Bungie's next game: Marathon (PvP Extraction FPS) for PC/PS5/Xbox Series

SaysWho?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Bungie's next game: Marathon (PvP Extraction FPS) for PC/PS5/Xbox Series
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I was really hoping it would be a rejuvination of fhe original Marathon series :(

So is this just a cynical reuse of the brand elements? Because the art style of the game doesn’t seem in-line with anything I just read about those games, other than ‘you can play with other people’. 

Neat, a Bungie game dedicated to PvP seems like a good move since Destiny isn't exactly a drop-in drop-out game. I think extraction shooters get a bad rap due to how punishing and unapproachable Tarkov is, but other games in the genre like Hunt Showdown are pretty chill experiences.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If you consider Hunt Showdown to be a "chill" experience, I'm absolutely terrified to contemplate what experiences you'd consider to be "intense" :lol:

It has a bit of a learning curve but once you understand how to deal with the various AI there’s a lot of chill hunting before it’s time to showdown with players. I think Hunt is a much more casual experience than round-based FPS’ like CS or Siege that are all PvP all the time. 

• Halal 1

As soon as a game becomes free to play, I immediately lose interest. Developers intentionally make free-to-play games suck so that you buy shit to make it enjoyable until it starts to suck again, rinse and repeat. There are exceptions, of course, but not that many.

7 hours ago, Moa said:

Neat, a Bungie game dedicated to PvP seems like a good move since Destiny isn't exactly a drop-in drop-out game. I think extraction shooters get a bad rap due to how punishing and unapproachable Tarkov is, but other games in the genre like Hunt Showdown are pretty chill experiences.

I feel like we lost bungie’s incredible multiplayer prowess at a very strange time in the industry. Like, destiny’s multi could be quite good at times but it wasn’t the thrill that halo was. I especially miss great big team battle type stuff from them. 

So I’m cautiously optimistic. Let’s get away from the destiny formula. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I feel like we lost bungie’s incredible multiplayer prowess at a very strange time in the industry. Like, destiny’s multi could be quite good at times but it wasn’t the thrill that halo was. I especially miss great big team battle type stuff from them. 

So I’m cautiously optimistic. Let’s get away from the destiny formula. 

Halo 3 was their peak imo.