Kids with MAGA hats and Native Americans involved in... something

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You've basically answered no questions but are demanding the world and a few essays from everyone else while you type away a few leading questions for everyone to spend time on.

The "herp derp SLAVERY?" was just stupid and, ironically, lazy.

It shouldn’t take essays to answer simple questions 

26 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

What does MAGA mean?  I’m sure it means different things to different people if you asked them instead of just automatically labeling them as racists.  

I answer every question that is asked of me.  Stop dodging my questions 

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

It shouldn’t take essays to answer simple questions 

I answer every question that is asked of me.  Stop dodging my questions 

Most of your questions were answered.

And like I said earlier, people realize you're not being honest because when someone answers, you hit them with a bunch more questions, and then more after that. Why don't you answer some questions for once and go through that whole shtick?

What does MAGA mean?

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Most of your questions were answered.

And like I said earlier, people realize you're not being honest because when someone answers, you hit them with a bunch more questions, and then more after that. Why don't you answer some questions for once and go through that whole shtick?

What does MAGA mean?

See above.  It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.  It does not have a black and white meaning, it’s subjective to its adherents. 

Next question 

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

See above.  It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.  It does not have a black and white meaning, it’s subjective to its adherents. 

Next question 

Wrong. You're deflecting.

What does it mean? What time period are they looking at that featured America as great? What policies are they looking for that match the great America?

1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

I never knew asking questions was looked down on. 

When you do them and then ask more and then more to try to trap someone dishonestly with no good-faith end to your series of leading questions, it typically is. 

This post from you, for example, is dishonest.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Wrong. You're deflecting.

What does it mean? What time period are they looking at that featured America as great? What policies are they looking for that match the great America?

You seem to think you know the answer to that and I am telling you otherwise.  I can tell you it means different things to different people and is completely subjective.  That should not be that hard to understand.  

You seem to think you know the answer to that and I am telling you otherwise.  I can tell you it means different things to different people and is completely subjective.  That should not be that hard to understand.  

And you're deflecting again because you're not dumb enough to believe that. 

What does MAGA mean? What's the time period for great America? What are they returning to? What's the vision?

It shouldn't take two pages to answer a few simple questions that you say should be looked up at.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

When you do them and then ask more and then more to try to trap someone dishonestly with no good-faith end to your series of leading questions, it typically is. 

This post from you, for example, is dishonest.

I’m not trying to trap anyone, but rather show that these things are a lot more complex than simply writing them off as racism.  

I’m not trying to trap anyone, but rather show that these things are a lot more complex than simply writing them off as racism.  

"Different people are different" is the simplest way to look at a confederate flag or what great America looked like. The complexity is what they actually mean.

Also, you didn't answer Jose's question.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

And you're deflecting again because you're not dumb enough to believe that. 

What does MAGA mean? What's the time period for great America? What are they returning to? What's the vision?

It shouldn't take two pages to answer a few simple questions that you say should be looked up at.

Apparently I am dumb enough to believe that because that’s the truth.  Like I said, that is definitely the narrative for some people who wear the hat but it is not the narrative for everyone who wears that hat and I am not going to be so lazy as to only assume it is only one narrative 

Apparently I am dumb enough to believe that because that’s the truth.  Like I said, that is definitely the narrative for some people who wear the hat but it is not the narrative for everyone who wears that hat and I am not going to be so lazy as to only assume it is only one narrative 

Meaning? Time period? Vision?

I don't think you actually know the different meanings you keep claiming there are for it despite telling people to talk to other people.

Boyle is right that MAGA means different things to different people. It meant different things to presidents Trump, Clinton, and Reagan, who all uses the phrase during their campaigns. I think it’s a pretty weak argument to limit the notion of making America great again to recapturing all things from some snapshot in the nation’s history.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

"Different people are different" is the simplest way to look at a confederate flag or what great America looked like. The complexity is what they actually mean.

Also, you didn't answer Jose's question.

Stop saying the hat is the confederate flag. They are not the same. 

Goddammit Jose what’s your question 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Boyle is right that MAGA means different things to different people. It meant different things to presidents Trump, Clinton, and Reagan, who all uses the phrase during their campaigns. I think it’s a pretty weak argument to limit the notion of making America great again to recapturing all things from some snapshot in the nation’s history.

