~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Remarkableriots

Movies Welcome To Marwen trailer

I find this trailer insufferable.

It just looks so, uh, saccharine? Cloying? Excessively hip and quirky/quaint? I don't know the right words, but it looks like it's trying way too hard.

23 hours ago, ort said:

I find this trailer insufferable.

It just looks so, uh, saccharine? Cloying? Excessively hip and quirky/quaint? I don't know the right words, but it looks like it's trying way too hard.

Well, it's written and directed by Robert Zemeckis, so it actually should be really good, the guy has directed:

-I Wanna Hold Your Hand

-Used Cars

-Romancing the Stone

-Back to the Future trilogy

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

-Death Becomes Her

-Forrest Gump

-Contact

-What Lies Beneath

-Cast Away

-Polar Express

-Beowulf

-A Christmas Carol

-Flight

-The Walk

-Allied

So depending on how you feel about all of those movies, you'll probably know how to feel about this one, more or less. He does have a few not so great movies in there but mostly very good movies in there. 

Whenever I see this movie advertised, it just makes me want to seek out the documentary from several years ago. 

I don't know, the entire premise kind of skeeves me out.  Dude copes with the bad things that have happened to him by creating a world of art around him.  Ok, seems fine.  Dude inserts himself into the little fantasy world full of dolls he's created.  Getting a little weird now, but still alright.  Dude fills his fantasy world with all the hot women in his life who constantly support him and think he's the greatest.  That's... really kind of creepy.