Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

@stepee I got to thinking and maybe there is some hope for you.

In the old games there is an unofficial easy mode called "Human Plus" and I guess it's actually renamed to "Augmented Human" for this game.

I'll spoiler this just in case but it's something that's been in the game since the first game so I don't feel like I need to :p

Spoiler

In any case to unlock it you have to lose credits until you reach -50,0000.

After that the game restarts and you start the game as a cybernetically enhanced human with special abilities such as boosters only using half energy, enhanced radar, not having to kneel to use shoulder mounted weapons (although according to the wiki this changed in 4)

I never actually ended up doing this in my playthroughs because by the time I knew it was a thing I beat the game and  I don't think you can do it after you beat the game.

I'm actually curious to try it for this game. :thinking:

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

Several missions in, having a great time. Unlike the shitty PS2 games I played, this one actually controls super well and is fun to play. Watching people freak out on forums and Discord because they found the easy first boss impossible is hilarious.

Hint: 

Spoiler

Be aggressive and use your melee weapon to fill the stagger bar. Don't hide behind buildings plinking away, that'll take forever and is very much not effective.

Game's got some good spectacle, but isn't all about showy setpieces with no depth, at least no so far. Good variety of missions just killing smaller enemies, hunting down certain types of enemies with optional harder ones that reward a bonus, fighting super big enemies, etc. I assume it's typical Armored Core stuff but I have no idea. Having a great time, though. And the game runs smooth as butter, no stutter, fully maxed out at 120 FPS. Shame it doesn't support higher, but as a FromSoft first I'll take it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Several missions in, having a great time. Unlike the shitty PS2 games I played, this one actually controls super well and is fun to play. Watching people freak out on forums and Discord because they found the easy first boss impossible is hilarious.

Hint: 

Reveal hidden contents

Game's got some good spectacle, but isn't all about showy setpieces with no depth, at least no so far. Good variety of missions just killing smaller enemies, hunting down certain types of enemies with optional harder ones that reward a bonus, fighting super big enemies, etc. I assume it's typical Armored Core stuff but I have no idea. Having a great time, though. And the game runs smooth as butter, no stutter, fully maxed out at 120 FPS. Shame it doesn't support higher, but as a FromSoft first I'll take it.

No complaints? :shock:

Took me two hours but I pulled it off :sickos:

You are right about that strategy but at the beginning it wasn't working and the guy has a stun that suspends you in mid air so you get pretty messed up.

However, what made it easier, and it's not really explained

Spoiler

I think a combination of the overboost plus the sword slash lets you slash twice. In any case I did that got up in his ass and slashed twice and hung out beneath the boss.

But yeah early on I was kind of disappointed because your slash goes on cooldown for so long. In the old games you can just slash away.

EDIT: No, just turns out you can slash twice (You obviously know since you figure it out in the training after)

EDIT: Actually just replayed the mission just now and beat it on the second try. Could have done it in one but that damn stun got me.

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's a mechanic straight from Sekiro which was the game that AC6's director previously worked on as lead gameplay designer.

This is my first attempt at playing a FromSoft game, so I had to learn their design style (and what all of the meters are doing).  I never played Sekiro (but always wanted to).

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Took me two hours but I pulled it off :sickos:

You are right about that strategy but at the beginning it wasn't working and the guy has a stun that suspends you in mid air so you get pretty messed up.

However, what made it easier, and it's not really explained

Reveal hidden contents

EDIT: Actually just replayed the mission just now and beat it on the second try. Could have done it in one but that damn stun got me.

The thing I DIDN'T like about the fight is that you're fighting in a bordered area and the Boss can fly beyond the borders so you can boost towards him and get stopped by an invisible wall and be left wide open will the boss hits you and you can't hit him. Outside of that he's not too tough. The tough part is just figuring out the controls and getting used to them. I'm gonna spend some time in the garage and play some more this afternoon. For those who are intimidated by tough games and From games in particular, I wouldn't recommend this one being the one they jump in on unless they have a bit of patience and are willing to actually learn how to play the game. It's not gonna hold your hand.

36 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

So I'm guessing there's a lot to remember about the different controls.. Which I get but I don't do great with that in my old ass age 

It's not really different than other games.

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The thing I DIDN'T like about the fight is that you're fighting in a bordered area and the Boss can fly beyond the borders so you can boost towards him and get stopped by an invisible wall and be left wide open will the boss hits you and you can't hit him. Outside of that he's not too tough. The tough part is just figuring out the controls and getting used to them. I'm gonna spend some time in the garage and play some more this afternoon. For those who are intimidated by tough games and From games in particular, I wouldn't recommend this one being the one they jump in on unless they have a bit of patience and are willing to actually learn how to play the game. It's not gonna hold your hand.

True, most games don't have a difficulty spike in the tutorial.  The first mission I completed after the tutorial was dead easy by comparison.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The thing I DIDN'T like about the fight is that you're fighting in a bordered area and the Boss can fly beyond the borders so you can boost towards him and get stopped by an invisible wall and be left wide open will the boss hits you and you can't hit him.

Yup. Pretty much.

Also beyond borders sometimes he flies vertically more than you can boost upward yourself.

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC, 25 August 2023) - "Comprehensive Beginner's Guide" video from VaatiVidya posted
9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s not garbage. It looks put together pretty good actually. Fun factor is very questionable. And the fact that @Xbob42 enjoys it and hasn’t said one bad thing about it is extremely concerning. 

I mean, I guess I could complain that the really short missions are kind of a bummer. They said they considered going open world like Elden Ring for this. I don't think that would be the right move, but missions with more meat on them would be fun. Some missions are longer than others, but some are like 2 minutes.

13 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I mean, I guess I could complain that the really short missions are kind of a bummer. They said they considered going open world like Elden Ring for this. I don't think that would be the right move, but missions with more meat on them would be fun. Some missions are longer than others, but some are like 2 minutes.

The relative brevity of some missions is to encourage replay for higher ranks to earn more money/components that can be used towards longer, more complex missions.

An open world format would've been contrary to the overall context of the player's role as mercenary.  Mercenaries are pretty much inherently "mission-based" by their very nature.

• True 1

I don't think any of that is relevant to whether or not something is more or less fun, though. A 2 minute mission that provides almost no challenge, requires no tactics and is just there as filler feels very out of place and outdated. A short mission where you fight a boss is another story, but just like "go blow up these static objects while a few far inferior enemies pose absolutely no threat to you" is a headscratcher to me. Maybe these become less frequent as the game progresses, but early on it feels like those shitty Monster Hunter quests where it's like "yo go pick some mushrooms"

Build Guides:

4kxVBbEh7xxbzeNVUXNqYh-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Here's all the best mech builds and loadouts for lightweight and heavyweight combat in AC6

Our Armored Core 6 best builds will help players get to grips with building the best mech loadout possible - though it's important to remember that what's good in one combat encounter may not be very good in another. The best builds in AC6 are usually contextual, made to respond to specific threats and opponents and exploit their weaknesses, as well as compliment the pilot's playstyle. 

With that in mind, we've assembled three powerful builds below for players to try out, all suited to different encounters and playstyles. There's bound to be something you like here, so check out everything you need to know about the best mech builds in Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC, 25 August 2023) - Beginner's and Build guides posted