Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

So, does it help any to read/watch a summary of Armored Core stories up to this point or does it not matter at all?

According to all the research I did on this today this is a completely fresh start. Almost inviting a new audience to the franchise. 

The only reason I haven't bit today is because of the difficulty. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

According to all the research I did on this today this is a completely fresh start. Almost inviting a new audience to the franchise. 

The only reason I haven't bit today is because of the difficulty. 

It's not easy but not all that difficult either. I've solo'd every boss so far and even took on two boss hyper mechs at a time and wiped the floor with them. On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty I'd give it a 5-6 MAYBE a 7 if you're running a bad set up

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

It's not easy but not all that difficult either. I've solo'd every boss so far and even took on two boss hyper mechs at a time and wiped the floor with them. On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty I'd give it a 5-6 MAYBE a 7 if you're running a bad set up

I'm probably buying this tomorrow. Thanks for your posts. 

• Shocked 1
  • Hugs 1

Played the training mission and the first mission after that and it definitely plays great as expected and it looks great due to From’s top of class artistry and great sense of scale. Runs great too. Can probably bump it to 6k/120fps on my desktop.

And it’s gorgeous on the oled deck with hdr working out the gate and running at high settings without any dips below 30fps I noticed. Seems heavily cpu bottlenecked trying to get even to 40 so no sense in turning down settings since it’s not steady enough, while the 30fps remains locked and still plays great with the oled’s 90hz refresh for 30fps. Definitely a good showpiece for what a handheld game can look like now.

I hope I’m able to pass the wall (literally and figuratively) when I get to it, but at least the difficulty seems to be tied to the big bosses, so even if I need to use the easy mode mod, I should be able to enjoy most of the game as normal.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Played the training mission and the first mission after that and it definitely plays great as expected and it looks great due to From’s top of class artistry and great sense of scale. Runs great too. Can probably bump it to 6k/120fps on my desktop.

And it’s gorgeous on the oled deck with hdr working out the gate and running at high settings without any dips below 30fps I noticed. Seems heavily cpu bottlenecked trying to get even to 40 so no sense in turning down settings since it’s not steady enough, while the 30fps remains locked and still plays great with the oled’s 90hz refresh for 30fps. Definitely a good showpiece for what a handheld game can look like now.

I hope I’m able to pass the wall (literally and figuratively) when I get to it, but at least the difficulty seems to be tied to the big bosses, so even if I need to use the easy mode mod, I should be able to enjoy most of the game as normal.

Thanks. I'd love to see it on the deck but with how difficult it can get I need a good controller. That's awesome you have a mod for the difficulty. I'm buying this now to download tonight. Fuck it. 

5 hours ago, stepee said:

So, does it help any to read/watch a summary of Armored Core stories up to this point or does it not matter at all?

The story has been rebooted numerous times so there's really no continuity between the games.

Maybe some familiar things to those who have played such as being called "Raven" or the company names (I'm not sure if they are the same)

18 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

The first boss is basically a skill check and trying to teach you about mobility and locking on etc. Make sure to keep aim assist on by clicking down on the right stick

I had him basically dead a few times. I will be sure to have aim assist on. Thanks 

Just now, best3444 said:

@Biggie I can't recommend it because of how tough the very first boss is. I don't think you like challenging games like this?

Everything else is awesome. First mech game I played and it made a good impression. 

I agree. If you don't like tough games, DON'T PLAY THIS. It isn't easy at all and requires some patience and experimentation to find a build that works for you. Also do NOT skip all of the combat tutorials in the beginning of the game. They teach you stuff AND you get more equpiment in theshop to buy and use.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie I can't recommend it because of how tough the very first boss is. I don't think you like challenging games like this?

Everything else is awesome. First mech game I played and it made a good impression. 

I'll get it once it is on sale but yeah I get frustrated easily. 

Armored Core 6   Fires of Besticon

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I agree. If you don't like tough games, DON'T PLAY THIS. It isn't easy at all and requires some patience and experimentation to find a build that works for you. Also do NOT skip all of the combat tutorials in the beginning of the game. They teach you stuff AND you get more equpiment in theshop to buy and use.

Everything I have seen or read about the game says its very difficult which is why I was confused when some people were posting telling @best3444 it wasn't that difficult. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Everything I have seen or read about the game says its very difficult which is why I was confused when some people were posting telling @best3444 it wasn't that difficult. 

Who told him that? I was wondering why he even bought it... He's going to break his controller, TV and his hands. I took a break from it because I got stuck on a boss, not even the one @best3444 is stuck on. There's a boss at the end of Act 1 that is the REAL skill check and is where most people who bought this game check out at.

• Haha 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Who told him that? I was wondering why he even bought it... He's going to break his controller, TV and his hands. I took a break from it because I got stuck on a boss, not even the one @best3444 is stuck on. There's a boss at the end of Act 1 that is the REAL skill check and is where most people who bought this game check out at.

@eventide11 @Keyser_Soze Owe me $60 damnit!

Where were yesterday when I said I was going to buy it!

:cry:

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I know one person was @eventide11 

Also check out my POLL question in the Remarkable Riots Board

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The first boss isn't that hard relative to other parts of the game.  (I think it took me 2-3 tries to beat him).  That said, I found it borderline unplayable on the deck due to the small size of the UI.

I made it to one called Balteus, and decided that banging my head against a wall was not worth it.  The game spent most of its time being incredibly easy, with these super high difficulty spikes that it doesn't really prepare you for.  This may be fun, but it wasn't for me, and probably wouldn't be for you.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The first boss isn't that hard relative to other parts of the game.  (I think it took me 2-3 tries to beat him).  That said, I found it borderline unplayable on the deck due to the small size of the UI.

I made it to one called Balteus, and decided that banging my head against a wall was not worth it.  The game spent most of its time being incredibly easy, with these super high difficulty spikes that it doesn't really prepare you for.  This may be fun, but it wasn't for me, and probably wouldn't be for you.

DEVASTATING