Taco Bell sued for falsely advertising the amount of beef in Crunchwraps and Mexican pizzas

Jason

Taco Bell is the only fast food I eat with any kind of regularity. I don't care what they put in it.

And I hate when people go like "why do you eat Taco Bell, you live by like 7 great taco spots."

Taco Bell is NOT Mexican food. Eating at a good taco spot does NOT scratch the itch that Taco Bell does. It's not the same thing. It's like asking why someone wants to eat pad thai when there are so many ramen restaurants around. Other than being vaguely Asian and having noodles, the two things don't really have that much in common. Same with Mexican food and Taco Bell.

Taco Bell is its own cuisine.

• True 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

1 minute ago, DarkStar189 said:

I’ve been burned many of times by the Crunchwrap and it’s amount of beef.  Even the times I say double the meat I’ll pay extra. They charge me extra and there’s still not enough.

Homeboy at the grill station is probably on complete autopilot. Everything gets one scoop.

I do the same thing sometimes behind the bar. Someone asks me for something, but once I actually start making a cocktail, my brain turns off and I just autopilot my way through something. If I actually paid full attention to everything I did throughout the day, my brain would explode.

• Like 1

I think taco bell is only OK. It is never my go to but I can get it if someone else is. I haven't had taco bell since I last posted in the taco bell thread I made.

I'd rather get pizza or chinese or some kind of fried chicken.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I think taco bell is only OK. It is never my go to but I can get it if someone else is. I haven't had taco bell since I last posted in the taco bell thread I made.

I'd rather get pizza or chinese or some kind of fried chicken.

It's the only fast food place I'll eat. 

On the one hand it's always hard for me to cheer for a corporation, especially one that is clearly misleading its potential customers.

On the other hand it's Taco Bell. It has never once occurred to me to investigate the actual ingredients in the garbage. I know it's garbage. The less I know about what it is, the better, in fact. 

• Halal 2

52 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

On the other hand it's Taco Bell. It has never once occurred to me to investigate the actual ingredients in the garbage. I know it's garbage. The less I know about what it is, the better, in fact. 

In fact, this should be the entirety of Taco Bell's defense strategy.

"Your honor, if it pleases the court, I'd like to state for the record that the defendant is -- in fact -- Taco Bell.  We rest our case."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not entirely sure what this suit will accomplish? It's an open 'secret' that for marketing purposes, brands will have food stylists for shoots and often times, the food may not even be fully cooked like it would be when served to a patron, merely made to LOOK delicious to sell more. Literally all food companies do this. So to that end, either the case will be tossed out ... OR ... what I would like to see is more truth in advertising going forward. Then, in turn, perhaps we can see some who are wanting to take advantage, really step their games up going forward for all of our benefit!

8 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Not entirely sure what this suit will accomplish? It's an open 'secret' that for marketing purposes, brands will have food stylists for shoots and often times, the food may not even be fully cooked like it would be when served to a patron, merely made to LOOK delicious to sell more. Literally all food companies do this. So to that end, either the case will be tossed out ... OR ... what I would like to see is more truth in advertising going forward. Then, in turn, perhaps we can see some who are wanting to take advantage, really step their games up going forward for all of our benefit!

I actually kinda want the pictures to keep looking better. I don’t want to walk around looking at a bunch of sad ass looking food