The Thread of Paranoid Pruitt's Payola and Other Assorted Malfeasance

• Jason changed the title to The Thread of Paranoid Pruitt's Payola and Other Assorted Malfeasance

Pruitt directly asked Trump to replace Sessions with him

Embattled Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt directly appealed to President Donald Trump this spring to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions and let him run the Department of Justice instead, according to three people familiar with the proposal. In an Oval Office conversation with Trump, Pruitt offered to temporarily replace Sessions for 210 days under the Vacancies Reform Act, telling the President he would return to Oklahoma afterward to run for office.

Pruitt's direct appeal to the President has not been reported previously.

Advisers quickly shot down the proposal, but it came at a time when Trump's frustration with Sessions over his decision to recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation had resurfaced. Trump has complained loudly and publicly about the recusal for the last 14 months, and floated replacing Sessions with Pruitt as recently as April.

When I saw this thread bumped I literally came in here to yell at you guys for repeatedly bumping this thread because every time I saw it back at the top of the page I got my hopes up that he was finally gone.

It's so nice when Trump chooses the worst of both worlds for himself. He could have kept Pruitt. Or he could have fired Pruitt right away. Instead, he dragged around his politically toxic corpse for monthes...and then fired him.

I hope that all those investigations of Pruitt keep going. Make him pay the price for all his abuses of power.

It is bizarre to me how long he was allowed to stay in. It can't be that hard to find someone that will just do whatever Trump tells him and otherwise just does the worst thing for the environment all the time. Was Pruitt somehow notable for his shamelessness in perusing that agenda?

17 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I hope that all those investigations of Pruitt keep going. Make him pay the price for all his abuses of power.

It is bizarre to me how long he was allowed to stay in. It can't be that hard to find someone that will just do whatever Trump tells him and otherwise just does the worst thing for the environment all the time. Was Pruitt somehow notable for his shamelessness in perusing that agenda?

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard the reason Trump put up with Pruitt wasn't just that he could use the EPA to do damage, as many conservative shitstains could. It was specifically the personal ties Pruitt has in the energy sector that kept him safe until now.

Basically, when Trump got on the phone with his billionaire buddies they were lobbying for Pruitt.

57 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard the reason Trump put up with Pruitt wasn't just that he could use the EPA to do damage, as many conservative shitstains could. It was specifically the personal ties Pruitt has in the energy sector that kept him safe until now.

Basically, when Trump got on the phone with his billionaire buddies they were lobbying for Pruitt.

Pruitt could have potentially done a lateral transfer to attorney general if sessions had resigned or was fired.

8 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Can't believe so much breath was wasted debating whether it was acceptable for The Atlantic to fire this idiot. Never should've offered him a job in the first place.

You could say the same with the majority of Trump's cabinet, or just politicians in general.