Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you are the kind of person that wants to play a boss 20 times, go back and rerun levels to earn cash, then try 3-4 different builds to beat a boss.  And spend several hours to beat a boss.  Its certainly doable.  I personally don't play games to do that.

Same, good sir. 

Except no one is saying that.

If you're stuck on a boss, you don't want to play him 20 times. But I'm just saying if what you're doing isn't working you can change it up without having to worry about not getting the full price of your parts back.

25 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Except no one is saying that.

If you're stuck on a boss, you don't want to play him 20 times. But I'm just saying if what you're doing isn't working you can change it up without having to worry about not getting the full price of your parts back.

I am aware of that.  I'm glad you experimented and found a build that would beat Balteus easily.  I tried two or three, and finally found one that would normally get to his second stage.  I would normally run out of energy before I got half way through.  If you find replaying the same level, going back to the menu to respec, respeccing, and rerunning the level fun -- that's fine.

It wasn't for me.  I just want @best3444 to understand what he is in for with this game.  His other posts indicate to me that he doesn't like tough games, and this one is certainly not easy.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you are the kind of person that wants to play a boss 20 times, go back and rerun levels to earn cash, then try 3-4 different builds to beat a boss.  And spend several hours to beat a boss.  Its certainly doable.  I personally don't play games to do that.

You're playing it wrong if you're doing all that. Again, it's best to play the multitude of other games out right now if its an exercise in frustration playing the game like that. I've never spent more than 15-20 minutes max on one boss and that was in Chapter 4.

A tank leg build with dual Gatlin Guns or plasma/pulse cannons and dual multi lock plasma missles on your back and you're literally unstoppable. It breaks the game and as far as I know From hasn't patched it

6 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Try and re-try is a formula that I can not stand.

• True 2

39 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Try and re-try is a formula that I can not stand.

Meh. A game has to get progressivly more challenging and make you use more of what the game offers or what's the point? It's a waste of what the developers put into the game

Just now, eventide11 said:

Meh. A game has to get progressivly more challenging and make you use more of what the game offers or what's the point? It's a waste of what the developers put into the game

Haven't you caused enough pain in this thread?  Go recommend Ninja Gaiden to someone. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol yeah I got to those fucking awful invisible enemy’s and the room of four of them and hit my limit there - I fixed the game with an easy mode and now its back to being fun, yay for pc!

EzPz lemon squeezy. 

Every game isn’t that hard if you are willing to grind at it forever and look up special cheat builds etc but if you just want to play a video game and go through levels having fun this is NOT the one.

• Shocked 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Every game isn’t that hard if you are willing to grind at it forever and look up special cheat builds etc but if you just want to play a video game and go through levels having fun this is NOT the one.

Why can’t they just make games that progress at a reasonable rate where you keep getting stronger and better and advancing without all the shit that isn’t fun?

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Why can’t they just make games that progress at a reasonable rate where you keep getting stronger and better and advancing without all the shit that isn’t fun?

I’ll give this game a little credit in that mech games ARE kind of about building mechs and playing with parts and stuff. But honestly I’m still doing that with easy mode (i didn’t go full invincible) they could definitely give you an option here to simply take less damage and do more damage but they likely find keeping it as difficult only is better marketing.

It actually works really well for a modded in easy mode because the modular nature of the parts really lets you customize the level of difficulty you feel comfortable with. 

Edit: ok phew the mod works great on deck too! literally just have to drop one file into the folder and bamo

8 hours ago, eventide11 said:

A tank leg build with dual Gatlin Guns or plasma/pulse cannons and dual multi lock plasma missles on your back and you're literally unstoppable. It breaks the game and as far as I know From hasn't patched it

This was basically the way to beat most of the old games as well. Instead of missiles use laser weapons and ez game.

I don't understand why some of you buy these From Software games... they design their game a certain way which is not typical of other modern videogames. These games require a little more patience and effort than most current games and you get out of them what you put into them. That's what they're designed to do. Why you guys buy these games and then get frustrated because the game is literally doing what it set out to do is beyond me. Several of you, it was OBVIOUS this game wouldn't be for you and yet you bought it any way... I just don't get it. Is FOMO that strong?

• True 1

For me, I started to deal with them because they have great level design, gameplay, art direction, and atmosphere. For Elden ring I beat that one vanilla and it was my GOTY last year and I bought Armored Core 6 because I confirmed there was an easy mode so I was able to fix the difficulty to one I found reasonable and I enjoy action games so it’s a lot of fun and looks absolutely amazing on the oled deck! 

Really glad I did too, having a blast with it now and my goodness the hdr is so so good. Seeing this on a handheld is insane, it’s like a freakin light show in my hands.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't understand why some of you buy these From Software games... they design their game a certain way which is not typical of other modern videogames. These games require a little more patience and effort than most current games and you get out of them what you put into them. That's what they're designed to do. Why you guys buy these games and then get frustrated because the game is literally doing what it set out to do is beyond me. Several of you, it was OBVIOUS this game wouldn't be for you and yet you bought it any way... I just don't get it. Is FOMO that strong?

Fear of missing out is part of it for me. Also its because they make interesting games. I only wish they included difficulty settings but I  do understand that isn't who they are. Think I'm staying away from this game.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:shrug: It was my first "From" game.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Weren't you the one playing Elden Ring and then complaining ultrawide didn't work? Wouldn't that be your first From game? :p

I played it for 45 minutes -- didn't find it difficult in those 45 minutes.  Then moved on to something does support ultrawide.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 2

7 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

So you never fought the Tree Sentinel..

