Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think they will continue to do it for awhile but I do think at some point in the next decade or so the talk of it being an accessibility option or not (as in, gating out players with issues like add and poor reflexes from enjoying their games) will be looked at negatively and they will cave. I’m definitely not changing my mind on this so until then you will continue to see me bitch in From threads!

Unless someone has a literal physical handicap that prevents them from playing the games as they were intended, none of these games is so impossibly hard that they need difficulty options. In the 12 years since Dark Souls' release, you could have probably gotten easily good enough at these games to have played them by now rather than choosing to not take the time to "get good" at any point in these past 12 years and instead wait an additional 10 years until they get to making difficulty options unless you do have a physical handicap and are unable to use the controller in the same way most of us do when playing games.

It's like a person who whines for years about losing weight, it's like: "bruh, you've spent more years complaining how you aren't losing weight than taking the 6 months it would have taken in these past 5 years of complaining to have, ya know, just lost the weight so it's not a concern anymore". :p 

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Unless someone has a literal physical handicap that prevents them from playing the games as they were intended, none of these games is so impossibly hard that they need difficulty options. In the 12 years since Dark Souls' release, you could have probably gotten easily good enough at these games to have played them by now rather than choosing to not take the time to "get good" at any point in these past 12 years and instead wait an additional 10 years until they get to making difficulty options unless you do have a physical handicap and are unable to use the controller in the same way most of us do when playing games.

It's like a person who whines for years about losing weight, it's like: "bruh, you've spent more years complaining how you aren't losing weight than taking the 6 months it would have taken in these past 5 years of complaining to have, ya know, just lost the weight so it's not a concern anymore". :p 

I must be losing my mind because I had a difficult time reading and comprehending this post. Nothing against you, it's obviously my issue. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yes, I think literal physical handicaps (I have poor motor skills and coordination) and mental handicaps (I have some kind of add that can make it hard to focus on long battle where one hit means you die, these are just my personal examples) prevent people from experiencing their games and that because of that it will be looked down on at some point in time. We will see if history proves me right or not!

edit: Also though if people want to only see me post a couple lines complaining about it instead of distracting from the rest of the thread with multiple posts/paragraphs they are free to not engage me for further details as well!

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I must be losing my mind because I had a difficult time reading and comprehending this post. Nothing against you, it's obviously my issue. 

Translation:

Don't complain about these games only having one difficulty (very hard). Instead, you should’ve spent the last 12 years playing the games you didn’t enjoy because they were too hard. Because over a long enough timeline anyone could get good enough at them that they would no longer be too hard and you could enjoy the new one.

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Translation:

Don't complain about these games only having one difficulty (very hard). Instead, you should’ve spent the last 12 years playing the games you didn’t enjoy because they were too hard. Because over a long enough timeline anyone could get good enough at them that they would no longer be too hard and you could enjoy the new one.

OR: Accept the fact that these games aren't made for you and play something else.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

OR: Accept the fact that these games aren't made for you and play something else.

That is an alternate opinion but not a translation!

Edit; This is actually a better argument imo, because I actually DID try for dozens of hours on multiple games and was simply unable to get good at them enough that the difficulty doesn’t bother me like in Elden Ring or simply just not skilled/able to focus well enough to progress (Demon Soul). I did beat Elden Ring after 150 hours after all! Whereas the only thing wrong with this argument, is how it can sound. 

I do think people underestimate what not being able to hold focus as well as some may mean with games like these and why it makes them especially difficult. There is a reason I DO play ultra hard “reset and try again” platformers and can make my way eventually through those. All you need in those ever is 20 good seconds to get to the next check point. These games by design require an extensive level of focus over a long time where your mind moving elsewhere for 5 seconds can mean repeating a huge amount of content. And then doing that over and over again.

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

That is an alternate opinion but not a translation!

Fair enough. But if you can beat Elden Ring, there's not too many games I think you would be unable to beat. Shit, I haven't even beaten Elden Ring yet! Even Sekiro becomes fairly easy once you master the mechanics. That Remant 2 boss that was giving me fits for days went down once his attack patterns clicked for me. I then slapped my forehead because I felt like an idiot because his attack patterns were pretty obvious once I got the timing down.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Fair enough. But if you can beat Elden Ring, there's not too many games I think you would be unable to beat. Shit, I haven't even beaten Elden Ring yet! Even Sekiro becomes fairly easy once you master the mechanics. That Remant 2 boss that was giving me fits for days went down once his attack patterns clicked for me. I then slapped my forehead because I felt like an idiot because his attack patterns were pretty obvious once I got the timing down.

