~Rate The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched Thread~

17 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

The Babysitter - 9/10

I feel kinda gross enjoying a McG movie so much but here we are. Super fun little horror comedy. Nothing as on point or brilliant as Cabin in the Woods but still a super fun story with a nice little twist on basic horror character tropes. 

it's a fun flick, the sequel isn't bad either, but not as good as the original 

The Girl on the Third Floor - 7/10

So CM Punk made a horror film, so I watched it. It’s decent. The first two acts are kinda standard haunted house stuff. Nothing super interesting. It doesn’t suck but it’s not super memorable either. The third act is a little more fun. I did LOVE the practical effects. It felt like a golden age 80’s horror movie in that regard. I also really enjoyed CM Punk performance. Def pleasantly surprised. I hope he does more stuff. It felt like he could pull off some more interesting roles. As odd as this is to say, it felt like he could do a really good job in an Evil Dead remake, if they did remake more in the the vein of Evil Dead 2 as opposed to the more hardcore remake they did already. I dunno that makes sense, but I think he could pull off that over the top performance that Bruce gave.  Anyway, that’s a long review for a pretty average movie haha

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

Teenage Bounty Hunters

A light fun series with great chemistry between the leads. Also the whitest thing on Earth and I say this as Whitey Mcwhite 

7.5/10

I was shocked by how much I liked it.  I truly am looking forward to Season 2.

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Whats it about?

It's a movie in 2 parts really but I don't want to give away too much. I'll just say it's a found footage Japanese zombie film.

If you have Shudder, it's under Joe Bob Briggs. Not sure if there's a standalone version.

edit: also wanted to add that it was made for only $25,000 and made $27M.

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Cemetery Man: 8/10 - Pleasantly surprised by this one. It's a horror movie similar in style of Dead Alive. Got some goriness with some dry comedy mixed in. This is a little bit on the more serious side than Dead Alive though. The director has worked with Argento so he actually loves making movies and the artistic side shows through the cinematography. It gets a little strange at the end but it's a fun ride.

The Hunt - 8/10

Finally got around to seeing this last night, and I really enjoyed it.  The little role reversal for this style of movie was fun and refreshing.  Without giving much away i really loved how unexpected some of the characters were haha.  The final confrontation was also great.  I guess technically it falls under horror since it has people hunting other people and Blumhouse made it but there's nothing really scary at all nor does it even every really try to be scary.  Fun way to kill 90 minutes.

15 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

The Hunt - 8/10

Finally got around to seeing this last night, and I really enjoyed it.  The little role reversal for this style of movie was fun and refreshing.  Without giving much away i really loved how unexpected some of the characters were haha.  The final confrontation was also great.  I guess technically it falls under horror since it has people hunting other people and Blumhouse made it but there's nothing really scary at all nor does it even every really try to be scary.  Fun way to kill 90 minutes.

watched it tonight, thought it was more like a 6-6.5, fun but forgettable 

Doctor Sleep - 9/10

Man I really loved it. It’s super long but it never dragged for me. The villains were super interesting and I loved all the little parallels they drew to the original. Was nice to watch a horror movie where the protagonists dont do dumb shit. They’re strong and they’re up against a stronger adversary. And it plays out that way. Loved it. 

On 10/18/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mercury33 said:

Doctor Sleep - 9/10

Man I really loved it. It’s super long but it never dragged for me. The villains were super interesting and I loved all the little parallels they drew to the original. Was nice to watch a horror movie where the protagonists dont do dumb shit. They’re strong and they’re up against a stronger adversary. And it plays out that way. Loved it. 

I really enjoyed the first act focusing on Danny most. I don't really care for the rest of the story much myself but that was all really well done, especially the scenes with Wendy and him in their little apartment which genuinely made me uneasy.  

Midsommar - ummm/10

Finally got around to seeing this. First off, this is arguably the most beautiful horror movie since Susparia. And talk about patience. That was almost a 2 hour slow burn. And 2 of the most unsettling hours I’ve ever watched. I’d say my only real disappointment was I would have liked to have seen more of what happened to the others. Instead of just glimpses of it towards the end. I thought the extreme brutality of the scene at the cliff was perfect with how peaceful and beautiful everything had been so far. I would have liked to have seen just a little more of that towards the end. I get that not really knowing adds to the unsettling nature of the whole movie but still, personally I would have liked a bit better payoff. 

15 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

The Escape Room - 6/10

Its enjoyable for the most part. I just feel like there’s a lot more they could have done with it in the creative department. 

looking forward to seeing where they go with the sequel 

14 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Midsommar - ummm/10

Finally got around to seeing this. First off, this is arguably the most beautiful horror movie since Susparia. And talk about patience. That was almost a 2 hour slow burn. And 2 of the most unsettling hours I’ve ever watched. I’d say my only real disappointment was I would have liked to have seen more of what happened to the others. Instead of just glimpses of it towards the end. I thought the extreme brutality of the scene at the cliff was perfect with how peaceful and beautiful everything had been so far. I would have liked to have seen just a little more of that towards the end. I get that not really knowing adds to the unsettling nature of the whole movie but still, personally I would have liked a bit better payoff. 

ummm/10 feels right. Definitely an interesting film and glad I saw it, though I'm not sure I would say it was really all that enjoyable. That being said, Florence was fantastic in it. 

spacer.png

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: 9/10 - I think it was really good. It's certainly relevant to today's issues but I think what makes it really special is that they somehow managed to find someone as crazy as Cohen to play his daughter. But on top of the laughs they somehow managed to tell a heartfelt narrative.

18 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

spacer.png

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm: 9/10 - I think it was really good. It's certainly relevant to today's issues but I think what makes it really special is that they somehow managed to find someone as crazy as Cohen to play his daughter. But on top of the laughs they somehow managed to tell a heartfelt narrative.

I watched it and it was very entertaining. They also timed the release perfectly and the whole Rudy thing, good lord. :daydream:

• Thanks 1

Would You Rather - 10/10

How the hell did I miss this when it came out a few years ago? Jefferey Combs as the antagonist? Hell yes! The movie doesn’t invent the wheel in any way, it’s not even scary just kinda fucked up. But in a fun popcorn kinda way, not in a weird ruins the rest of your day way like Midsommar. Loved it, loved it, loved it.