Kids with MAGA hats and Native Americans involved in... something

6 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

How can you tell when you beat a new atheist in a debate? They say they'll respond to you later. 

I laughed unreasonably hard at this. 

<3

27 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It doesn’t mean anything, even when Trump says it. The audience imbues the phrase with meaning for themselves. If you ask a person wearing the MAGA hat what it means to them, you’ll get all sorts of answers. I do think one can make an educated presumption about some of the broad positions held by a MAGA hat wearer that are fair prior to any revelatory information by the wearer.

As an example it is more likely than not that the wearer favors policies like building the wall. I think that is a completely fair presumption based on both personal observation and policy polls.

It does, backed up by his very specific platform. He wasn't giving platitudes and saying, "We're gonna make America great again!" He gave a very specific xenophobic platform and very conveniently brought out rural America for it. I've argued that this wasn't the whole thing, and that as much as I make fun of "economic anxiety," we can't disregard trade and the rust belt. But his main platform was xenophobic and racist, and he won. And you've said yourself a while ago -- you don't give many of your white friends the benefit of the doubt anymore.

They know the racism is there. They just don't care.

Make America Great, or Pat Buchanan's Make America First (who Trump compliments now after saying in the 90s that Pat hated Jews and black people), all revolve around getting back to the "glory days" of a whiter America, less immigration, and getting rid of the "others."

13 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

How can you tell when you beat a new atheist in a debate? They say they'll respond to you later. 

Too busy quoting others who are making arguments for him, like a true thinker. 

11 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Look stop with the ad hominem  attacks.  If someone else argues the same point as me and if I quote them then you’ll just have to deal with it. I’v made my case and most will agree that it’s the correct answer.  

You need a break for your sanity.  Just listen to how your talking to me right now.  

Here is my point: Not everyone who wears a MAGA hat is a racist.  MAGA has many meanings to many different people. 

Most? Who's most? I saw tons of people disagree with you and even make fun of how long threads typically involve you. You don't even know what your case is. Here, let me break it down:

2rrt3j.jpg

You don't belong in the conversation because you haven't made your case whatsoever, purposefully misconstrued other people's posts, and don't even know what they're saying. You're letting others argue things you didn't even say and taking credit for their posts (which only one person is actually saying anything, the other doesn't know what's happening here).

I'm having fun in this thread! But it's because you don't get challenged enough on your bad arguments and bad-faith debating, and it's fun to call it out. Most people agree that you're not being honest or being ridiculous (which is something we can prove with numbers ITT!).

I don't think anyone who wears a MAGA hat is a racist, but I have no problem branding anyone wearing that hat as an idiot.

Even if you don't have an ounce of racism in your soul, you have to know that wearing a MAGA hat comes with a lot of baggage and just wearing it is sending some strong messages to different people. But I guess that's pretty much the whole point of that hat these days.

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It does, backed up by his very specific platform. He wasn't giving platitudes and saying, "We're gonna make America great again!" He gave a very specific xenophobic platform and very conveniently brought out rural America for it. I've argued that this wasn't the whole thing, and that as much as I make fun of "economic anxiety," we can't disregard trade and the rust belt. But his main platform was xenophobic and racist, and he won. And you've said yourself a while ago -- you don't give many of your white friends the benefit of the doubt anymore.

They know the racism is there. They just don't care.

Make America Great, or Pat Buchanan's Make America First (who Trump compliments now after saying in the 90s that Pat hated Jews and black people), all revolve around getting back to the "glory days" of a whiter America, less immigration, and getting rid of the "others."

Too busy quoting others who are making arguments for him, like a true thinker. 

Most? Who's most? I saw tons of people disagree with you and even make fun of how long threads typically involve you. You don't even know what your case is. Here, let me break it down:

2rrt3j.jpg

You don't belong in the conversation because you haven't made your case whatsoever, purposefully misconstrued other people's posts, and don't even know what they're saying. You're letting others argue things you didn't even say and taking credit for their posts (which only one person is actually saying anything, the other doesn't know what's happening here).

I'm having fun in this thread! But it's because you don't get challenged enough on your bad arguments and bad-faith debating, and it's fun to call it out. Most people agree that you're not being honest or being ridiculous (which is something we can prove with numbers ITT!).

You should try harder.  I made my points very clear and concise.  I made them over and over for you and all you can do is call me names.  

For it the last time here it is again. 

Not everyone who wears a MAGA hat is a racist. 

MAGA means different things to different people. 

if you disagree with either of those points, then you are wrong. Period. There is no other argument from me. That is all there is to it. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

You should try harder.  I made my points very clear and concise.  I made them over and over for you and all you can do is call me names.  

For it the last time here it is again. 

Not everyone who wears a MAGA hat is a racist. 

MAGA means different things to different people. 

if you disagree with either of those points, then you are wrong. Period. There is no other argument from me. That is all there is to it. 

It's amazing that you made this post after I even broke this down into a meme to simplify it in less than a dozen words. You acted out the meme and you still don't get it.

Just now, ort said:

I don't think anyone who wears a MAGA hat is a racist, but I have no problem branding anyone wearing that hat as an idiot.

