Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

15 hours ago, stepee said:

There is one chapter 5 fight that I don’t even know how people beat it normally 

Bruh there are gamers that go on no hit runs on Souls games. I have no idea how some are so fucking good. 

• True 1

I got up to Balteus this morning. He gave me some trouble, so I took a break from him and went back and replayed some missions for extra cash and to try out different setups, trying to really get a feel for how swapping certain parts changes how my AC handles/performs. 

That’s one thing I’m appreciating so far. Granted I’m still just in chapter one, but so far it seems to be less about “get gud” and more “understand how all this shit really works”. 

• Halal 1

56 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I got up to Balteus this morning. He gave me some trouble, so I took a break from him and went back and replayed some missions for extra cash and to try out different setups, trying to really get a feel for how swapping certain parts changes how my AC handles/performs. 

That’s one thing I’m appreciating so far. Granted I’m still just in chapter one, but so far it seems to be less about “get gud” and more “understand how all this shit really works”. 

Did you beat him?

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did you beat him?

Yep. Had to be patient and dodge a lot while waiting for good opportunities to charge up and melee to take down its shield, then unload with my other weapons. What seemed impossible the first time I faced it ended up being a pretty fun fight! 

• Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yep. Had to be patient and dodge a lot while waiting for good opportunities to charge up and melee to take down its shield, then unload with my other weapons. What seemed impossible the first time I faced it ended up being a pretty fun fight! 

Nice! He's where I hit the wall and stopped. Went back to grind a bit to tweak my build. Energy weapons seem to be the best bet on him because of his sheilds. He's the wall a LOT of people hit and give up on.

I was about to come here and complain about a bullshit fight (AA22 Heavy Cavalry Warrant Officer) but first I tried entirely switching up my strategy by going head-on with the beefiest tank build I could assemble. Took him out the first time that way. It was sloppy (haven’t used a tank build since the tutorial), and my terminal armor was active so I was at 1hp, but hey, a win is a win! 

This game is incredible.

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I was about to come here and complain about a bullshit fight (AA22 Heavy Cavalry Warrant Officer) but first I tried entirely switching up my strategy by going head-on with the beefiest tank build I could assemble. Took him out the first time that way. It was sloppy (haven’t used a tank build since the tutorial), and my terminal armor was active so I was at 1hp, but hey, a win is a win! 

This game is incredible.

See. That's where I fail. I don't have a brain like yours to do this. Nice job!

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

See. That's where I fail. I don't have a brain like yours to do this. Nice job!

It’s the same mindset that’s helpful for all of their games. When you reach a roadblock and what you’ve been doing up to that point doesn’t get the job done, try a different approach. In the Souls games or Elden Ring, that might require grinding to level up in order to be able to use a different weapon/spell, or finding some specific item or armor set somewhere in the world. It’s so much easier here because everything is just at the shop. You don’t have to use a rare item to respec or any of that arcane nonsense. Just buy a bunch of parts, slap ‘em together, see what works. And since you can sell parts at no loss, there’s no buyer’s remorse.

So far (just completed chapter 3), I wouldn’t call it easy, but that freedom of experimentation keeps it from being too frustrating in my book.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

It’s the same mindset that’s helpful for all of their games. When you reach a roadblock and what you’ve been doing up to that point doesn’t get the job done, try a different approach. In the Souls games or Elden Ring, that might require grinding to level up in order to be able to use a different weapon/spell, or finding some specific item or armor set somewhere in the world. It’s so much easier here because everything is just at the shop. You don’t have to use a rare item to respec or any of that arcane nonsense. Just buy a bunch of parts, slap ‘em together, see what works. And since you can sell parts at no loss, there’s no buyer’s remorse.

So far (just completed chapter 3), I wouldn’t call it easy, but that freedom of experimentation keeps it from being too frustrating in my book.

That's basically what @eventide11 has said. I never went to the shop to rebuild my mech. I may go back to this game during a dry spell and try to figure it out. The game is really good and the controls are excellent. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's basically what @eventide11 has said. I never went to the shop to rebuild my mech. I may go back to this game during a dry spell and try to figure it out. The game is really good and the controls are excellent. 

There's always a setup that works for your playstyle and exploits weaknesses. There's plenty of tubes and wikis out there to help too

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

That's basically what @eventide11 has said. I never went to the shop to rebuild my mech.

Actually it's what I said sir

On 12/31/2023 at 8:49 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

And with this in mind if you find weapons or parts that aren't working for you you can sell the parts back for full price and try something else.

On 1/1/2024 at 7:55 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

If you're stuck on a boss, you don't want to play him 20 times. But I'm just saying if what you're doing isn't working you can change it up without having to worry about not getting the full price of your parts back.

• Haha 1

I wasn’t paying super close attention to the story or my choices. I think I fucked up, because

Spoiler

Ayre 

is my final boss, which feels wrong. Also, they’re absolutely stomping my ass :lol:

I think I have a decent strategy now, but I need to take a little break. I’ve been playing all morning. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

I finally finished off my backlog (Furi, RE4: Separate Ways, Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty and King Arthur: Knight's Tale), with this being the final game in it. I wasn't far, only at Balteus but once I got back into this game proper I had a blast. The game actually isn't very hard at all, especially when you can start making clear cheese mech builds if you want (I did for fun, but tried to stick to a non-cheese build for my first run through). This game absolutely demands you go through it again two more times after you initially beat it. New Game+ gives you new missions as well as alternate versions of previous missions, and New Game++ adds additional new and alt missions. This shapes the story quite considerably into something that initially felt throw away to something I became quite invested in piecing together, ala Dark Souls. You get new dialogue, new boss battles with characters you didn't battle with before in the story, and three different endings as well. 

I used a cheese build for my second and third run throughs so I could do missions quickly and pick up any and all missed data logs and combat logs (for more story). The gameplay itself is incredibly buttery smooth, exactly what you want mechs to feel and play like. There is also something incredibly beautiful about the environments and horizons contrasted against all the metal around it. Beautiful, great game, a perfect marriage of arcadey mech action and actual skill with a fun, surprisingly interesting story. I recommend everyone here definitely do the new game plus stuff for the additional story and characters. Unlike a lot of New Game plus modes, this one is more like Nier or Triangle Strategy where you really do need to do it to get the full story. Anyway, really happy I came back to the game and stuck with it, very worthwhile. FromSoftware nailed it here. Since we're not really getting new Virtual On, Zone of the Enders, or Mech Assault games for a long time now, this really filled that mech gameplay I was craving. 

On 2/18/2024 at 7:04 AM, TheLeon said:

I wasn’t paying super close attention to the story or my choices. I think I fucked up, because

Reveal hidden contents

is my final boss, which feels wrong. Also, they’re absolutely stomping my ass :lol:

I think I have a decent strategy now, but I need to take a little break. I’ve been playing all morning. 

YOU MONSTER