This just happened about 1.5 miles away from where I live

Commissar SFLUFAN

Thank you to @Jwheel86 for asking if I was still alive :p

WTOP.COM

A house in Arlington, Virginia, exploded Monday night only minutes after police posted on social media about a suspect setting off a flare gun inside a home.

• Shocked 2
  • Hugs 2

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Did you hear anything or were you sound asleep and had to hear a story from your neighbor there was an explosion like last time?

8 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I had ear buds on at the time of the explosion, but I can see a bit of the glow from the fire from my building's top floor.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Did you hear it?

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

Now that's a man who loves his Taco Bell. 

* loved

WWW.ARLNOW.COM

James Yoo, 56, is presumed dead as a result of the explosion of the duplex at 844 N. Burlington Street, in the Bluemont neighborhood, Arlington County police confirmed during a news conference this afternoon.

James Yoo, 56, is presumed dead as a result of the explosion of the duplex at 844 N. Burlington Street, in the Bluemont neighborhood, Arlington County police confirmed during a news conference this afternoon.

Human remains were located at the scene, said Arlington County Police Chief Andy Penn, and the medical examiner is working to identify the remains. There are no ongoing threats to the community and no outstanding suspects, Penn added.

Neighbors told ARLnow that Yoo had previously pulled a knife on people looking at the house while it was listed for sale for a few months in 2021. Three days before Monday’s incident he had posted a paranoid rant on Linkedin against his neighbors in the duplex, at the end of quiet street that dead-ends at the Bluemont Junction Trail, near Arlington County Fire Station No. 2.

Penn said that police are now aware of Yoo’s “concerning” social media posts, but noted that he was otherwise largely off the police department’s radar before last night.

Wilson — the neighbor who took the video of the explosion from his roof — described Yoo as a recluse and said he had aluminum foil covering the windows.

After the home was listed for sale a couple of years ago, Yoo chased would-be buyers off with a knife, according to Wilson. Real estate records show the home was taken off the market on at the end of 2021.