Anyone here have a "smart" wallet?

Brick

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I've always carried my wallet in the front pocket simply because it makes it far more difficult to pickpocket.

Makes sense.  My "old-style" leather wallet always felt bulky when I did that, so I didn't do that.

I was more concerned about pickpockets when I lived in Brazil, instead of a wallet, I used to put money in my hat or shoe when going to "sketchier" places.

DECADENTMINIMALIST.COM

Our DM1 design has been improved with the 2020 Model. All external edges are now rounded for comfort and the long edges are scalloped for an appealing hourglass shape. Photos will be updated soon. Quantities are very limited - but we are adding stock every day. DM1 Titanium is the wallet our customers have been demanding! Made from a single piece of Pure Titanium, cut into the iconic Decadent Minimalist shape to positively retain even a...

This is the wallet I bought (on Kickstarter for about half this price).

After 7 years, the coating hasn't warn at all, and it hasn't warped, gotten loose or deteriorated in any way.

def goes in the front pocket. just feels more secure up there. 

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
DECADENTMINIMALIST.COM

Our DM1 design has been improved with the 2020 Model. All external edges are now rounded for comfort and the long edges are scalloped for an appealing hourglass shape. Photos will be updated soon. Quantities are very limited - but we are adding stock...

After 7 years, the coating hasn't warn at all, and it hasn't warped, gotten loose or deteriorated in any way.

169 dollars??? my god 

CORONADOLEATHER.COM

The Bison Heritage Billfold No. 12 is our first hand-sewn wallet made from our signature shrunken American Bison leather and Horween® inside trim.   A handsome, premium crafted wallet constructed from two unique leathers.  Each billfold is precision die-cut, split to the optimum thickness and reinforced with a clear-co

I've used a variation of this one for about 7 years. Only thing I didn't like about it is it doesn't have a clear ID holder for quickly showing so I made one myself that fits in the front pocket.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:
DECADENTMINIMALIST.COM

Our DM1 design has been improved with the 2020 Model. All external edges are now rounded for comfort and the long edges are scalloped for an appealing hourglass shape. Photos will be updated soon. Quantities are very limited - but we are...

237 dollars! Yeah no. 

8 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Call me old fashion but I hate those minimalist wallets. They sacrifice useability for size. Give me a billfold anyday. 

I don't need anything bigger. I got like 5 card shaped objects and that's it. No point in a fold for me.

I have a Ridge and I like it. My mom got me a Code 118 last year for Christmas and I love it and I've been carrying it since. It's similar to Ekster in function, but cheaper. I just have a few cards and I almost never carry cash. Both wallets have a cash strap for when I do have a few bills and it's never been a problem.

I'd never go back to a traditional wallet. Give me slim functionality any day.

47 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't need anything bigger. I got like 5 card shaped objects and that's it. No point in a fold for me.

Yeah but its annoying to have to actually use anything in that stack.

My id is easily shown with a flip. I can quickly get anything out of my wallet while with a minimalist card stack you have to dig out whatever you want.

Ill take a slightly bulkier wallet for being able to quickly access everything in it. 

6 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Yeah but its annoying to have to actually use anything in that stack.

My id is easily shown with a flip. I can quickly get anything out of my wallet while with a minimalist card stack you have to dig out whatever you want.

Ill take a slightly bulkier wallet for being able to quickly access everything in it. 

Well, mine isn't the same as the other minimalist wallets. I posted it above but it isn't a card stack. It's more like an inside-out wallet. I can slide out any card with just my thumb and it does have an id port. I'd never buy the card stack ones.

81a4JBhy2uL.__AC_SX342_SY445_QL70_ML2_.j89f1d08b430555cf9c5c90e6dc227744.png

So, I do have easy access to everything and I don't even have to open it up. I can just flash my id.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Well, mine isn't the same as the other minimalist wallets. I posted it above but it isn't a card stack. It's more like an inside-out wallet. I can slide out any card with just my thumb and it does have an id port. I'd never buy the card stack ones.

81a4JBhy2uL.__AC_SX342_SY445_QL70_ML2_.j89f1d08b430555cf9c5c90e6dc227744.png

So, I do have easy access to everything and I don't even have to open it up. I can just flash my id.

That one isn't too bad but I carry more cards than that and I prefer not to have my ID shown unless I open my wallet. And TBH I don't really think its that much smaller than my ol trusty bifold. 

In terms of girth, it is smaller for sure. And it's at least half the size of a bifold. And the ID thing is a non-issue. I mean, it's my ID. It exists to show it to other people. Even with having 6 different cards in it, it is WAY thinner than a normal wallet.

71I4BIoUtxL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Xm2Ws9x.png