Official World Cup 2022 thread cuz someone has to make it.

Zaku3

I’ve been watching this tournament closely for 20 years now, and barring the tournament really going south, this is overall the most exciting WC I’ve seen. So, so many great moments.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve been watching this tournament closely for 20 years now, and barring the tournament really going south, this is overall the most exciting WC I’ve seen. So, so many great moments.

I really do think this is a result of interrupting the domestic leagues by placing this tournament in November. You remove a month and a half of training and chemistry and planning and suddenly matches are going to be a bit more chaotic in general. 

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sure I guess. If you like a contest of skill being boiled down to a lot of luck.

Luck is a factor but it is still more dependent on (1) the kickers' ability to actually convert (not necessarily a guarantee, as we've seen today!) and (2) incredible talent/effort on the goalkeeper's part. Emi Martinez won that game for Argentina, not luck.

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Luck is a factor but it is still more dependent on (1) the kickers' ability to actually convert (not necessarily a guarantee, as we've seen today!) and (2) incredible talent/effort on the goalkeeper's part. Emi Martinez won that game for Argentina, not luck.

It’s half luck. If you guess the right way to jump then skill comes into play. Terrible way for these games to end.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

it’s entertaining 

as a free throw

Grant Wahl, the journalist who wore the Pride shirt to the stadium in Qatar, has apparently died at one of the World Cup games today. 

His brother posted on Instagram that Grant collapsed at the stadium, was given CPR, and taken to a hospital. He says that Grant was healthy. 

318662842_501358142090690_42231087083596
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

eewahl shared a post on Instagram. Follow their account to see 175 posts.

• Shocked 1