Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I haven't had time to get back to it, but I am having trouble with the second boss after the tutorial -- no real problems up to that point.  The tutorial boss and first boss were beat on ~4th attempt.

I'm pretty sure that I have to rethink my AC build (presently very tanky).

If you're having trouble with a boss it's almost always your build. Which boss specifically are you having trouble with the

Spoiler

one at the top of The Wall? 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - "Official Pilot's Manual" (432 pages) from Future Press to release on November 30
de1151bd7890bc1e2ce8d940bb398031d7c418d9
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

After an 11 year absence, the Armored Core series jet-boosts back into action with Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon. An…

That covers the state of Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon on current-gen consoles. It's not a perfect turnout in terms of hitting 60fps. There are a lot of twists and turns, depending on which mode - or version - of the game you use. What's clear though is, if you want the best 60fps experience, running the PS4 app on a PS5 stands to be a viable workaround. The visual cutbacks run deeper, with a resolution drop, plus pruned back shadows and draw distances but its tighter lock at 60fps services the action well. Otherwise, the frame-rate modes on PS5 and Series X are the next-best options, and worth the trade-offs next to their quality mode. And meanwhile Series S trails the pack, where more regular sub-60fps drops have to be accepted in either mode.

To speak briefly on PC - and while it's not covered in the main video - based on John's reaction, it seems that From Software may finally be taking the platform more seriously. For a start there's support for frame-rates above 60fps (a first for the studio) along with ultrawide and HDR support, and reports of no stutter. It's just a shame that the RT effects being limited to the garage only remain in place on PC when the hardware is there to run them with ease throughout play. So, overall, while it's a touch disappointing that PS5 and Series X performance isn't 100 per cent robust in their native apps, it does seem that PC has receives welcome upgrades this time round. Whichever way you slice it though - and pushing the frame-rate issues aside - this is an exceptional game

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - "Official Pilot's Manual" (432 pages) from Future Press to release on November 30, Digital Foundry Technical Analysis posted
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - Patch 1.02 released
43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did not realize the Arena unlock more customization options for your A.C.  @Keyser_Soze this is the mode I was talking about in earlier games. I fought my way all the way up to number one in those games.

Yup. It's not in the very first one though. However, it is in every one after. You not only do you get extra parts but it's a good boost to your money.

I decided after Another Age I would continue on with the series so I am going to put ACIV on the back burner for a while. AC3 is pretty cool so far, you can bring co-op buddies with you on missions, which is a first for the series.

If anyone is interested I put playthroughs up of the games I've played so far up on youtube.

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 11:51 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's practically all buffs!

It still doesn't change much with the current meta of Zimmermans/Stun Needles.  Kinetic weapons need more buffs.

Balteaus, Sea Spider, and Ibis were unfortunately nerfed to some degree.  Shame, I did like the organic learning difficulty curve for this game.

Trying to S-rank the missions now.  Stuck with Ibis right now, but did find out resupplies do not affect rank.

I'm not looking forward to Ayre, Walter, and Allmind fights.

• 2 weeks later...
WWW.BANDAINAMCOENT.COM

Learn about the new updates to make gameplay balance adjustments and bug fixes.

They had it coming.

From the moment players started blasting their way through Armored Core 6 dual-wielding the Zimmerman shotguns with two Songbirds grenade cannons on their shoulders, it seemed like only a matter of time until FromSoftware took a long, hard look at each weapon and turned down the heat on them both. Heck, after the last patch in early September, it became a community meme that the Zimmerman escaped unscathed. That dominant run ended today with patch 1.03.1, which buffs dozens of weapons and other mecha parts while laser targeting a few nerfs at AC6's most powerful guns.

FromSoftware clearly decided a few weapon types were underperforming and gave them across-the-board improvements. Four bazookas, for example, now have increased projectile speed and faster reloads. Four handguns have increased rounds, making them more viable picks for longer missions.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - Patch 1.03.1 released, players mourn nerfs to favorite weapons

Interesting... I'm stuck on a boss in this and wish I new about these supposed O.P. weapons. Now I need to figure out how to beat this boss straight up.

EDIT: just watched the first part of that best builds video @Commissar SFLUFAN posted and while I'm not going to "cheat" and download any of the builds there, it did give me some ideas on what direction I should go in to beat the boss I'm stuck on. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide
  • 2 months later...