Update: PlayStation VR2 to launch on 22 February 2023 (pre-orders begin on November 15) for $549.99/€599.99/£529.99

SaysWho?

27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wait, I have not been paying attention: if a PS VR1 game "made the list" and has been updated/converted to be PSVR2 compatible... you have to re-purchase the PSVR2 edition? 

Here is the free list. The rest you need to pay

After the Fall

Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder

Gran Turismo 7

Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue

Job Simulator

NFL Pro Era

No Man’s Sky

Pistol Whip

Puzzling Places

RC Airplane Challenge

Resident Evil Village

Song in the Smoke: Rekindled

Startenders

The Guy VR Deluxe

Synth Riders

The Light Brigade

The Tale of Onogoro

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

Vacation Simulator

Windlands 2

Zenith: The Last City

Tried this bad boy out today. Did the VR Showcase for Gran Turismo 7 and was thoroughly impressed with the fidelity and being able to inspect every detail of the cars. The VR driving is really well done, it’s incredibly immersive and I’m seriously considering wasting more money for a proper wheel.

Gonna try out Horizon and RE Village next.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

Got mine yesterday. So far I've only really played Galaxy's Edge and Call of the Mountain. 

Both are extremely fun worlds to spend time in, but neither are system sellers. The combat in CotM is a lot of fun, and the views while climbing are incredible, but It does feel like it's lacking exploration. Galaxy's Edge mechanics are so-so, but the world is truly awesome. 

The hardware is extremely impressive though. It took me a bit to get the headset fitting correctly, but once I did I found it to be very comfortable. The foveated rendering is incredible. Setting up the eye tracking was an experience in itself.  The Sense controllers work well. They were also dead when I got them, so I couldn't use the headset till they charged, which sucked lol. 

If Sony truly supports this, I think it can be a great peripheral. I just hope sales justify that support. 

• Halal 2

Man this is a a quiet hardware launch huh. I didn’t realize you can’t even buy this in a store, it’s exclusive to online Sony Direct purchases. Will definitely be interesting to watch where this product goes. 

Shame you can’t use it on pc since the hardware itself sounds killer. I’d probably have gotten it at launch still if it at least had BC, can’t believe they couldn’t figure out how to make that work.

• True 2

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Looks like it gets picked up as a "display" which is what happened when the PSVR(1) was plugged in. This means there's a chance "unofficial drivers" are made again.

I wonder if it should be easier since this mostly works like a regular pc one now..except idk if any pc ones even have eye tracking yet. 

My quest2 no longer charges unless I put it in factory mode and I’ve been too lazy to deal with that and kinda missing vr though, maybe this will inspire me to fix that.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Man this is a a quiet hardware launch huh. I didn’t realize you can’t even buy this in a store, it’s exclusive to online Sony Direct purchases. Will definitely be interesting to watch where this product goes. 

I had a moment of weakness and decided if I can find one at my local Best Buy or Target, I will buy it. Didn’t realize it was a Sony exclusive. I wonder if it is due to extremely limited quantities that Sony didn’t use retailers. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I had a moment of weakness and decided if I can find one at my local Best Buy or Target, I will buy it. Didn’t realize it was a Sony exclusive. I wonder if it is due to extremely limited quantities that Sony didn’t use retailers. 

Probably. I’m also slightly surprised they seem readily available on the direct store.  The cost is probably a big part of it.

10 hours ago, legend said:

Mine is arriving by... Tuesday :sadsun:

Can’t they just add vr to your programming?

15 hours ago, stepee said:

Shame you can’t use it on pc since the hardware itself sounds killer. I’d probably have gotten it at launch still if it at least had BC, can’t believe they couldn’t figure out how to make that work.

Definitely price is a big part of the quiet launch. I do think if people can test this out, they’ll want it though. I was playing GT7 last night, and ended up racing for 2 hours straight. The hardware is really, really good.

as for your second point, nobody knows, but it’s definitely being worked on in the modding community.

i do believe the valve headset has eye tracking, but its also well over double the price.

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Ok, so far, Demeo is and Pistol Whip are the true surprises! Demeo is incredible, and I had nver heard of it before I got this headset. Pistol Whip is just so fast paced and fun. 

Tonight I'll be alone, so i'm diving hard into RE8. Can't wait for walking dead too, 

Pistol Whip is a ton of fun yeah. I haven’t played it since I finally saw the John Wick movies so I really need to try it again once I fix my Quest2.

• Halal 1

It’s crazy how many things that Sony had to do just right so that I would not own this on launch day. I haven’t been able to go to a store and walk in and pick up a big new electronic thing in awhile so I was kinda thinking fuck it like @Brian but then remembered again you can’t do that!

I hate waiting for deliveries of expensive items with the stupid gate issues I have and seemingly constant bad delivery service so it makes the idea off putting.

I WANT to buy this but Sony isn’t giving me the excuses I need so they will probably have to wait two weeks or so.

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s crazy how many things that Sony had to do just right so that I would not own this on launch day. I haven’t been able to go to a store and walk in and pick up a big new electronic thing in awhile so I was kinda thinking fuck it like @Brian but then remembered again you can’t do that!

I hate waiting for deliveries of expensive items with the stupid gate issues I have and seemingly constant bad delivery service so it makes the idea off putting.

I WANT to buy this but Sony isn’t giving me the excuses I need so they will probably have to wait two weeks or so.

Buy it you sick fuck!

Just now, best3444 said:

Buy it you sick fuck!

lmao I want to so bad but so many damn things keep stopping me with this weird launch - I know I’ll buy it and probably at it’s current price but I just don’t want to bother ordering online lol. 

Also it’s time to build a new pc next week. But my tax return would cover both so I wouldn’t mind this either if I could just walk into best buy like any other product.

• True 1