At the very minimum anyone wearing that hat has to know that it carries with it a lot of baggage and just wearing it is sending some strong messages to different people. I guess that's pretty much the whole point of that hat these days.

I agree with this except I don’t necessarily agree that they all know it as “baggage” as you put it. But that’s where their ignorance sets in. 

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

You think I’m arguing about something that I’m not arguing about.  That’s on you. 

No, it's definitely you. Here, let's try again:

Me: Here's a meme that shows, as even Amazatron said pages ago, that wearing that hat means you're racist or ignorant.

You: herp derp you can't say everyone's a racist!

Me: You can't read.

You: You agree with me but it's on you that herp derp mcderp

That's the past few posts. This is all on you. These threads go multiple pages because of you. You got so chin-deep into trapping people that you had no idea what anyone was saying. :lol: 

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

lol, can't admit you fucked up for several pages now, eh?

There is nothing to admit.  Start from the beginning. I tried making my point in as many ways as possible for you and even others tried to make the point for you but you don’t seem to understand. 

There is nothing to admit.  Start from the beginning. I tried making my point in as many ways as possible for you and even others tried to make the point for you but you don’t seem to understand. 

You keep talking about these mysterious "others." I saw one person make a point that you couldn't articulate, several people make fun of you for bringing up Kanye, others made fun of you for telling people you'd "respond to them later" which you never did, and those people were disagreeing with you too.

It's been you vs. the world in this thread. You are like heyyoudvd; you're physically incapable of admitting you fucked up.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

No, it's definitely you. Here, let's try again:

Me: Here's a meme that shows, as even Amazatron said pages ago, that wearing that hat means you're racist or ignorant.

You: herp derp you can't say everyone's a racist!

Me: You can't read.

You: You agree with me but it's on you that herp derp mcderp

That's the past few posts. This is all on you. These threads go multiple pages because of you. You got so chin-deep into trapping people that you had no idea what anyone was saying. :lol: 

Are you just trolling now. 

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Are you just trolling now. 

Nah, but I was curious as to why you keep acting as if you haven't been debating the world ITT? I saw a bunch of people make fun of your arguments and bringing up Kanye, though. I hope that doesn't ruin the, "Most people agree with me so I win," illusion, doe.

10 minutes ago, ort said:

At the very minimum anyone wearing that hat has to know that it carries with it a lot of baggage and just wearing it is sending some strong messages to different people. I guess that's pretty much the whole point of that hat these days.

As a brown guy, I'd wear one just for the laughs and comical interactions. Someone would have to buy it for me though, no way I'm spending my money on one.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

You keep talking about these mysterious "others." I saw one person make a point that you couldn't articulate, several people make fun of you for bringing up Kanye, others made fun of you for telling people you'd "respond to them later" which you never did, and those people were disagreeing with you too.

It's been you vs. the world in this thread. You are like heyyoudvd; you're physically incapable of admitting you fucked up.

I’ve reponded to everyone except Greatone because that was last night when I went to bed and completely forgot about it. 

Stop making shit up.  

I used Kanye and other examples to make my point that not everyone who wears the hat is a racist.  

People can make fun all they want, it doesn’t change the facts.  

Look we are fighting on the same team and the points I made are valid. Take a break your getting all upset over being wrong about my points 

I'm not obligated to, nor do I see it as a wise, prudent, or intelligent course of action, to give the benefit of the doubt to any MAGA hat wearing fuckface. If they don't want people to think they're racist lickspittles then it's pretty fucking easy to just doff their chapeau except that's the whole reason they donned it in the first place. 

I’ve reponded to everyone except Greatone because that was last night when I went to bed and completely forgot about it. 

Stop making shit up.  

I used Kanye and other examples to make my point that not everyone who wears the hat is a racist.  

People can make fun all they want, it doesn’t change the facts.  

Look we are fighting on the same team and the points I made are valid. Take a break your getting all upset over being wrong about my points 

Ah, okay, so we went from, "Most people agree with me," to, "Hey, most people don't have to it don't change the facts!"

The points you made have nothing to do with what I said. My point is distilled to, "MAGA is racist, but people who wear it can simply be ignorant," and you've gone on several pages thinking I was saying everyone was racist. Just admit you fucked up and move on. I said at the beginning that I thought your debate tactics were bad even though your heart was in the right place. That should have been enough.

3 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

As a brown guy, I'd wear one just for the laughs and comical interactions. Someone would have to buy it for me though, no way I'm spending my money on one.

Like a modern day Cleavon Little.  A joke which clearly and correctly assumes facts in evidence; it's funny to see a brown guy in racist garb.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Ah, okay, so we went from, "Most people agree with me," to, "Hey, most people don't have to it don't change the facts!"

The points you made have nothing to do with what I said. My point is distilled to, "MAGA is racist, but people who wear it can simply be ignorant," and you've gone on several pages thinking I was saying everyone was racist. Just admit you fucked up and move on. I said at the beginning that I thought your debate tactics were bad even though your heart was in the right place. That should have been enough.

4 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

So, you are either ignorant or racist if you did.