James Gunn's "The Suicide Squad" OT - update: new poster released, new trailer 26 March 2021

11 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I guess he's the designated "dude with the guns" character.

To be fair, in thsi line up of the team there's several. He seems to be specifically playing Deadshot though. EDIT 1: He isn't :p

5 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I don't know the character but he's Bloodsport? I had to check IMDB because i couldn't read the name in the trailer.

Bloodsport?  No idea who that is... I knew there was a Marvel villain named Bloodsport.

EDIT 2:

Just looked him up... this is how forgetable the character is. I actually have the comic that the thrid version of this chracter first appeared in and it rang ZERO bells :lol:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

To be fair, in thsi line up of the team there's several. He seems to be specifically playing Deadshot though.

Bloodsport?  No idea who what is... I knew there was a Marvel villain named Bloodsport.

Looked into it further and he's playing the Robert DuBois version of Bloodsport. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodsport_(comics)

First appearing in Superman Vol. 2 #4 (April 1987), an African-American man named Robert DuBois has a mental breakdown and becomes obsessed with the Vietnam War after learning that his brother, Michael aka "Micky", had gone to fight in his place after he became scared, which caused Michael to become a quadruple amputee.[3]

An agent of Lex Luthor persuades DuBois that Superman is the enemy and supplies DuBois with a teleporter and weapons including bullets made from kryptonite.[4]

DuBois adopts the name Bloodsport, rampaging through Metropolis, murdering many in the name of him and his brother, and later injures Superman with the kryptonite bullets before collapsing when confronted by his brother.[5] He is taken back to a psychiatric hospital.[6]

Bloodsport appears in JLA/Avengers as a villain who ambushes Vision and Aquaman with a group of other villains. He fights Iron Man and is restrained by Green Lantern.

Bloodsport was killed during a fight with Alex Trent, the second Bloodsport.

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

To be fair, in thsi line up of the team there's several. He seems to be specifically playing Deadshot though. EDIT 1: He isn't :p

Bloodsport?  No idea who that is... I knew there was a Marvel villain named Bloodsport.

EDIT 2:

Just looked him up... this is how forgetable the character is. I actually have the comic that the thrid version of this chracter first appeared in and it rang ZERO bells :lol:

That's the genius of it. He's going to again take characters nobody has heard of and make them insanely popular just like he did with GOTG obviously mixed with a couple characters people know.

16 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

That's the genius of it. He's going to again take characters nobody has heard of and make them insanely popular just like he did with GOTG obviously mixed with a couple characters people know.

The vibe I’m getting is that this will lean into the suicide mission aspect more than the original movie did. James Gunn is going with a large roster of obscure characters so that he can kill many of them off without much consequence.

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

The vibe I’m getting is that this will lean into the suicide mission aspect more than the original movie did. James Gunn is going with a large roster of obscure characters so that he can kill many of them off without much consequence.

Pretty much what the current comic is doing as well. The other tip off is that they said they were leaning into the 70's war movie genre which typically features a lot of the main characters dying as the movie progresses.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

SHit they probable explain Will Smith's Deadshot not being there because he dies in the first 5 minutes :p Gunn would TOTALLY do something like that :lol:

I think Will Smith's ego would prevent that, as funny as that would be haha. If Deadshot is dead then he probably died off screen, ala Independence Day Resurgence. 

12 minutes ago, Brick said:

I think Will Smith's ego would prevent that, as funny as that would be haha. If Deadshot is dead then he probably died off screen, ala Independence Day Resurgence. 

Or they could have a stuntman in a Deadshot suit with the mask on get his head blown off... Will Smith would have no say over that and if they ever wanted to retcon it they could just say it WASN'T HIM. Everyone wins!

angry gary oldman GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Reminded me of another movie called Executive Decision which took me awhile to remember what the movie was even called!

You talking about how Steaven Segal died hilariously in the first 15 minutes despite being featured prominently in all of the commericals? I remember seeing that movie and being shocked when he died! I was like "Holy shit! Maybe he had a parachute :p."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

On first glance I thought it looked good - however I was assuming that both characters on the left were going to get massive CGI done to them.  I didn't know really who the peacemaker was.  But that is Cena's finished look... that helmet looks absurd.  Apparently they like it since HBO already signed up a miniseries for the character.  I'm not a fan of Cena's acting anyways but that look is going to take a lot of adjusting from me to take it serious.

8 minutes ago, number305 said:

On first glance I thought it looked good - however I was assuming that both characters on the left were going to get massive CGI done to them.  I didn't know really who the peacemaker was.  But that is Cena's finished look... that helmet looks absurd.  Apparently they like it since HBO already signed up a miniseries for the character.  I'm not a fan of Cena's acting anyways but that look is going to take a lot of adjusting from me to take it serious.

I don't think you are supposed to take it seriously, I think the point is that they are leaning into the really ridiculous nature of a team of villains that are all kind of jokes.

I really hope that James Gunn found the right tone for this, because what I've seen so far hasn't impressed.

Just that one shot looks like it's from two entirely different movies. Like the characters on the left fell out of a more vivid film and into something with the wrong color grading.

• Guillotine 1

25 minutes ago, number305 said:

Wait... Polka-Dot Man?  So that isn't a mo-cap suit?  lol.  

Maybe they will surprise me... but I have low expectations.  

Polka-Dot Man is known for "committing grandiose crimes revolving around a bizarre theme of polka dots." He takes the dots off his suit and throws them at his enemies. They have hidden technology in them. lol.

1 hour ago, number305 said:

Wait... Polka-Dot Man?  So that isn't a mo-cap suit?  lol.  

Maybe they will surprise me... but I have low expectations.  

Nope that's his actual costume, and it's going to be so over the top ridiculous. If this is rated R, or even just a hard PG-13, I can't wait to see what James Gunn can do.