Now your just deflecting. 

I thought we all abandoned the fantasy that black people can't have a vested interest in propagating white supremacy at least after DJANGO UNCHANGED but some people are really invested in their ignorance. 

It's also strange how we have to parse every detail to condemn some MAGA racist shithead but Muslims can be painted with a poll, and black people a couple out of context statistics. Give me a fucking break. 

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Meaning? Time period? Vision?

I don't think you actually know the different meanings you keep claiming there are for it despite telling people to talk to other people.

I don’t think you quite understand what I’m saying. There is no single time frame, meaning or vision that MAGA stands for. There are many depending on the person.  

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I thought we all abandoned the fantasy that black people can't have a vested interest in propagating white supremacy at least after DJANGO UNCHANGED but some people are really invested in their ignorance. 

It's also strange how we have to parse every detail to condemn some MAGA racist shithead but Muslims can be painted with a poll, and black people a couple out of context statistics. Give me a fucking break. 

Such a wise man you are.  

Strawman much?

also, it seems you agree that all of these things should be looked at deeper than what anyone “assumes”.  

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not when Trump is saying it.

My argument's stronger than The Rock, who lost an arm wrestling match to it.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

But you aren’t talking about just Trump, because the context of this discussion is people putting on MAGA hats.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Shift them goal posts.  

You believe you know what it means when trump says it (as I probably hold a similar belief) but you don’t know what it means to others, and there isn’t one single meaning. 

Just now, sblfilms said:

But you aren’t talking about just Trump, because the context of this discussion is people putting on MAGA hats.

Yes, because Clinton's not wearing a MAGA hat. However, Pat Buchanan's Make America First Again was built on the same thing MAGA is.

MAGA hats and the power that phrase has right now? Completely different, and what Reagan/Clinton did is irrelevant to what I'm saying and already known to me. This isn't something I just thought of.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm not sure you know what you're debating at this point if you think goal posts were shifted.

When Trump says it as apossed to everyone else who wears a MAGA hat.  

It seems you you don’t know the context of the argument being put forth 

Trump is not everyone who wears the hat. 

When Trump says it as apossed to everyone else who wears a MAGA hat.  

It seems you you don’t know the context of the argument being put forth 

"Clinton said it in the 90s" has nothing to do with people wearing MAGA hats now. That's the context.

The fact that you agree about what Trump means when he says it is the hilarious part: you know what it means, but you don't want to admit it.

Is this a summary of the positions?

Position 1: Not everyone that wears a MAGA hat is a racist, but some of them are. It depends.

Position 2: Everyone that wears a MAGA hat is a racist

If this is what we are arguing about, I have to say that position 2 seems to be the tougher one to support and substantiate. It is a claim that requires more evidence.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

Is this a summary of the positions?

Position 1: Not everyone that wears a MAGA hat is a racist, but some of them are. It depends.

Position 2: Everyone that wears a MAGA hat is a racist

If this is what we are arguing about, I have to say that position 2 seems to be the tougher one to support and substantiate. It is a claim that requires more evidence.

Thanks. That pretty much sums it up. 

I would argue that it doesn’t personally mean anything to Trump. It’s just a catchphrase. What point in history would better serve Trump? What cultural or philosophical changes could be reversed to better suit his interests?

He is living his best life now :p

And when she used it not everyone who supported her believed it meant the same to them as it meant to her. Jfc it’s not that difficult 

Now Bill Clinton turned into a woman.

It's irrelevant how Bill Clinton used it in the 90s. He's not running around in a MAGA hat now.

Which is why I'm asking: what's their vision? You keep deflecting into the 80s and 90s now that someone else brought it up lol.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I would argue that it doesn’t personally mean anything to Trump. It’s just a catchphrase. What point in history would better serve Trump? What cultural or philosophical changes could be reversed to better suit his interests?

He is living his best life now :p

He lived a better life as head of his companies.

36 minutes ago, Chris- said:

IF

a thread is more than five pages long

AND

Boyle is heavily involved

THEN

Expect at least five more pages of insufferable arguing over nothing

@legend, something to build into your D1P AI.

But the number of Boyle-related conditional variables just to make sane expectations of butt stuff and penis size is already making a mess of things!

• Haha 2