Avengers: Endgame Trailer and Discussion Thread

Pikachu

3 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I figured he’d heal too, since that’s something Hulk can do. Maybe Professor Hulk can’t, but if he ever raged out and became Hulk of old it would heal. 

No just like Thanos didn't heal the Hulk wouldn't be able to heal from damage caused by the Infinity Stones.

21 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Not that it would surprise me if he did, but I did not know Thanos was capable of rapid regeneration. Hulk, at least comics version does. 

Thanos is an Eternal and is basically immortal. Regeneration from serious wounds is one of their innate abilities. If he couldn't heal from using the Infinity Stones on a massive scale, The Hulk wouldn't either.

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Thanos is an Eternal and is basically immortal. Regeneration from serious wounds is one of their innate abilities. If he couldn't heal from using the Infinity Stones on a massive scale, The Hulk wouldn't either.

Was Thanos’s entire race Eternals, or was that something they just did for the MCU, Thanos having a race?

18 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Was Thanos’s entire race Eternals, or was that something they just did for the MCU, Thanos having a race?

He talked about his civilization on Titan and the Titans were Eternals. Thanos looked different because he was basically a mutant and carried the Deviant gene. But he is and has always been an Eternal (albeit a Titan one) but an eternal nonetheless. As Great Gamble Said, The Eternals have been around in the comics forever, proabably as long as Thanos, and we'll find out more about them when their movie comes out.

2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

No just like Thanos didn't heal the Hulk wouldn't be able to heal from damage caused by the Infinity Stones.

I was under the impression that Thanos's injury was from the destroy the gems snap not the original kill 50% snap. 

8 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I was under the impression that Thanos's injury was from the destroy the gems snap not the original kill 50% snap. 

Yes Thanos was injured destroying the Infinity Stones and Hulk was injured when he reversed the snap. Both injuries were caused by the Infinity Stones.

2 hours ago, elbobo said:

Thanos was clearly weakened after the first snap and the actual Gauntlet itself was ruined. When he used the Gems a second time, it nearly killed him and caused the permanent damage you saw when the Avengers showed up. The Hulk used the stones once and was injured badly but he was also using an inferior gauntlet which was part of Tony's Iron Man armor and not made by Eitri the Dwarf.

3 hours ago, number305 said:

Looking at this scientifically and trying to figure out how it works is worthless. If some future director has a story that needs full power hulk, then he will be back. 

indeed you are correct. As much fun as is it is to debate the movies and tear them apart (which I do enjoy doing) in the end these are comic book films and as we know nothing is permanent in the comics including and perhaps especially death

......now bring back Quicksilver! 

On 5/8/2019 at 5:54 PM, Brick said:

Shame we'll never get another Iron Man movie (probably). I was holding out hope that we'd get the real Mandarin at some point (even though I loved the twist in Iron Man 3 and thought it was hilarious). I thought they would go the route of Tony retiring, and bringing in Riri Williams as Iron Heart, just so they'd still have RDJ get to play Tony Stark. Quick, someone in the MCU go get the Soul Stone back and use it to bring Tony back to life (if it even has that power in the MCU) :p

Can't really argue that was a great, impactful goodbye to Tony. Quite a little tearjerker.

On 1/30/2019 at 2:06 PM, Kal-El814 said:

They’re not doing a “real” Mandarin, guys. Read the room. 

On 1/30/2019 at 7:26 AM, number305 said:

Kind of.  In a revisionist way, and only if you watch the extra's from like a thor DVD.  But with this version of Ironman probably getting killed off I doubt they ever continue directly with that story line.  

https://movieweb.com/mandarin-ten-rings-future-marvel-movie-mcu/

Kevin Feige recently did an AMA and answered all sorts of questions relating to the MCU. At one point, a fan asked, very specifically, "are there any plans to incorporate the Ten Rings from the first Iron Man, or the 'real' Mandarin?" To which, Feige simply replied, "Yes." And given the way the question was phrased, this could prove to be a very exciting and interesting development as we speed toward Phase 4 of the MCU. Especially when taking into account the implications of the events of Avengers: Endgame

All the naysayers here were wrong! 

