Wisconsin gonna find out tonight if they can have democracy back, as a treat

8ed7d3bf-f513-4859-b0f6-2b39998038a8-MJS
WWW.JSONLINE.COM

Wisconsin voters are heading to the polls April 4 for the spring general election with the state Supreme Court race on all the ballots.

state Supreme Court is 4-3 conservatives, and this election could tip it 4-3 liberals. 

if it does flip it could mean the end of this unholy gerrymander where dems can win the most votes, but republicans win a supermajority of legislative seats

4a3a1150-99cf-4415-8e40-f3c5f81249c4-act
WWW.JSONLINE.COM

The new Wisconsin map is even more favorable to Republicans than the gerrymandered map created a decade ago.

Nathaniel at 538 hasn't called it but is saying something similar:

"The results on the county level are looking very good for Protasiewicz. She is outperforming Biden almost everywhere. For example, according to the AP, at least 88 percent of the expected vote is now reporting in Dodge, Marathon and Wood counties. Kelly is winning Dodge (a Trump+15 county) by just 2 points. Kelly is winning Marathon (a Trump+18 county) by just 10 points. And Kelly is winning Wood (a Trump+19 county) by just 10 points as well."

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

There's also a special election that would give Republicans a supermajority in the state senate, and some Republican Senators have already floated the idea of immediately impeaching Protasiewiczif she wins

"A win by Protasiewicz would be huge for liberals, but Republicans could cut it off at the knees if they win the special election in Wisconsin’s Senate District 8. If Republican Dan Knodl wins there, Republicans will have the two-thirds legislative majority they need to impeach elected officials — including, potentially, Protasiewicz — from office. (If that happens, Democratic Gov. Tony Evers would appoint a temporary replacement and Wisconsin would just vote on Supreme Court again at this time next year.) Currently, though, Democrat Jodi Habush Sinykin is leading in Senate District 8, 51 percent to 49 percent, with 91 percent of precincts reporting."

Wisconsin Republicans right now.

futurama-bender.gif

For all the hype that crazy Republican states get, I don't think any compare to the obscene disparity between votes per party and what the Congressional makeup looks like.

Has been one of the most outrageous, undemocratic representations in the country for a decade or more.

2 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

There's also a special election that would give Republicans a supermajority in the state senate, and some Republican Senators have already floated the idea of immediately impeaching Protasiewiczif she wins

We are so disfuctional Jesus. Imagine thinking this is "normal". I am uncomfortable with how I am able to define the United States as an oligarchy desperate to keep the oligarchy going. In the face of every new article screaming change is needed now and as crazy as it sounds more oligarchy isn't the solution. 

• True 1

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The Republican in that senate race has declared victory but that’s all who has called it, there’s about 500 votes separating the two and there was still a town not reporting

I fear he is claiming victory because this like pro-wrestling can at times feel scripted.

It's a legitimacy question. He is say yes the election result is so close I can contest and by doing that win the election by him saying he has already won. He could just be an idiot but if he isn't then he would say these kind of things to sow doubt in the election results.

30 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

M0TdbtW.jpg

fyi: if they impeached, Evers appoints a replacement.

Yeah and a new special election to be held next year if what I read is correct. 

but yeah they were absolutely counting on judges to give them the election. At this point conservative judges are using their distance from the political process to rule by fiat to make explicitly unpopular decisions to overturn the elected branches because their political wing isn’t that popular. 

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah and a new special election to be held next year if what I read is correct. 

but yeah they were absolutely counting on judges to give them the election. At this point conservative judges are using their distance from the political process to rule by fiat to make explicitly unpopular decisions to overturn the elected branches because their political wing isn’t that popular. 

Almost as if people that benefit from the status quo want to keep it going dispite all evidence the status quo needs a major shake up.

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

They'll just impeach the next one as well!

Don’t think that’s how it works there. If it does, they’ll just allow the Governor to always appoint liberals and turn off more voters after their spectacular loss yesterday. That would be bad for their majorities in 2024.

She says the reason she switched parties was because she was criticized for using American flag emojis and prayer hands in social media?

That's the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard in my life.

I am now fully convinced someone drove a dump truck full of money to her house a year ago and this was all planned from the beginning. There is no other scenario that makes sense to me. This had to be a setup.

• Halal 4

18 minutes ago, ort said:

She says the reason she switched parties was because she was criticized for using American flag emojis and prayer hands in social media?

That's the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard in my life.

I am now fully convinced someone drove a dump truck full of money to her house a year ago and this was all planned from the beginning. There is no other scenario that makes sense to me. This had to be a setup.

She was also first elected only five months ago and ran as a progressive. This isn't someone who ran as a Joe Lieberman or Joe Manchin type deciding to switch. 

She's obviously full of shit. What a vile turd of a human this woman must be. I hope the money she got for doing this was worth it. 

I like how she's bitching and moaning that people are being mean to her now. Yeah, no shit. Is this a shocker? You're a liar and a fraud. You literally are doing the exact opposite of what you promised to do. People voted for you and gave you money expecting you to do the exact opposite of what you are now doing. You betrayed the trust of your constituents ion the worst way imaginable.

Take your stupid fucking prayer hands emoji and shove it up your ass you fake Christian lying liar who lies.

I hope this draws enough media attention that some hardcore investigative journalists scrutinize everything about this woman's story and get to the bottom of what actually happened here...

6 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

How in the fuck is that legal.

Our system is kinda designed to prevent the will of the people as funny as that sounds. If you think of it as a ruling document for a society of slave owners and a growing and growing ever more powerful urban elite alot of it makes sense.

So something that makes sense a back door if you will. To prevent a majority from running wild without a super majority you have a fillibuster. The Condfederates secuded I think because Lincoln getting elected is a sure fire we are on the wrong side of history moment. The South will kinda try to invent a way for slavery to be the right side of history. There may come a time when you can't fillibuster an antislavery bill basically. Easier to break away and make slavery legal in the country's initial constitution. They mirrored our government because it's what they knew.

• True 1

3 hours ago, Jason said:

She was also first elected only five months ago and ran as a progressive. This isn't someone who ran as a Joe Lieberman or Joe Manchin type deciding to switch. 

Based. Proof Republicans are gonna be progressive until they do that Vince Mcmahon higher power reveal. 

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Our system is kinda designed to prevent the will of the people as funny as that sounds. If you think of it as a ruling document for a society of slave owners and a growing and growing ever more powerful urban elite alot of it makes sense.

So something that makes sense a back door if you will. To prevent a majority from running wild without a super majority you have a fillibuster. The Condfederates secuded I think because Lincoln getting elected is a sure fire we are on the wrong side of history moment. The South will kinda try to invent a way for slavery to be the right side of history. There may come a time when you can't fillibuster an antislavery bill basically. Easier to break away and make slavery legal in the country's initial constitution. They mirrored our government because it's what they knew.

The Republican party was founded as an anti-slavery party. When Lincoln was elected, he did not campaign on abolition of slavery, but he did campaign on ending the expansion of slavery, which to many in the south amounted to the same thing. If the institution of slavery could not expand, it would only be a matter of time until non-slave states held a supermajority in the Senate.