What restaurant is surprisingly good?

Chris-

I was at a wedding this weekend and there was a gap between the ceremony and reception, so we decided to go to Hooters and ended up ordering some drinks and wings. Their wings are actually shockingly good, it can be hard to pull off breaded wings but they nailed it. I wish there were more sauces (I got Chipotle Honey or whatever it’s called) but their standard Buffalo is pretty decent as well. Never would have expected Hooters to have decent food but here we are. 

The appetizer menu at all of those chain restaurants is bomb tbh.

It makes sense, they all order that shit from Sysco. When someone tells me that [insert chain restaurant] has the next mozzarella sticks" I'm like... They're literally the same mozzarella sticks as every other chain restaurant. They come in a bag, they're flash fried and they get delivered on Tuesdays.

Doesn't mean I won't eat like 12 of them.

The one and only time I was at Hooters, the wings were just ok. The restaurant ended up closing down a short time later, so maybe they were just cooking off the last of their stock, probably buried in the way back of the freezer for several months. 

As for fast food, Taco Bell has been consistently good with me.

I used to go to Applebee's quite a bit. They always seemed good. Chili's, not so much.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I think Olive Garden gets too much hate. Their breadsticks and salad are still bangin.

I never order actual food there because I don't like it. All you can eat salad and breadsticks for me. I always like to scare the waitress when she asks would you like more salad and bread. I say yes and by the way what time do you close?

Just now, Biggie said:

I never order actual food there because I don't like it. All you can eat salad and breadsticks for me. I always like to scare the waitress when she asks would you like more salad and bread. I say yes and by the way what time do you close?

Yea, I know a guy here at work that does that exact thing. Their salads are freshly made in house as well as their breadsticks. The food is frozen shipped in unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Best sushi I ever had was in Kyoto so I can’t bring myself to eat it here still.

Yea because I know the place is beautiful with many temples and shrines. I thought they had shitty sushi from your post. 

Now, if I were there I'd eat the sushi 🍣 

4 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Best sushi I ever had was in Kyoto so I can’t bring myself to eat it here still.

Im planning on going next year so I’m excited to try it, though I don’t like the idea of it actually ruining it here lol

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

本当 に とても おいしい でした か

Worth it 100%. I even liked the sea urchin there.

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im planning on going next year so I’m excited to try it, though I don’t like the idea of it actually ruining it here lol

Means just go back to Japan lol

• Hugs 1
  • Hype 1

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Worth it 100%. I even liked the sea urchin there.

Means just go back to Japan lol

Ooooooo I’ll def be trying the sea urchin, I did have it good once here at some place in SF but I’m sure it’s miles better there and yeah most places it’s awful. 

And yeah the good thing is if it really does ruin Sushi for me I can go back whenever!

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Ooooooo I’ll def be trying the sea urchin, I did have it good once here at some place in SF but I’m sure it’s miles better there and yeah most places it’s awful. 

And yeah the good thing is if it really does ruin Sushi for me I can go back whenever!

Fairly Oddparents Burn GIF

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve never had good sea urchin until there.

Flights from SFO to Narita are cheap and easy too.

*Goes to google flights 

• Like 1