Official World Cup 2022 thread cuz someone has to make it.

Zaku3

Ok just got home. The one in my jaw tested okay though they want to run the test again. They had trouble getting the one on my collarbone but I should find out tomorrow in theory. 

Kind of annoyed at teh Dr that ordered this cuz he should have just taken the lymph node on my collarbone out. Not like you can just leave it there and the Dr doing the test is gonna probably recommend removing it anyway if they couldn't get enough tissue.

• Hugs 1

I also understand there are legitimate player health and safety issues with continuing under even golden goal scenarios past the 120 minute mark, but just a really personally unsatisfying way to break the tie.

53 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I also understand there are legitimate player health and safety issues with continuing under even golden goal scenarios past the 120 minute mark, but just a really personally unsatisfying way to break the tie.

Yeah PKs have never left me feeling satisfied, but I can't think of a better alternative. I've used the example of playoff hockey with 6OT leading to worn down bodies ugly ugly hockey. But it's also kinda fun in a weird way. Maybe the 90s MLS was right? 

edit - Golden goal is great but still more often than not leads to PKs anyway. Maybe considering the regular season hockey overtime would make it fun. Go from 11 man rosters down to 6 and first one to score wins lol.

41 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is the worst game of the tournament 

The dude that runs this futsal league in Jersey City is Morrocan. I imagine he is freaking out about this game. Kinda wish I had a car so I could start going again after work on Thursdays.

Spain should surrender its enclaves in Morocco for this humiliation.

eb-thistle-social-image.jpg?v=3.79.52
WWW.BRITANNICA.COM

Spanish North Africa, five small areas, in special relationship with the Spanish government, on and off the Mediterranean coast of Morocco. They are Alhucemas, Ceuta, the Chafarinas Islands, Melilla...

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Spain should surrender its enclaves in Morocco for this humiliation.

eb-thistle-social-image.jpg?v=3.79.52
WWW.BRITANNICA.COM

Spanish North Africa, five small areas, in special relationship with the Spanish government, on and off the Mediterranean coast of Morocco. They are Alhucemas, Ceuta, the Chafarinas Islands, Melilla...

And surrender all claims to Gibralter.

Edit: Insert joke about the Moor invasion of Spain.