedy :p

2 hours ago, johnny said:

Fat men online hate Rose because she isn’t “model attractive” and on top of that some don’t like that she is Asian. Let’s call a spade a spade. 

HEY NOW, I am a fat man online who didn't hate Rose, just the story she was involved in, and said she didn't deserve being thrown in the trash in ROS. Also, there is NO WAY in hell I am gonna bitch about an Asian chick being in SW. 

:dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2: :dab2::dab2::dab2:

GET REKT LIBTARD 

vKMAc6K.gif

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

HEY NOW, I am a fat man online who didn't hate Rose, just the story she was involved in, and said she didn't deserve being thrown in the trash in ROS. Also, there is NO WAY in hell I am gonna bitch about an Asian chick being in SW. 

:dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2::dab2: :dab2::dab2::dab2:

GET REKT LIBTARD 

vKMAc6K.gif

#NotAllFatMen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Who says Luke and Yoda were balanced when they died? I saw nothing that indicated they had ANY Dark Side in them. The problem with the Jedi is they are just as dogmatic as the Sith and that's what led to their downfall. I didn't get the sense that Rey was balanced either... the fact that she takes the name Skywalker at the end would indicate to me that she's full embraced in the light.

Unless I need to rewatch the episode, and I totally will, the episode in Clone Wars where Yoda learns how to become a force ghost. One of the secrets/steps is becoming balanced in the Force. To become one he had to, Kenobi had to, Anakin had to, Luke, all of them. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Unless I need to rewatch the episode, and I totally will, the episode in Clone Wars where Yoda learns how to become a force ghost. One of the secrets/steps is becoming balanced in the Force. To become one he had to, Kenobi had to, Anakin had to, Luke, all of them. 

And this basically means 

Leia wasn't balanced in the Force until after her son became balanced and passed?

Cause I could buy that. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I never watched clone wars so if that's the case, I stand corrected. 

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I never watched clone wars so if that's the case, I stand corrected. 

Boy, you need to get on the lore knowledge. You should totally watch Clone Wars. Season 1 is a little rough, but animation and story both get better. Ignore the Clone Wars movie. They wrote it for 6 year olds. 

Then watch Rebels. Rebels is so rewarding to watch as a Clone Wars fan and is some of the most lore heavy content in the franchise. 

I'll post my thoughts on this whole movie later, but nothing really pissed me off, just disappointed me, but the one thing that does piss me off to the point of infuriation is how shafted Kelly Marie Tran got. However you feel about her character, the fact that she got harassed to the point of deleting her social media because of all the sexist, and racist comments, to then have JJ, Terrio, and the other writers basically give her NOTHING to do or say in the sequel, is despicable and disgusting. They basically caved to the trolls, whether intentionally or not. What was the point of Dominic Monaghan's character? Just to have another LOST alumnus shoehorned in there? Should have just given all his lines to Rose so that she would at least have more to say if JJ wasn't going to have her join the others because he wanted to have a new Luke, Leia, and Han trio in the form of Rey, Finn, and Poe, even though there didn't need to be a repeat of a trio JJ, and you should have had Rose join them and have her do something cool, like use her engineering skills for something. FUCK UGH! :angry:

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I believe they were referring to balance between the cosmic force and the living force, not dark and light. Been a while tho. 

So...

The scene where Ben dies may actually have been reversed footage of Rey sitting him up?

https://imgur.com/gallery/uiucb6S

Also, before they kiss, she says something to him that was cut, but you can still see her jaw moving.

From these two things, there is a belief spreading that Ben dying was something added very late in the editing process.

Some interesting stuff.

14 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

So...

The scene where Ben dies may actually have been reversed footage of Rey sitting him up?

Also, before they kiss, she says something to him that was cut, but you can still see her jaw moving.

From these two things, there is a belief spreading that Ben dying was something added very late in the editing process.

Some interesting stuff.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:43 AM, Bacon said:

Are we in open spoilers yet? Anyway,

There is literally no reason That Kylo Ben Ren has to actually be dead for good. Sure, it seems like he did that dead force vanish thing, but they can really just come up with any BS excuse to keep him actually alive. At least, this movie says that is a valid thing to do. 

:dab2:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

So...

Some interesting stuff.

Well, JJ's done it. 

He's supplanted George Lucas as the most hated person among the Star Wars fan community. 

I wonder what fuckin GEORGE would have done with this arc.

Know, what. Better yet:

EMXI2UuUwAADkKk.jpg

EMXI2UvU4AQsLt6.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yes, this is one of the things that stuck out to me reading his Wikipedia page earlier.

TLJ, ala Ratouille: Heroes can come from anywhere

JJ: Not so gotdamn fast

8 hours ago, CayceG said:

Well, JJ's done it. 

He's supplanted George Lucas as the most hated person among the Star Wars fan community. 

I wonder what fuckin GEORGE would have done with this arc.

Know, what. Better yet:

EMXI2UuUwAADkKk.jpg

EMXI2UvU4AQsLt6.jpg

Hehe, I just saw this in relation to what you posted: