Marvel Studios' 'The Eternals' Trailer and Information Thread (Update: Final Trailer!)

Pikachu

Read up on the alt ending and some Thanos and Starfox stuff…. Soooooo… 

Spoiler

Thanos is an Eternal? And he rebelled against the celestials, but part of his plan to “hinder” them was the snap…? Apparently in flashbacks that they decided not to use and/or film, he and Starfox were part of a group of Eternals that were on Titan and Thanos was a “prime eternal” like Ajax… wut? I’m not even close to up to speed with comics, but this sounds like an insane retcon. I know he’s an Eternal in the comics, but I think Eternals are a bit different in the comics too, right?

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Read up on the alt ending and some Thanos and Starfox stuff…. Soooooo… 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Thanos and Starfox were Eternals in the comics too... Eternals from Titan. In fact in the current Eternals comic, Thanos just took over the earth Eternals. Thanos' and Starfox' Father Mentor was an Earth Eternal who left and went to Titan and founded a whole new colony of Eternals. I don't know what the alt ending to the movie was, but him being an Eternal isn't a retcon. In fact in the comics it was rumored that he was a eternal with the Deviant gene... which is why he looked so different.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
  Hide contents

Thanos and Starfox were Eternals in the comics too... Eternals from Titan. In fact in the current Eternals comic, Thanos just took over the earth Eternals. Thanos' and Starfox' Father Mentor was an Earth Eternal who left and went to Titan and founded a whole new colony of Eternals. I don't know what the alt ending to the movie was, but him being an Eternal isn't a retcon. In fact in the comics it was rumored that he was a eternal with the Deviant gene... which is why he looked so different.

Spoiler

The retcon being his reason for the snap/killing half of populations.

Alt (apparently original ending that Marvel/Dis wouldn’t sign off on) @skillzdadirecta + deleted/unfilmed scenes: 

Spoiler

Alt ending: Tiamut is born, everyone on Earth dies, all the Earth-Eternals are pulled back and it ends with their memories being wiped, Ajax is being rebuilt. Marvel/Dis put the nix on this as they didn’t want this to be a multiverse heavy movie on top of all the new lore they dropped with Eternals and Celestials.

Deleted and unfilmed/unfinished scenes: shows Thanos with Starfox on Titan finding out “the truth” and thus coming up with the plan of “saving” planets from the Celestials via killing half the populations to prevent/slow-down new Celestials being born. Thanos rejects his Eternal-Prime status to cut himself off from Arisham and removes that yellow-stone-thing and gives it to Starfox. Thanos was unsuccessful in stopping Titan’s Celestial being born, and that’s how/why it was destroyed (retconning what was told/shown previously in regards to the destruction of Titan)

31 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Alt (apparently original ending that Marvel/Dis wouldn’t sign off on) @skillzdadirecta + deleted/unfilmed scenes: 

Hide contents

Alt ending: Tiamut is born, everyone on Earth dies, all the Earth-Eternals are pulled back and it ends with their memories being wiped, Ajax is being rebuilt. Marvel/Dis put the nix on this as they didn’t want this to be a multiverse heavy movie on top of all the new lore they dropped with Eternals and Celestials.

Deleted and unfilmed/unfinished scenes: shows Thanos with Starfox on Titan finding out “the truth” and thus coming up with the plan of “saving” planets from the Celestials via killing half the populations to prevent/slow-down new Celestials being born. Thanos rejects his Eternal-Prime status to cut himself off from Arisham and removes that yellow-stone-thing and gives it to Starfox. Thanos was unsuccessful in stopping Titan’s Celestial being born, and that’s how/why it was destroyed (retconning what was told/shown previously in regards to the destruction of Titan)

Where did you hear this? Is it on the Bluray or something?

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Where did you hear this? Is it on the Bluray or something?

EnuSfE2sy3VDwhiBVdHsMe.png?w=780
WWW.INDIEWIRE.COM

Zhao says the original ending for her MCU debut had "Twilight Zone" vibes that didn't test well with early viewers.

Emergency Awesome expands upon this as well as the deleted + unfilmed scenes.

