Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

@Biggie

@best3444

I'm not good at games anymore. I gave up on Lords of the Fallen after one of the final bosses. And I've beaten every boss in this game (Including Balteus after 5-6 tries) and had a blast doing it with MINIMAL help. If I can do it ANYONE can do it. Seriously. I'm not a high level gamer. I'm 48 with slow reflexes and limited time. Just be patient and work on your build. Oh, and plasma cannons

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

34 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

@Biggie

@best3444

I'm not good at games anymore. I gave up on Lords of the Fallen after one of the final bosses. And I've beaten every boss in this game (Including Balteus after 5-6 tries) and had a blast doing it with MINIMAL help. If I can do it ANYONE can do it. Seriously. I'm not a high level gamer. I'm 48 with slow reflexes and limited time. Just be patient and work on your build. Oh, and plasma cannons

Hopefully I'm not this brain dead. But initially after beating the tutorial boss it puts you in the garage. I went to upgrade and I didn't have anything yet to build. Is that correct?

16 hours ago, best3444 said:

If you are up to a challenge then get it. Eventide11 is adamant that it's not that difficult. I am confused by the different opinions. 

It's not THAT difficult. But I'm comparing it to other soulsborne games and Lords of the Fallen. And with Lords, it's a developer that doesn't really get difficulty. From Software are the masters of making it difficult but giving you a ton of options to compensate for it.. If your patient enough

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

Beat what is probably the first “real” boss, Juggernaut! So far I’m able to get by still it seems without needing the mods. Final check to see if so try to go all the way will how I fair against Balteus.

@best3444 this boss was about 10x harder than that one tutorial boss so you really will want to do the training if you want to tackle this one which is just a few missions later

I kind of ignored what the other pilot said and did mostly charge at the tank. I went up from above and kinda forced my way around the upper sides to barrage him with this electric gun that I upgraded to along with sword hits and he couldn’t get in enough shots to stop me.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Beat what is probably the first “real” boss, Juggernaut! So far I’m able to get by still it seems without needing the mods. Final check to see if so try to go all the way will how I fair against Balteus.

@best3444 this boss was about 10x harder than that one tutorial boss so you really will want to do the training if you want to tackle this one which is just a few missions later

Jesus. So it's act 1's boss?

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Jesus. So it's act 1's boss?

No it’s just a boss you fight a few missions later on the “climbing the wall” mission. It’s the first real test. He can take you out super quick and you can only really hit him from behind so you need to be good at maneuverability. The act1 boss is supposed to be even much harder!

Just now, stepee said:

No it’s just a boss you fight a few missions later on the “climbing the wall” mission. It’s the first real test. He can take you out super quick and you can only really hit him from behind so you need to be good at maneuverability. The act1 boss is supposed to be even much harder!

I got pretty good at maneuvering so I might not do so bad. I'll play tomorrow to see how I do. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

I didn't have much of a problem with Juggernaut.  He took me a few goes (maybe 5?).

It took me at least that many tries to get Balteus to the second stage.

I don't want to come off as a dick, or a negative Nancy.  But, Balteus is a significant difficulty spike from anything before.  IMHO, the mid-level boss that happens before you fight Balteus is probably harder than anything that comes before.

That said, you can exit the level and respec if you think your current build won't match up against a boss.

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I didn't have much of a problem with Juggernaut.  He took me a few goes (maybe 5?).

I don't want to come off as a dick, or a negative Nancy.  But, Balteus is a significant difficulty spike from anything before.  IMHO, the mid-level boss that happens before you fight Balteus is probably harder than anything that comes before.

That said, you can exit the level and respec if you think your current build won't match up against a boss.

Yea, no way I'm getting too far in this. Fuckin blows. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yeah Juggernaut took me about 5 tries, but it was significantly tougher than the tutorial boss lol. 

Im expecting Balteus to require a greater level of skill and understanding and perhaps grinding/upgrading. I plan to do that on deck while watching tv to make it go down easier. I’m expecting more so that it will be too much for me than that I’ll beat it. Which is why I made sure there were mods should that be the case! I’m fine just playing the other missions and cheesing the super difficult bosses with mods if need be.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Yeah Juggernaut took me about 5 tries, but it was significantly tougher than the tutorial boss lol. 

Im expecting Balteus to require a greater level of skill and understanding and perhaps grinding/upgrading. I plan to do that on deck while watching tv to make it go down easier. I’m expecting more so that it will be too much for me than that I’ll beat it. Which is why I made sure there were mods should that be the case! I’m fine just playing the other missions and cheesing the super difficult bosses with mods.

That is so nice you have mods. Because I really like this game. The fact you're accomplishing what you have so far is really impressive to me. 

5 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

IMO people are making it harder than it is. Plenty of setups and weapons make it MUCH easier and more manageable

I think you're more skilled than you are giving your self credit for. I spent two hours on the tutorial boss fight. Stepee says it get much harder after that. I stand no chance but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on the game. 

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think you're more skilled than you are giving your self credit for. I spent two hours on the tutorial boss fight. Stepee says it get much harder after that. I stand no chance but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on the game. 

Maybe I'm just used to From games. But certain weapons that build up stagger etc make bosses trivial. And enemies are just filler. But to each their own. If this isn't doing it for you there's TONS more out there to play. This year was INSANE with quality titles

6 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Maybe I'm just used to From games. But certain weapons that build up stagger etc make bosses trivial. And enemies are just filler. But to each their own. If this isn't doing it for you there's TONS more out there to play. This year was INSANE with quality titles

Like I said I'm going to continue to play. Atm I'm knee deep into Persona 5 Royal. Plus I have BG3. Tons of options. 

36 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

And with this in mind if you find weapons or parts that aren't working for you you can sell the parts back for full price and try something else.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

And with this in mind if you find weapons or parts that aren't working for you you can sell the parts back for full price and try something else.

Exactly. You just have to be willing to put in the effort, if you will, to get around the games 'difficulty'. It can definitely be challenging, but if you're easily frustrated maybe it's not something to commit time to and I totally get that

If you are the kind of person that wants to play a boss 20 times, go back and rerun levels to earn cash, then try 3-4 different builds to beat a boss.  And spend several hours to beat a boss.  Its certainly doable.  I personally don't play games to do that.

• Haha 1