Don't think so.  I got through the tutorial, and a little bit further.  Googled how to mod for Ultrawidescreen, discovered From was banning people who used the mod, and decided to wait to play it.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Don't think so.  I got through the tutorial, and a little bit further.  Googled how to mod for Ultrawidescreen, discovered From was banning people who used the mod, and decided to wait to play it.

So you didn't get far at all. You were technically still in the tutorial. From games work like that, they teach you the basics and your first skill check is usually the first boss. It isn't even Tree Sentinel... the first skill check boss in Elden Ring is Margit and a lot of people had a tough time with him. What makes Elden Ring different than most other From games is its open world nature... if you're stuck on a boss, go explore the open world and do other shit until you can beat him. Eventually you will HAVE to beat him though. Everybody should do them and buy what they want, but damn... if you're not a gamer that is up for the type of experience that From games bring by design then you probably shouldn't play them.  angry giving instruction GIF by South Park

• Halal 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

So you didn't get far at all. You were technically still in the tutorial. From games work like that, they teach you the basics and your first skill check is usually the first boss. It isn't even Tree Sentinel... the first skill check boss in Elden Ring is Margit and a lot of people had a tough time with him. What makes Elden Ring different than most other From games is its open world nature... if you're stuck on a boss, go explore the open world and do other shit until you can beat him. Eventually you will HAVE to beat him though. Everybody should do them and buy what they want, but damn... if you're not a gamer that is up for the type of experience that From games bring by design then you probably shouldn't play them.  angry giving instruction GIF by South Park

I mean, I didn't claim to play Elden Ring (I tried it out and decided to wait until it reached the top of my backlog and/or they added Ultrawidescreen).  I said AC was my first experience with their games.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I mean, I didn't claim to play Elden Ring (I tried it out and decided to wait until it reached the top of my backlog and/or they added Ultrawidescreen).  I said AC was my first experience with their games.

Definitely play Elden Ring. It's one of the best games ever made. I actually did pretty well in that because like skillz said the open world and save points help out a lot. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Definitely play Elden Ring. It's one of the best games ever made. I actually did pretty well in that because like skillz said the open world and save points help out a lot. 

I plan to at some point.  However, there is so much else to play -- and so much I bought in December -- it won't top my list for a while.

If it supported Ultrawidescreen, I might prioritize it.  Otherwise, I am holding out hope that it will.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yeah but you said you didn't find it difficult which is to say, you couldn't really judge it because you didn't get very far. It's definitely more accessible than Armored Core, but it ain't easy either really.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah but you said you didn't find it difficult which is to say, you couldn't really judge it because you didn't get very far. It's definitely more accessible than Armored Core, but it ain't easy either really.

I have no opinion on the difficulty of Elden Ring, because I tried it out for 45 minutes.  Those 45 minutes weren't enough to demonstrate to me that I shouldn't buy AC.

I was largely fine with AC until Balteus.

I think people undersell how good From games are by focusing a bit too much on them needing to have that difficulty they do by default. Played a bunch of AC6 last night and I’m on chapter 3 and it’s just a super fun to play action game with great mechanics, design, and atmosphere. 

It would be cool if they let other people play their games in a way that is enjoyable for them if they so wish by including an easy mode themselves so they can enjoy all those other great aspects beyond the difficulty. I wonder if From sells themselves short the same way and thinks they need the difficulty as a crutch.

But I’m glad at least on pc I’m able to do so with AC6 (and I’ll do this for Sekiro as well once it goes down in price) because it’s definitely the best mech game I’ve played.

I’m still dying a decent amount even (I’m not using the God mode weapons/armor) and still messing around with different builds for different missions. But I’ve been able to tone it down enough to maintain the “having fun and progressing” part which is key to me with a game.

I’d definitely recommend the game on pc still to people who don’t like super difficult games but do like mechs and action games if you are willing to use a mod.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I think people undersell how good From games are by focusing a bit too much on them needing to have that difficulty they do by default. Played a bunch of AC6 last night and I’m on chapter 3 and it’s just a super fun to play action game with great mechanics, design, and atmosphere. 

It would be cool if they let other people play their games in a way that is enjoyable for them if they so wish by including an easy mode themselves so they can enjoy all those other great aspects beyond the difficulty. I wonder if From sells themselves short the same way and thinks they need the difficulty as a crutch.

But I’m glad at least on pc I’m able to do so with AC6 (and I’ll do this for Sekiro as well once it goes down in price) because it’s definitely the best mech game I’ve played.

I’m still dying a decent amount even (I’m not using the God mode weapons/armor) and still messing around with different builds for different missions. But I’ve been able to tone it down enough to maintain the “having fun and progressing” part which is key to me with a game.

I’d definitely recommend the game on pc still to people who don’t like super difficult games but do like mechs and action games if you are willing to use a mod.

You think it is better than Titanfall 2?

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You think it is better than Titanfall 2?

Yeah. Titanfall 2 was a good first person campaign but it didn’t feel like much of a mech game in the style I like, which is more Virtua On. It’s also quite brief and the spectacle doesn’t match up to this. Good game though.

5 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Well my friend, I hate to tell you you haven't experienced any level of difficulty in the game. The tutorial area is by far the easiest area in the whole game. Play a little further once you leave the initial dungeon area then see if it's the same experience