Kids with MAGA hats and Native Americans involved in... something

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the kids doing that around Nathan Phillips. 

Nathan Philips doesn’t deserve any respect. He’s a liar and continues to lie about things that absolutely didn’t happen.

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Nathan Philips doesn’t deserve any respect. He’s a liar and continues to lie about things that absolutely didn’t happen.

So he deserved to have these kids jumping around him, yelling and screaming, mocking him while he was drumming? These kids thought, "hey this guy's a liar, so let's act obnoxious around him while he's protesting because he doesn't deserve any respect, because we all know he's a liar"? 

Jesus, do you hear yourself? 

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

So he deserved to have these kids jumping around him, yelling and screaming, mocking him while he was drumming? These kids thought, "hey this guy's a liar, so let's act obnoxious around him while he's protesting because he doesn't deserve any respect, because we all know he's a liar"? 

Jesus, do you hear yourself? 

An adult man went and banged a drum in a kid’s face who was literally standing there doing nothing. And he keeps lying about what happened. He’s garbage. 

The kids weren’t even around him, he came

over to where they were and confronted them. 

At least keep up with the facts of the story :p

I was pretty upset with the kids when I saw the first version, however after watching the second version, the only people I was upset with for the most part was the social media rage machine and normal news media.  Sad, but not surprising to see many here doing the same thing. 

29 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Curious what you disagreed with in the article and what part about it makes me confused.  

I’m going to place the gentleman’s wager that he did not actually read the article.

Thus, a queer female East Indian Harvard grad with a Ph.D. and E.D. position is considered more oppressed than the unemployed third son of a white Appalachian coal miner.

No. No one thinks that. And if she had any understanding of intersectionality, she’d know that. But she dismissed intersectionality already in the first paragraph as jargon “used to signal wokeness.”

Thats the beginning of the article and it just goes on like that. She’s arguing against a caricature. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

No. No one thinks that. And if she had any understanding of intersectionality, she’d know that. But she dismissed intersectionality already in the first paragraph as jargon “used to signal wokeness.”

Thats the beginning of the article and it just goes on like that. She’s arguing against a caricature. 

You are lying to yourself.  If you walked into a room and saw a East Indian woman standing next to a white man, and you were asked who has more "privilege" you would choose the white male. 

Proof of that is all over this thread.  There is one group of people, and only one, who were yelling racist things to another group, and none of you want to talk about that.  The big story is the white kids (too 'young dumb and broke' to really make up their mind about these issues and are still trying to figure things out) wearing MAGA hats (if they were adults I would have a slightly different perspective).   Page after page of outrage and accusations of racism based solely on what someone "looks like" and not a peep about actual literal racism that literally happened to them. 

Yet, I'm the confused one?! 

21 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

No. No one thinks that. And if she had any understanding of intersectionality, she’d know that.

The way that people’s views are dismissed or elevated based on inherited characteristics, I would argue many functionally believe it regardless of their stated beliefs.

12 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I bet Boyle looks in the mirror every morning and repeats the fourteen words, adding at the end ‘...but you know, not in a racist way or anything.’

you should read the article I posted.  It literally describes people like you. 

Please show me where I have been racist in anyway anywhere.  

Also, I usually end it with "...and always remember to check your white privilege, shitlord".

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

you should read the article I posted.  It literally describes people like you. 

Please show me where I have been racist in anyway anywhere.  

Also, I usually end it with "...and always remember to check your white privilege, shitlord".

If you think I just accused you of being racist, then the point sailed over your head.