Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon (PlayStation/Xbox/PC) - 2.8 million units sold worldwide

Commissar SFLUFAN

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why are you ragging on me? I said the same thing as Skillz. The game has a big skill check boss right up front. :p

I said I beat the boss and then you said, "I'll get it because Keyser beat the boss" :p

But the first boss isn't hard when you figure out the strategy:

Here's the strategy:

I really didn't read much strategy there. I do attempt to use my sword but like you said the cool down takes forever. I got him down pretty far in health but I ultimately fail. 

And yes, it's your fault I bought this. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I really didn't read much strategy there. I do attempt to use my sword but like you said the cool down takes forever. I got him down pretty far in health but I ultimately fail. 

And yes, it's your fault I bought this. 

Especially @eventide11  Bruh fucked you on the recommendation for real

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It is true that the game is very easy up until the boss. It's really deceiving. I will have to swallow this one but it hurts. 

That's because the whole first act of this game is basically a tutorial and the boss battles are skill checks. You have to master certain combat mechanics in order to progress. There's another boss later on that's even tougher than the one you're fighting now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's because the whole first act of this game is basically a tutorial and the boss battles are skill checks. You have to master certain combat mechanics in order to progress. There's another boss later on that's even tougher than the one you're fighting now.

As frustrating as it is the game is calling me back to play. But I appreciate your HONEST thoughts in this game. 

I guess I’ll pat myself on the back that I actually did beat that first boss (tutorial one, not Act1 boss) on my second try! It’s “the wall” that I’m concerned about most at the end of Act1 but we will see!

If I run into issues I’m going to use the ez core mod, and if that isn’t enough there is a mod with an even bigger boost. But I will give it an honest shot before calling it a day, being able to play while watching tv should help some of the difficulty grind.

• Shocked 1

Just now, stepee said:

I guess I’ll let myself on the back that I actually did beat that first boss (tutorial one, not Act1 boss) on my second try! It’s “the wall” that I’m concerned about most at the end of Act1 but we will see!

If I run into issues I’m going to use the ez core mod, and if that isn’t enough there is a mod with an even bigger boost. But I will give it an honest shot before calling it a day, being able to play while watching tv should help some of the difficulty grind.

Nice! You did better than me in Elden Ring too so I think you underestimate yourself. 

This game would be so awesome if it had the coop component that the Souls games have. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Nice! You did better than me in Elden Ring too so I think you underestimate yourself. 

This game would be so awesome if it had the coop component that the Souls games have. 

Yeah it would be cool if you could get help for those real tough skills checks. Some stuff I do better at than others. There isn’t a loss of anything and you can try again right when you die on this which makes it easier for me because my biggest issue is often my attention span and how it feels to lose everything because your mind drifted for a second. You can also take enough hits, so far that one second doesn’t cost you everything. 

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Just charge at him and hit him with the sword, use a health pack, charge at him and hit him with the sword, use a health pack, charge at him and hit him with the sword. I don’t see how he can deplete your entire bar during one charge.

So essentially it takes 3 attacks with the sword? I'm going to try again soon.