Well, if anyone wanted some Eternals prequel stuff, Marvel has a seven chapter comic series up on Webtoon.

0MarvelEternals_mobile_landingpage.jpg?t
WWW.WEBTOONS.COM

An international, all-star creative team of writers and artists presents ETERNALS: THE 500 YEAR WAR! Follow the Eternals in their past encounters against the Deviants in this original 7 episode series! Learn...

On 1/18/2022 at 5:22 AM, Spork3245 said:

Hide contents

That would be a straight up retcon, or maybe more fitting for an alternate universe Thanos, because in the MCU Thanos snapped away half of all life, including animals, while a Celestial's birth requires only sentient life. 

53 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The more I think on this movie the more I like it. The conversations between the Eternals, the different ideologies represented, the way it's shot (on location!), etc. This is one I really enjoyed.

The more I think about it, the more I enjoy how it's just... Different from most MCU flicks. Did I think it was necessarily "better" than Shang-Chi or Black Widow in a vacuum? Maybe not, but both of those movies were like "I've seen this at least 10 times before in the MCU alone"

On 1/21/2022 at 2:02 AM, Fizzzzle said:

The more I think about it, the more I enjoy how it's just... Different from most MCU flicks. Did I think it was necessarily "better" than Shang-Chi or Black Widow in a vacuum? Maybe not, but both of those movies were like "I've seen this at least 10 times before in the MCU alone"

Yeah, exactly. It felt very different, and more tangible in how it was shot. And it had more on its mind as well. It's just this kind of weird, esoteric, beautiful film when Marvel movies aren't usually that. 

On 1/16/2022 at 12:20 AM, Ghost_MH said:

help me out here. I can't think of any real connection between these two. It's wildly random. I stayed away from spoilers, but my wife has a wildly good ear for voices and knew who it was. That's the only reason I even looked it up.

Ummmm it's The Ebony Blade and the ebony, Blade. 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 8:03 AM, BloodyHell said:

But they weren't wrong. It was definitely one of the worst marvel films. Its not a bad movie by any means, but not great either.

I'd be more interested in the prequel talked about above than part 2 of this (though ill watch that too). 

I actually watched it again and was less impressed the second time. 

I mean a majority of critics on Rotten Tomatoes said it was bad and some were even saying that it’s the worst Marvel movie, which is just ridiculous to me. So yes, they are wrong. It’s not a bad movie, and by no means the worst.

49 minutes ago, Komusha said:

I mean a majority of critics on Rotten Tomatoes said it was bad and some were even saying that it’s the worst Marvel movie, which is just ridiculous to me. So yes, they are wrong. It’s not a bad movie, and by no means the worst.

Oh, I definitely think it was one of the worst Marvel Movies. It's a toss up with Thor 2 and IM3. But it isn't unwatchable, its just not a good movie.

42 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Oh, I definitely think it was one of the worst Marvel Movies. It's a toss up with Thor 2 and IM3. But it isn't unwatchable, its just not a good movie.

If you think Iron Man 3 is bad then we may just have to agree to disagree when it comes to movies. :p

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I liked iron Man 3 a lot, but I'm one of the few that loved the Trevor Slattery twist and I generally love Shane Black's sense of humor. Killian was a shit villain, but that's par for the course in the MCU.

Yup. As much as I would have loved to see The Mandarin with his ten magic rings each with distinct powers (and still a little disappointed we still didn't get that with him in Shang-Chi), that twist was brilliant and hilarious. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You thought Iron Man 2 was fantastic? I don't love Iron Man 3 nearly as much as folks here do, but 2 was always regarded as the weakest movie in that trilogy.

To be fair, im not as big on marvel movies as most. I think most are mediocre fun popcorn movies with a few standouts. I loved the Captain America trilogy, I enjoyed Guardians, and the last Thor movie. I love the new Spider-Man movies. I liked the Avengers series, but I thought Endgame was weak beyond the action and fan service. I still think the original Iron Man is very fun. 

Good popcorn flicks is really all I expect of them though, so thats fine.