Anyone here have a "smart" wallet?

Brick

I mean, no wallet is very big except for a dad's trifold. Mo fuckers still got their blockbuster card in there and like 30 pictures and 100 movie tickets.

For me it's not even about the thinness, tho I do like that, it's that I have instant access to everything. It's great just being able to slide out a card or show my ID like it's a badge. It's just one more way to make life ever so slightly more convenient.

10 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Yeah but its annoying to have to actually use anything in that stack.

My id is easily shown with a flip. I can quickly get anything out of my wallet while with a minimalist card stack you have to dig out whatever you want.

Ill take a slightly bulkier wallet for being able to quickly access everything in it. 

The one I bought the DM1 (which seems to have more than doubled in price from when I bought it) is really easy -- it has two open card faces (effectively having two cards that you don't even have to remove to show).  And slipping them out is super easy.

The minimalist wallets that have an elastic strap look like a PITA to use, and I've heard fall apart in a couple of years.

ive used ridge wallets for the last 8 years. Recently bought a new one that supports an apple tag. Game changer. I use a phone case that can carry a card and license when I go to Vikings games just so I dont have to have an extra thing in my pocket, but i generally dont like to have all my "eggs in one basket". If I misplace my phone, I dont want to lose my ID.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Can you explain the difference to an idiot looking for a new wallet?

Code 118 has a little slider that makes your cards pop up for easier access.

CODE-WALLETS.COM

We design premium wallets, everyday carry items & lifestyle essentials. Our products are made from the most advanced elements on earth — including carbon fiber, space-grade aluminum, grade-5 titanium, and more. Guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Ridge wallets you have to physically push up with your fingers to spread apart the cards. I just find the Code 118 style easier. Ekster is also the same style at Code 118, but more expensive like the Ridge. But I've had mt Code 118 for a year and it's still good as new, so I'm not sure there's much difference in quality and it's like a third of the price as the others, or at least half, depending on sales.

RIDGE.COM

Discover thoughtful collections of elevated everyday essentials. Shop wallets, keycases, travel essentials, & more.

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Code 118 has a little slider that makes your cards pop up for easier access.

CODE-WALLETS.COM

We design premium wallets, everyday carry items & lifestyle essentials. Our products are made from the most advanced elements on earth — including carbon fiber, space-grade aluminum, grade-5 titanium, and more. Guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Ridge wallets you have to physically push up with your fingers to spread apart the cards. I just find the Code 118 style easier. Ekster is also the same style at Code 118, but more expensive like the Ridge. But I've had mt Code 118 for a year and it's still good as new, so I'm not sure there's much difference in quality and it's like a third of the price as the others, or at least half, depending on sales.

RIDGE.COM

Discover thoughtful collections of elevated everyday essentials. Shop wallets, keycases, travel essentials, & more.

how many cards does code118 hold?

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

how many cards does code118 hold?

Says 1-7, plus a few more in the cash strap if you need it. 

I’ve fit 6 with no issue, but I don’t have a ton of cards. I currently have my DL, 3 credit cards, and a debit card in mine. 

If you need more space, I’d say go for a Ridge or Ekster, depending on your preference with how they function. But with what I carry, the Code 118 has been excellent for me and the price is way cheaper. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Says 1-7, plus a few more in the cash strap if you need it. 

I’ve fit 6 with no issue, but I don’t have a ton of cards. I currently have my DL, 3 credit cards, and a debit card in mine. 

If you need more space, I’d say go for a Ridge or Ekster, depending on your preference with how they function. But with what I carry, the Code 118 has been excellent for me and the price is way cheaper. 

oh man my one now only fits 3 is why I asked - and it snaps into the iphone?

34 minutes ago, SmugPrick said:

ive used ridge wallets for the last 8 years. Recently bought a new one that supports an apple tag. Game changer. I use a phone case that can carry a card and license when I go to Vikings games just so I dont have to have an extra thing in my pocket, but i generally dont like to have all my "eggs in one basket". If I misplace my phone, I dont want to lose my ID.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Will look Ridge up.

I asked for one for Christmas

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

oh man my one now only fits 3 is why I asked - and it snaps into the iphone?

Oh, it does? That’s cool, but I’ve always carried mine separate. Just personal preference. 

Just check each of them out on the specs and how they look and pick the one you like best. 

I was happy with my Ridge for a year and then my mom got me the Code 118 for Christmas last year and I’ve been carrying it since. She likes hers and she also got my brother and his roommate the same wallet and they’ve been carrying theirs since. I might switch back to my Ridge soon, since I kinda like to alternate. And my Ridge is blue and the Code 118 is green, so it’s nice to be able to switch colors when I want. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, it does? That’s cool, but I’ve always carried mine separate. Just personal preference. 

Just check each of them out on the specs and how they look and pick the one you like best. 

I was happy with my Ridge for a year and then my mom got me the Code 118 for Christmas last year and I’ve been carrying it since. She likes hers and she also got my brother and his roommate the same wallet and they’ve been carrying theirs since. I might switch back to my Ridge soon, since I kinda like to alternate. And my Ridge is blue and the Code 118 is green, so it’s nice to be able to switch colors when I want. 

In just need to know, is Code118 mag supportive so I can snap it to my iphone?

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, it might not be. Sorry. :( I saw a little mag holder that's supposed to fit an iphone 12(don't know why it wouldn't fit a newer iPhone) but it only holds like 3 cards.

Im sure it will happen someday. I’m just so in love with the wallet snapping to my phone.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I might be dumb, but I'm not seeing the function on Ridge wallets, either.

The function is for men who hate having extra bulk in their jeans. Thats the only reason I got one and continue to be faithful to them. Its nice having the integrated apple tag too so theres no panic when you misplace your wallet.