2022 Midterm Thread

Beto could win. He came close in more than one high quality poll amongst registered voters. But the likely voter models would have to be WAY OFF for him to pull this off. It's very unlikely. I'm expecting Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton to dominate with red pickups in the state legislature. I hope I'm shocked!

Republicans take the house. I have no idea what happens in the senate, but I have a feeling Dems will hold.

We are so fucked:

221107003817-01-kevin-mccarthy-interview
WWW.CNN.COM

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy is vowing to secure the border, cut back on government spending and launch rigorous investigations into the Biden administration if Republicans win the House on Tuesday, reflecting a mix of priorities as McCarthy will be forced to contend with an increasingly hardline and pro-Trump conference that is itching to impeach President Joe Biden.

17 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

We are so fucked:

221107003817-01-kevin-mccarthy-interview
WWW.CNN.COM

House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy is vowing to secure the border, cut back on government spending and launch rigorous investigations into the Biden administration if...

"rigorous" 

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I fully expect that "the border" is an area where the Biden administration will fold pretty quickly as there genuinely appears to be absolutely no "positive" political gains to be made by not doing so, especially since it really does appear that Latin voters are pretty hardline on the issue.

If there is one thing that should have been abundantly clear in the first 6 months of the Biden administration is that the plight of migrants is not something the average Democratic Party voter actually cares about, and as such nobody had to even pretend to want to make meaningful positive changes.

No question the White House will rollover on the border issue

Nothing to see here....just Republicans trying Republican things. 
This bitch is crazy. 
*Trump-backed Michigan secretary of state nominee said abortion is ‘child sacrifice’

*Republican SOS candidate Kristina Karamo tried to crash car with family in it, according to court filing

XNU55WRSL5FMDA5PJPKPYC5NXM.jpg?_a=ATO2Bf
WWW.CLICKONDETROIT.COM

A judge has rejected a request by Republican Michigan secretary of state candidate Kristina Karamo to disqualify mail-in ballots from Detroit in the Nov. 8 election.

4 hours ago, chakoo said:

Oh I know, I just expect them to be stupid enough to try.

We're probably about to see huge losses for democrats, and its the GOP leadership you think is stupid?

Republicans aren't smart. Republicans leaders have consistently played democrats for fools.

They'll investigate some shit for public consumption, but that isn't their goal  thats just drumhead shit to please the bloodthirsty base. The real work is for their rich masters.