10 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

The ten rings in the first Iron Man? Am I not remembering something? I know the Mandarin uses magic ones in the comics but I don't get that question.

The rings were in Iron Man 3, but they were never brought up as having any sort of power if I'm remembering correctly. The Mandarin's logo featured the ten rings as well, but since he was a fake in that movie it pretty much just went away.

• Like 1

https://screenrant.com/marvel-studios-future-plan-next-5-years-movies/

Kevin Feige shares that they have a five-year plan laid out for the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Having been involved with movie adaptions of Marvel stories long before he kicked off the MCU in 2008 with Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau's Iron Man, the producer extraordinaire has an extensive knowledge of the comic brand's stories. And he plans on continuing what they started in terms of translating these narratives onto the big screen with a definitive blueprint on where the beloved superhero universe will go in the next years.

I figure they will be showing a lot at SDCC.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2474355/academy-member-says-theres-no-way-hed-ever-vote-for-an-avengers-movie-to-get-an-oscar

First Man should have been nominated for Best Picture — it probably came in ninth or tenth — and its visual effects are pretty amazing. I think they were produced more on a stage — with models and old-school stuff — than the other nominees', which relied more on CGI, and I really respect that. There's just no way on earth that I will ever vote for anything with the word Avengers in the title; like a lot of people in the Academy, I don't respect money-grabs.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2474946/tony-starks-avengers-endgame-cabin-is-getting-way-more-expensive-on-airbnb

So if you’re still willing to throw down $800 a night to stay in this cabin, what bang do you get for your buck? Well, the three-bedroom cabin is also equipped with a kitchen, an indoor fireplace and Wi-Fi, and there’s also free parking on the premises. And, of course, for those of you who are more outdoors-y, you’ll be able to venture out into the woods nearby to see soak in nature and see if you can spot any wild animals nearby.

Book your stay before they vanish with a snap!

A star of Avengers: Endgame, one of the biggest movies of all time, was completely excised from a modified pirated version of the film — along with everything else in the film seen as feminist or gay.

An anonymous fan edited out shots, scenes and characters in a "defeminized" version circulating now on an illegal streaming site. As well as losing Larson's character, Captain Marvel, the defeminized edit is missing a scene where Hawkeye teaches his daughter to shoot. ("Young women should learn skills to become good wives and mothers and leave the fighting to men," the editor opined in an accompanying document.) The role of Black Panther is minimized. ("He's really not that important.") Spider-Man doesn't get rescued by women characters anymore. ("No need to.") And male characters no longer hug.

This particular defeminized edit is just the latest example of a trend, says Suzanne Scott, a professor of film and media studies at the University of Texas. A similar "chauvinist cut" of 2017's Star Wars: The Last Jedi removed key scenes of women making decisions, giving orders, having ideas and fighting in battle. So much was trimmed, Scott says, that only about 30% of the original film remained.

Should make a few people happy.

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't see how this is a story.  I don't see any numbers attached or any proof this has traction anywhere.  Its just ... hey some whacko somewhere in the world did this and posted it on the internet.  Why shine a light on it or care?

Avengers: Endgame Officially Getting Re-Released With New Footage

Perhaps Avengers: Endgame might be able to beat Avatar's massive box office record after all. The film has lost the majority of its momentum by now, almost two months after its initial release, but it's about to get another major boost to ticket sales. No, it's not just because Spider-Man: Far From Home is arriving in theaters in July. Avengers: Endgame is hitting theaters for a second round, along with some additional footage that didn't make it into the official cut in April.

While attending the Spider-Man: Far From Home press junket in London, ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis spoke exclusively with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who confirmed that Avengers: Endgame was heading back to the big screen for a theatrical re-release. Not only that, but this version of the film will arrive with extra scenes that weren't included in the first theatrical release.

"We are doing that," Feige said of an Endgame re-release with new footage. "I don't know if it's been announced. And I don't know how much... Yeah, we're doing it next weekend."