Update: PlayStation VR2 to launch on 22 February 2023 (pre-orders begin on November 15) for $549.99/€599.99/£529.99

SaysWho?

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

SO......?

Apparently this is only sold through Playstation's website? I would like to buy / try it using Best Buy as I'm a total Tech member thus get 60 days on my electronics to return then. Never ever even having a VP unit on my head I don't know just how well I will like it. I have searched a few times and havone ONLY seren this for sale on PSwebsite?

Yep it’s weirdly only on their website!

I haven't had a ton of time to play since I got it, but I did put some more time in today and did a better with the dizziness. When I first started I could feel it if I looked around too fast, but this time was better. I'm going to try and do a bunch of small sessions with it and try not to push in each one to keep building up my tolerance to it. Since I'm already doing better I suspect I can get to place where I don't have it at all (unless I maybe do really long ones). I've heard this approach of doing a bunch of short sessions and stopping before you feel anything major has worked for other people too.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

14 minutes ago, legend said:

I haven't had a ton of time to play since I got it, but I did put some more time in today and did a better with the dizziness. When I first started I could feel it if I looked around too fast, but this time was better. I'm going to try and do a bunch of small sessions with it and try not to push in each one to keep building up my tolerance to it. Since I'm already doing better I suspect I can get to place where I don't have it at all (unless I maybe do really long ones). I've heard this approach of doing a bunch of short sessions and stopping before you feel anything major has worked for other people too.

Also, try dramamine, chewing gum, or a fan. Those things seem to help people from what i've read. I'm lucky, I rarely get it, the only time I can recall is the tales from the Galaxies Edge demo, and that game had a very weird movement system I didn't enjoy, and it was more dizzy than actual sick. Like, I couldn't orient my body, it was weird. I'm definitely going to give it another shot, but it was extremely strange. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I used to love playing vr with a fan lightly blowing on me. Definitely helped with that hot feeling that comes along with motion sickness. Also made some games feel more realistic. Like you can feel the breeze in the game.

I've managed to not get the warm feeling myself, but I've heard that helps others and I do agree that a fan for wind simulation is super appropriate for some of these games!

20 hours ago, legend said:

NICE!!

I get kinda nauseous sometimes in fast moving games when I'm tired I have found over the years. I am kinda worried about how I'd react to this VR stuff but I am very interested especially for games like GT7 as I have a Logitech wheel and love racing games. But I feel it still needs that ONE GAME like a Half Life Alex, etc. I'd buy one right now if it was sold at best buy. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, HardAct said:

NICE!!

I get kinda nauseous sometimes in fast moving games when I'm tired I have found over the years. I am kinda worried about how I'd react to this VR stuff but I am very interested especially for games like GT7 as I have a Logitech wheel and love racing games. But I feel it still needs that ONE GAME like a Half Life Alex, etc. I'd buy one right now if it was sold at best buy. 

Yeah, it's a cool enough experience that I think it's worth trying to acclimate yourself. It's probably the biggest advance in gaming since 3d. It also has the same sense as early 3d games where they not only were cool, but you could tell this was still the very early stages and that it would get so much better with technology.

Depending on how serious of a racing fan you are, GT7 VR might be the game for you, especially since you already have a wheel. It's the whole game and it's implemented really well. But in general I hear you. Right now, it seems like there are a lot of good solid games, but nothing that's rocked the whole industry in the way Alex did. Fingers crossed Valve releases it for PSVR2!

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So you bought it? 

Yeah, several factors annoy me about the launch but not buying it wasn’t helping me any and I wanna see robo dino’s irl.

Next week the first must have for me is out, the spiritual successor to Rush of Blood,  The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR, so it’s a little more exciting for me now!

Also my Quest 2 no longer holds a charge nor charges while plugged in and I haven’t wanted to bother dealing with that so this should also just hold me over until Quest 3 in addition to the ps exclusive stuff.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

enjoy! When does it arrive? Or did you get it already?

Not sure I just did standard shipping so it says 4 days, but they didn’t give me an eta yet, I’m hoping for this weekend, but we will see!

I got the Horizon bundle and I think I’ll buy RE8 even though I beat it on pc, I want to see that. Also I’ll get GT and upgrade Tetris Effect and Rez which I own on psvr.

We need Wipeout VR like asap though.

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

@SuperSpreader Is Klarna what you used for your 4080 purchase? They had that option with this for 4 payments instead with 0% interest so I figured why not and did that since then it’s like nothing and it was super simple.

PayPal asked on checkout if I wanted to split it. Same thing, I could do it all at once but it made more sense to chop it up for cash flow. 

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

Not sure I just did standard shipping so it says 4 days, but they didn’t give me an eta yet, I’m hoping for this weekend, but we will see!

I got the Horizon bundle and I think I’ll buy RE8 even though I beat it on pc, I want to see that. Also I’ll get GT and upgrade Tetris Effect and Rez which I own on psvr.

Awesome! It's gunna be amazing and there is at least a few games that will be worth it. Getting GT was smart because that will be stunning. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!

10 minutes ago, Brian said:

@stepee wow betrayed again :p

Be cautious with payment plans. It is how people get tricked into living above their means and fall into debt. It’s only free because it’s lets them cast a wide net for new debt. 

Yeah I never did it before when I didn’t really have the money but now since I do and was already at checkout to buy it anyway I figured why not try it! 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Awesome! It's gunna be amazing and there is at least a few games that will be worth it. Getting GT was smart because that will be stunning. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!

Yeah I’ve been wanting to see that one graphically even flat screen but just not full price for that, but in VR? That should be nuts.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I’ve been wanting to see that one graphically even flat screen but just not full price for that, but in VR? That should be nuts.

Gt7 looks extremely good (I own it) but playing in vr will be quite the experience. If I had the cash I'd buy this too. Every review I see on YouTube are all very positive and they all say it's worth the money. You lucky son of a bitch lol. 

• Sicko 1

59 minutes ago, stepee said:

I used standard shipping also. Ordered on a Tuesday, had it on Friday.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

@BloodyHell how’s Galactic Edge doing for you? I missed that one on Quest 2, almost bought it a couple times and then the thing stopped charging. I see it’s enhanced now, does it look like a ps4 game now or still obviously designed for Q2?

it is the only game that made me dizzy, so I didn't play much of it to be honest. Something about it felt really unnattural to me. I'm going to try it agains, but so far no bueno. It looked good, but it was hard to play.

40 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

it is the only game that made me dizzy, so I didn't play much of it to be honest. Something about it felt really unnattural to me. I'm going to try it agains, but so far no bueno. It looked good, but it was hard to play.

Eek, might at least wait until I get my vr legs back until I try that then.