Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

TheLeon

"Your dad and I agreed that it would be best if you just stop being who you are and doing the things you love"

Ha. I liked some of the Walk Hard vibes it was giving off, but I dunno. Can this remain funny for an entire movie?

Seems tonally all over the place, but it's a trailer, so who knows.

It’s based off the Funny or Die trailer they did 9 years ago with Aaron Paul as Weird Al. They played this trailer below when I saw Weird Al in Aug 2019 during his Strings Attached Tour. Looks like they are keeping the same tone for the movie and I’m happy for it.

• 2 months later...

Well, this was alright. I feel like I am missing the joke. Like, I know it is supposed to be basically a parody biopic. I watched it because it wasn't going be the "real story", but I still feel like I was missing the joke.

I don't think that I am tho and that I just didn't find it all that funny. That said, comedies often aren't that funny to me so :shrug:

One thing that made it less funny for me was that I thought Danny boy would be speaking in British but he spoke in American.

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn, so it makes this probably 45 minute movie 2 and a half hours? :lol:

Well the run time is 108 minutes, but I have no clue if that was with ads or not and it isn't exactly 10 minutes

Pretty sure with ads it was nearly exactly 2 hours before the credits started rolling and I'm pretty sure I didn't sit thru 10 ad breaks, but there were enough. How it is filmed is that there are clear breaks, like a TV show that plans on commercials. Like, I think the first ad was 20 or so minutes in. Then there were at least 3 ad breaks that happened every 10 minutes, and then another one happened at 16 minutes after the last and then I stopped counting the ads.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2022 at 9:23 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Weird Al starred in one of the greatest movies ever made.

And by that I mean, UHF.

I can't even see anything related to Conan without immediately thinking The Librarian. The firehose bit is also fantastic, the kid's enthusiasm right before getting destroyed is gold.