The Official Thread of Entertainment Industry Sexual Predation

TIL and what the actual fuck

18lmq9l6cmnkfjpg.jpg
GIZMODO.COM

Last night's Firefly reunion special on the Science Channel contained the requisite amount of love for the spaceship that Joss Whedon and friends built. And for the fans — the greatest moment is this brief snippet where Gina Torres says, "There's nothing like a scifi fan. Like warm honey, poured all over you." I…

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
EricWeinberg-1.jpg?w=1280
KTLA.COM

A producer and writer on television shows such as “Scrubs” and “Californication” has been arrested in Los Feliz in connection with “several sexual assaults including r…

According to police, Weinberg committed a series of sexual assaults between 2012 and 2019, targeting “women in grocery stores, coffee shops, and other public places.”

“Weinberg would approach the women who were in their 20-30s, under the guise of being a photographer and would set up photo shoots with them. Once the women were in his residence, he would sexually assault them during the photo shoot,” the release said.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't think Bean is a creep. The actress he referenced even spoke up for him despite the fact that she disagreed with him. 

I would agree.  Bean is in his mid 60's.  I'm guessing you could ask him about almost any change and he would say it was better the way they did it back in the good old days, but the actress does say that Bean made her feel comfortable and talked with her about what was going on. 

People always prefer things they way they were done in their 20's - 30's.  This is a great reason we should get younger decision makers... in a lot of areas.

• True 2

2 hours ago, Derek said:
61588873-0-image-a-22_1661110333362.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Gary Busey, 78, was spotted sitting in a California park with his pants down smoking a cigar the day after being charged with groping three woman at a convention in NJ last...

Just cranking one out at the park.

Busey doubling down on the sex crimes.

gary-busey-file-gty-ml-220820_1661025835
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

The actor was a featured celebrity at the convention, held from Aug. 12-14.

erdv3yn78d941.png?auto=webp&s=080c922008

And it continues, she either just turned 25 or was about to:

qjyk8g6p6yk91.jpg

But wait, there's more!

Camila made her grand entrance to the world during Gemini season in 1997, but before you fully panic, her love story with Leo did not start there. Actually, their story started over a decade ago, when Camila was about 12 years old and her former stepdad Al Pacino (Leo’s longtime bud) introduced the two. According to W, they’re all “old family friends.” Er, yeah. Do with that cringe information what you will.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a30359722/leonardo-dicaprio-camila-morrone-relationship-timeline-age-gap/

I mean, him, Tobey Maguire, and others were part of a group called the "Pussy Posse" in the 1990's, when at least they were at an age where that made that make some sense (their behavior towards women was horrific regardless of age though, back then). I don't think Leonardo DiCaprio has ever changed since. He's also kept it on the downlow but everyone knows he just continues dating hot young models. Not saying it's good, just not surprising. Maguire was allegedly by far the worst offender, and Michael Cera's character in Aaron Sorkin's Molly's Game is mostly based on him.

leonardo-dicaprio-pussy-posse
WWW.COMPLEX.COM

The story behind Leonardo DiCaprio and his Hollywood dudes such Tobey Maguire and Kevin Connolly. Find out more on the Pussy Posse, Don’s Plum, and much more.

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Brick said:

Maguire was the worst how? I can't see him acting like some horndog. Maybe I've watched him as Spider-Man too much.

Oh yeah - he would demean women all the time. There's a famous incident where he once asked Molly Bloom, host of many gambling poker matches, to bark like a seal. I mean, he was very much a member of DiCaprio's group, and that's what they were called, so . . . 

WWW.CARDPLAYER.COM

According to Molly Bloom, who was dubbed the “Poker Princess” for hosting high-stakes underground games that catered to celebrities, actor Tobey Maguire is terrible to have at your home poker game. The New York Post reported that in an excerpt from her new book (“Molly’s Game”) published by Vanity Fair, Bloom said that Maguire once asked her to “bark like a seal who wants a fish” for a $1,000 chip. Maguire also was...

The previous article I posted mentions many more. Maguire may have been able to reinvent his image since, but yeah, he was apparently a really horrible person when younger. There are many other stories out there beyond these as well as I recall. I know it's hard to imagine today but yeah. If you really want to go inside baseball he divorced his wife in 2016 and allegedly literally a day later started meeting up with DiCaprio and doing the club scene at age 41. He allegedly approached Sofia Richie, an American model, who was only 18 at the time but she wasn't interested. I'm 35 years old currently, and I can't imagine, even being rich and famous and in the club, approaching 18 year old girls. Yes, I know it's technically legal but that would not be my go to as a 41-year old divorcee when I have a 10-year old daughter and 7-year old son at home at the time. Just the generation gap, the psychological power dynamic imbalance, everything, just weird to me. 

So, I don't like to follow famous peoples' pop culture personal lives bullshit, but when I hear older men into barely legal young women, especially with the fame, power, money, wealth, prestige, awe, whatever that comes with being famous, I'm just like - that's some weird, gross behavior guy.

23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm 35 years old currently, and I can't imagine, even being rich and famous and in the club, approaching 18 year old girls. Yes, I know it's technically legal but that would not be my go to as a 41-year old divorcee when I have a 10-year old daughter and 7-year old son at home at the time. Just the generation gap, the psychological power dynamic imbalance, everything, just weird to me. 

That's the thing for me, as well. I think a lot of people don't think about the psychological power dynamic, as you put it. In my head, I'm like if I approached someone who was 18 years old to get them to have sex with me, I know exactly what to say and how to act to make that happen. It's manipulative by its very nature. But the people doing it don't see it that way, they just think they're really charming or whatever.

I watched a video about Jeffrey Epstein the other day, and one thing that struck me is that he never saw himself as a predator. He may have known on some level that what he was doing was wrong (he definitely knew it was illegal), but he thought of himself as this really charming guy that girls loved to be around. The power imbalance never occurred to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's the thing for me, as well. I think a lot of people don't think about the psychological power dynamic, as you put it. In my head, I'm like if I approached someone who was 18 years old to get them to have sex with me, I know exactly what to say and how to act to make that happen. It's manipulative by its very nature. But the people doing it don't see it that way, they just think they're really charming or whatever.

I watched a video about Jeffrey Epstein the other day, and one thing that struck me is that he never saw himself as a predator. He may have known on some level that what he was doing was wrong (he definitely knew it was illegal), but he thought of himself as this really charming guy that girls loved to be around. The power imbalance never occurred to him.

Absolutely. I mean, a person can be charming when they're younger, but it's just entirely different. It comes off different. It's maturity. It's having had 23 years of experience on them. One cannot undersell the psychological power imbalance. It's immense. 

• Halal 1

I have many 18-25 year old employees and even at only 37, I feel like I’m talking to children because we are so different culturally.

Once the gap becomes parent/child level, I just assume bad things about the older person :p