For Sekiro, I’m afraid that the length of the boss fights is what will get me (the focus thing) and that I won’t be able to summon for help. If Activision EVER drops it to anything below $30 I’ll find out, or it should hopefully hit gamepass next year.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

For Sekiro, I’m afraid that the length of the boss fights is what will get me (the focus thing) and that I won’t be able to summon for help. If Activision EVER drops it to anything below $30 I’ll find out, or it should hopefully hit gamepass next year.

They're not that long... probably about as long or even shorter than the ones in Elden Ring.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Exactly. Summoning is the ONLY reason I made it as far as I did with Elden Ring. You're making great points in your posts. 

56 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Translation:

51 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yep, these, exactly. Not everything needs to be for everyone and not everything should be. Niche experiences are niche for a reason, no matter how mainstream its become in pop culture. 

@stepee, it's not an alternate opinion, I said earlier in my responses that these games are a specific experience for a specific type of gamer, obviously that means not made for everyone. Lots of other games out there, I wonder why everyone gets all up in arms about FromSoftware games. :p  I don't see anyone clamoring to make Civilization easier, or XCOM, or a realistic simulation game.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I wonder why everyone gets all up in arms about FromSoftware games. :p  I don't see anyone clamoring to make Civilization easier, or XCOM, or a realistic simulation game.

Yeah I wonder the same thing. The Civ games aren't for me and I understand that. I know plenty of people who enjoy those games for what they are. Who am i to demand the devs change those games to suit me? Plenty of other games for folks to play. Something about the From games REALLY brings out the FOMO.

11 minutes ago, Bacon said:

One of the hardest bosses in Sekiro took me like 7-9 minutes on the kill.

It took me over an hour to beat the boss.

It took you an hour in total attempts? That fight doesn't take an hour from start to finish. Took me about six minutes once I beat him and it would have been even shorter if I hadn't missed a couple of counter opportunities.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It took you an hour in total attempts? That fight doesn't take an hour from start to finish. Took me about six minutes once I beat him and it would have been even shorter if I hadn't missed a couple of counter opportunities.

I have a video of most of my attempts but not all of them. The video is 54 minutes long. Also, it's not the thumbnail version of the fight. I just used that as the thumbnail.

Spoiler

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I have a video of most of my attempts but not all of them. The video is 54 minutes long. Also, it's not the thumbnail version of the fight. I just used that as the thumbnail.

Reveal hidden contents

He was your final fight? I fought him but not there... I know depending on things you do and choices you make, you fight different bosses at different points. I only fought him once. That was your second fight with him right? I heard he's tougher the second time.

45 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yep, these, exactly. Not everything needs to be for everyone and not everything should be. Niche experiences are niche for a reason, no matter how mainstream its become in pop culture. 

@stepee, it's not an alternate opinion, I said earlier in my responses that these games are a specific experience for a specific type of gamer, obviously that means not made for everyone. Lots of other games out there, I wonder why everyone gets all up in arms about FromSoftware games. :p  I don't see anyone clamoring to make Civilization easier, or XCOM, or a realistic simulation game.

I really am trying to pull off this subject because it goes nowhere and I want you guys to just be able to talk about the game, but since you @‘d me…

I’ll just address the closing bit:

X-Com 2 has four difficulty levels. Civilization 6 appears to have eight difficulty levels, almost one for each From game without any difficulty levels. This would be one major difference (the fact that they both have the thing that some people want From games to have)

Secondly, you picked two turn based games. If you read through what my personal issues are with From games again, you can see how even if these didn’t have difficulty levels, they would likely steer clear of those problems due to the nature of their design.

Thirdly, From just makes really good games with great level design and art and solid feeling combat. It should be no surprise that people who like other action games would like these ones as well. I think acting like difficulty is all that matters honestly sells them short. People like going around and slashing shit through well made levels in intriguing worlds, I don’t see why a fan of action games wouldn’t want to play them, difficulty aside.

And now THAT is the last Ill bother this thread on the difficulty subject unless you guys just demand I keep at it lol, but I’d like people to just talk about the game itself if they want without taking it over.

• Halal 2

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He was your final fight? I fought him but not there... I know depending on things you do and choices you make, you fight different bosses at different points. I only fought him once. That was your second fight with him right? I heard he's tougher the second time.

No, my final fight was the final boss :p. Yeah, that video is the second fight, and it was much harder for me. You need to fight that form to get one of the ending achievements. The one atop the tower is ez street. In order, my final 3 bosses were that guy, Demon of Hatred, and finally the final boss. "That guy" was the hardest of those 3 for me.

• Halal 1

I remember there being some trial and error to AC4 but I don't remember it being as brutally difficult as the Souls games. The difficulty was more in finding the right build for each mission and less in mechanical difficulty and pattern recognition.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC, 25 August 2023) - "Overview" trailer and live-action "Let's Get to Work" trailer featuring Karl Urban